Thanks Thanks:  8
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: The last movie you've watched thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It is good, isn't it! I've seen it 3 times already

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeees, I'd very gladly watch it again!

By the way, did you receive any special Pokemon cards in any of the showings? My friend received a special Detective Pikachu one (he watched it in the Netherlands). Here they didn't give away anything (and I watched it on the opening night, in a large cinema chain).
    Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The theater we go to is the Cineworld chain in the UK.
    They mentioned it on their fb page that visitors would get a card, but then turned out it was only the theaters in London and another city.
    So we didn't get one.
    I'll probably see it again Sunday.

If the rain ever stops here (been raining since last Saturday), I'll go and see Secret Life Of Pets again.
    Seen it 3 times already and I love it!
    Much better then the first one.

Never let your fear decide your fate. KanuTGL's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Last one I saw was actually Detective Pikachu as well, finally! They had a half-price day at my local cinema, so I snatched a ticket. It was so cheesy and so fun No cards though, alas :C

Last week I saw Rocketman too! Good times

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The last film I saw was The Matrix, it's been playing here again to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the film (20 years, though!! I feel really old now! )

I never got chance to see it at the cinema when it was originally released, but aside from some of the effects looking a little dated, it still holds up extremely well. I'm vert glad I got the opportunity to see it on a big screen, well worth it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Watching War Games.
    But I'm not paying a lot of attention to it, lol.
    I don't understand everything, lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    We went to the movies last night and seen Farmegeddon first first.
    Which is the 2nd Shaun The Sheep movie. I didn't think it would work, sheep, aliens, it was weird, lol, but eventually I really liked it, and thought it was much more funnier then the first movie they done.

After that we seen Maleficent 2.
    I really liked the first movie, so wanted to see this one.
    It was a bit stretchy at times, where I thought "get on with it already..." but I really enjoyed it, was really good.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm very curious about the Maleficent movies. When the first one came out, I wasn't that interested. But from what I've seen from the sequel (trailers etc.) I'm a little intrigued. And it could be nice to go to the movies again, it's been a while. (Also, yay for Shaun the Sheep!)

@Aphelion, you're so lucky that you got to watch it on the big screen! I quite like the first Matrix movie, never got the chance to watch it at the cinema though. It was available for a limited time at a summer cinema in the town that I live. I wanted to go, but then I was away for a few weeks and I missed the rehearsal. Oh well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    We seen Abominable the other day.
    It was surprisingly very good and funny!
    I wasn't too fussed to go see it, as I didn't think much of the animation I guess?
    And the trailer didn't really do it for me either, as we've already seen Missing Link & Smallfoot this year, so, another Yeti animated movie?
    But the Trolls & Wonder Park trailers made it look like both movies were for toddlers, and they really weren't, and I think are great movies, so I gave this one the benefit of the doubt.

music spoiler Abominable:
    (the spoiler tags don't seem to work, so I'll put some "enters")

Sad thing, if you've seen the Abominable trailer, you've also heard "Go your own way".
    You see Yi play the song on the violin, and you also here someone sing the song.
    I was SO waiting for it to come, as I loved the little piece you hear in the trailer.
    Don't wait for it, it's not in the movie, and it's not on the soundtrack CD!

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Last movie I watched was Frozen II (don't ask me how *ahem*).

Considering I don't care much for the first film I didn't have super high expectations, but I think I did enjoy this one more than the first one? My main gripe about Frozen is how it's so rushed and "flat" in textures and animation (and story too) - I... don't think I could sit through Frozen without actively cringing in many places now. But this time they actually made sure to put the time and resources they should have poured into the first movie and it looks soo pretty~ Though I love glowy sparkly things, so I guess I'm biased for those visuals Storywise it was kinda "meh" in some places, but I actually genuinely enjoyed the ending and I have newfound appreciation for both Anna and Elsa now, haha. The continuity was neat too; they really paid attention to detail there.

I wish they'd release a remaster of Frozen 1 to go with Frozen 2, with better visuals and an ironed out story, but I suppose that's hoping for too much

-----

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post
    (don't ask me how *ahem*).

I watched Frozen 2 as well, on Wednesday. There were some things I enjoyed as well, like some of the pretty visuals and certain character arcs, mostly that of Elsa and Anna. Like with the first movie I wasn't blown away though. I found the majority of the songs forgettable and bland(which is a pity because the singing was great)and overall...most of it felt very flat. I don't know, the whole way the story was developing didn't feel convincing. It felt like things were happening for the sake of happening, if that makes any sense. Just left the cinema feeling mostly meh about it. I have to say, what I enjoyed the most in the end was Kristoff's song, which was so...random. And yet, I couldn't stop laughing about it, even now that I think of it.

Also watched "Klaus" recently. I found that a lot more enjoyable than Frozen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The wonders of the internet...

Yeah, the songs are weaker this time around (the songs are the one thing I really like about Frozen 1), but after a few listens "Show Yourself" just gets better and better o: Even though it's impossible to sing along to without breaking your voice And Kristoff's song was evidently as cheesy in the film as it sounded on the soundtrack xD

Ooh man, Klaus on the other hand!! Such a gorgeous, gorgeous movie <3 I didn't think I'd see a hand-drawn feature film of this quality again but I am so happy to have been proven wrong I loved everything about Klaus - truly brilliant

-----

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Because of you guys we have just watched Klaus, and is was so good!

Makes me mad, that they had been trying to get this movie since 2015 but studios didn't want to take the risk with a 2D animation.

Adam kept calling it an 'origin story' which I guess it is, hehe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    We just seen Frozen II

And well... I felt anxious and sick throughout most of the movie, as I just wasn't enjoying myself.
    I was bored.

The movie was boring.
    And just as how shocked people will be at my opinion, I am just as shocked at anyone that says this one is better then the original.

The animation was great.
    Many details in how they move and such.

Olaf was very funny!

But the story, it kept dragging on.
    I kept wondering what was going on, why are they were they are?

The songs are great on its own.
    But not in the movie.
    The style just didn't fit at all.

Kristoff's song, I couldn't help but think 'I hope Elton John will sing this when we see him next year', haha!
    That song, the way it was sung, the music, it screamed Elton.

So yeah, no, I didn't like it (at all/very much).

The original one was so much better for me. Everything in that one was a perfect fit. For this one, not so much.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    Kristoff's song, I couldn't help but think 'I hope Elton John will sing this when we see him next year', haha!
    That song, the way it was sung, the music, it screamed Elton.
    Nathalie, from the moment I listened to that song, I could only think of this one instead, for some reason:

From the comments I see that more people can relate.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Lol!
    It is so 80's...

Same music team though, but went a complete different direction.
    Shame. Seriously, the Bohemian Rhapsody video thing in Frozen during his song??
    Millions of little girls will not get any of it, lol.
    (And let's face it, that's the biggest fan base Frozen has).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've heard that they wanted to take Frozen 2 in a more "mature" direction (like HTTYD2 did - "age the story with its audience" or something like that), assuming that a lot of the kids who saw it when they were younger will also see the sequel. Assuming those now teenagers/young adults have seen Bohemian Rhapsody in that time they'll get the reference... but, yeah, it's a stretch

-----

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I highly doubt the little girls from 2013 who are now teenagers, all know Queen, lol.

I like the fact they aged, off course, and like in HTTYD, that's a great thing they've done in all 3 movies. Time does not stand still.
    I like the Simpsons, but it irks me that Bart is still 9 years old for the past 30 years, haha.

But meh ... Frozen 2, no thanks, won't be seeing that again any time soon.
    The soundtrack however, have been listening to that. I like them so much more, then when I actually heard them in the movie.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Probably not Then again, the Bohemian Rhapsody video is so well known in pop culture that they might have seen the image before. Otherwise I guess it's a fun gag for the parents who will have to watch the movie on repeat soon :P

I'll be seeing Frozen 2 again when it hits theatres over here, but that might be it for a while. I liked it, but it's not like Klaus or Moana or anything of that standard. Thouugh I do have a water nokk POP on my desk here now and I'm slightly embarrassed by that since I don't like the original Frozen much at all, but it looked nice and I approve of the sequel enough, so that says something I guess xD

-----

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    We spent most of the day at the movies yesterday.

In the morning we saw The Addams Family.
    The style looked a bit odd I guess, so wasn't sure if wanted to see it.
    And I've also never seen anything before about them.
    Very pleasantly surprised!
    It was funny all the way through, good story, and we enjoyed it a lot more then Frozen 2, haha!

In the evening we went to the Friends screening.
    For 3 Sundays, they are doing 4-5 of the best episodes on the big screen.

After that, we saw Jumanji.
    For a sequel, it was was very good, decent, just normal really, like a movie should be.
    It's great to see other characters having to act like Danny DeVito, lol.