Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lulzsec and Hacktivism

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    First of all, this, this, and this.

I think at least a few people in this thread understand that hacking is nothing more than a particular skill; that it is a technical one makes it no more menacing than many other abilities one might have, just as having knowledge of it does not indicate that one is an antisocial basement dweller of the worst kind. Having elite computer know-how also does not guarantee one respect or admiration (but if it does show up, then there you go).

The decision as to whether or not someone's actions are appropriate should be based solely on the actions themselves--the application of the skills used.

With regards to morality, I've witnessed or heard of several instances of websites getting sacked or accounts getting broken into, and I'll say this: Some of those cases frightened me beyond belief (why are government websites not secure?), and others just made me laugh.

It's all very subjective, but whether it's right or wrong makes little difference when you focus on the fact that the systems that were targeted should not have been vulnerable (at least not so vulnerable that random morons on the Internet could take them out like it was nothing). Sometimes, not enough responsibility sticks to those who allow these sorts of incidents to happen; this must change.

Lastly,

Quote Originally Posted by Guntur View Post
    I believe we should lock and bury this argument ... It just a conflict point of views that nobody cares at all.
    I wholly disagree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hacking ftw!!

joke aside, iv never been effected by this crap, so, i dunno if the s"¤!t hits the fan it hits the fan, i mean not much we can do.

i dont have any money on my accounts anyway im broke xP