Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Lion King in KH2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just to waste some time, I drove over to a video game store. The moment I pulled up, I saw the big Kingdom Hearts 2 standup that said that it was now out. I played it cool, walking in, though the larger part of me wanted to run in and demand to see the back of the box! It looks really cool! I'm so excited about the Steamboat Willie level! Oh, and the Lion King level, too! It looks like Mickey is going to actually be a character in the game! I wonder if you'll now travel in a group of four. Whatever it is, it's going to be awesome! I'm on the last part of the last level of the first game-the one with all of the boss battles. I'm going to finish that before I pick up the second one!

It struck me last night just how much Kingdom Hearts has effected the way that I perceive the world. Like, when I'm walking around on campus, I just feel like this is "my" world, though there are more out there. Really, there are different worlds out there, for all intents and purposes. Like, my world, this college campus, is really different from the world of someone who lives in East Africa. But as Kingdom Hearts says, "One sky. One destiny." and we really are connected that way. Last night, I noticed the stars twinkling for the first time in a long time. I'd looked up to the stars recently, but I hadn't seen them twinkling. It was really cool. Like, it's something that seems like it just shouldn't be possible, yet it is. It reminded me of Traverse Town! So, Kingdom Hearts has allowed me to see the world very differently from the way that I did before playing it. It's also led me to feel more connected to everyone than ever before. Yay for what we'll see in number 2!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Krypto
    Oh, and the Lion King level, too! It looks like Mickey is going to actually be a character in the game! I wonder if you'll now travel in a group of four.
    He was an actual character in KH too. And no, it's still only a team of three.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Katse
    Must get game. Now.

I heard that there's still lines at the game stores in my area. I may have to wait 'til Easter to get mine. ...But I'm sure it'll be worth it!*bounces*
    Then you'd have done better where I live: there was no line and they had lots of copies! I guess there just aren't a lot of Kingdom Hearts fans around here. Oh, well. More for me!

Nephilim, does he come onto the screen in the last bit of the game? If so, DON'T TELL ME! I haven't beaten it yet and I'm not going to get back to my PS2 until this weekend. I know that he gives instructions to Goofy and Donald in the beginning. Is that what you mean by him being in the game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Krypto
    Nephilim, does he come onto the screen in the last bit of the game? If so, DON'T TELL ME! I haven't beaten it yet and I'm not going to get back to my PS2 until this weekend. I know that he gives instructions to Goofy and Donald in the beginning. Is that what you mean by him being in the game?
    How do I answer the last question without answering the first?

[SPOILER]

Yes, Micky is in it at the end.[/SPOILER]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had pre-ordered it and picked KH2 from Gamestop yesterday. Needless to say, homework was on the back burner most of the night.

I don't want to give anything away, but as a warning, the first section of the game (where you learn battle techniques, and explore Twilight Town, etc) is VERY extensive and has its own really cool and developed storyline, something that was missing from KH1. It takes many many hours to complete, but the whole sequence is important because it clears up how the story is connected between KH1 and "Chain of Memories".

If you haven't already, go get KH2 now!
    It'll be a while before I get to the Pride Lands level, I have a feeling...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Errrg.

I've been waiting to play this since I heard about it's upcoming release. Unfourtunatly, this was my PS2's cue to fail in a rather spectaular manner. (Read, overheated and died.) and I can't afford to get another or have this repaired untill after I move, so for now I'll just have to entertain myself with hearing about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No Themethongs from LK OST in KH2, not like Beauty & Beast or Little Mermaid...

PS: Anyone have the detailed Voice Providers' list? Japanese Version does have original V. Providers, which is good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Leviathan
    No Themethongs from LK OST in KH2, not like Beauty & Beast or Little Mermaid...

PS: Anyone have the detailed Voice Providers' list? Japanese Version does have original V. Providers, which is good.
    * Haley Joel Osment as Sora
    * David Gallagher as Riku
    * Hayden Panettier as Kairi
    * Jesse McCartney as Roxas
    * Britany Snow as Namine
    * Christopher Lee as DiZ
    * Steve Burton as Cloud
    * Rachael Leigh Cook as Tifa
    * Mena Suvari as Aerith
    * Hedy Buress as Yuna
    * Tara Strong as Rikku
    * Gwendoline Yeo as Paine
    * Ming-Na as Mulan
    * James Woods as Hades
    * Zach Braff as Chicken Little

That's all I know. Mena Suvari has really screwed Aerith up. I want Maaya Sakamoto back! >(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I tell ya, it is a great plesure to see Simba again, and not only there but in 3 dimensions!!! I think it's great the cretators decided to use him in the game, though it is obvious to use such a well-known character. What makes it even more excfiting for me is that this time Simba is now interacting with different characters, (like Goofy, Donald DUck and Sora, to be specific) coming from a whole different taste and generation. Being an animation buff, it gives me a turn-on to see characters from different styles and designs to be conversing with each other, as if they knew each other all along though not as closely. TLK in particular should be a bit more integrated with all the different universes mainly because it is the only instance in Disney animation where there are NO humans and that the characters are not anthropomorphic animals, but realistic animals (except that they talk). This slight isolation from the general Disney medium can be a bit frustrating at times, esp. since TLK is my favorite movie....the fact Simba can now converse with people outside TLK universe is cooler than olives and pecans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cant wait to play the game it looks wicked, and little cub Simba looks sooooo sweet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well done, Square - Disney. Nice collaboration, again.

Kingdom Hearts 2 is a great game, and TLK is integrated flawlessly into its texture. I got a chance to play a little in "The Pridelands," as the game calls the TLK universe, and was very impressed.

Sora looks great transformed into a lion, and all the animation is very accurate, instantly recognizable as the different characters.

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Kingdom hearts 2 just came out in Europe today. got my copy 08:05 and just started playing it.. looks smooth and all, but I wonder how much it explaines chain of memories sinse I didn't compleat the whole game even I have it...can't wait to try out TLK lev

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, KHII was finally released over there??? I don't understand why there was so much time difference in the release dates... did they have to re-code the entire game or something?

Yeah you're gonna love the TLK level! Too bad it's going to take a while before you get there... if you're good and play the game in its entirety (don't skip over anything) it should take you about 15 hours of continuous play to make it to the Pride Lands level.

Have fun STM and let us know what you think when you get there!

btw there is an AWESOME video I found on youtube that is a tribute to the TLK level in KHII, here is the link:

Pridelands Ad

Some of the cuts are a little choppy but overall it is a very well done movie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well thats mainly why I got H2 for and beause the first one was good, but over in all it did not live up to it's expetations. The scenery was cut down compaired for the first one, and the seccond most dissapoiting thing was in he end of the first one the end keept going and going so it had you on edge the first time you played it, but the KH2 it was not neiter that so right after I was dissapointed in the game and returned it not worth my time playing after I think of it now though the third thing that was dumbed down was the intelligence of characters the first one was acceptible but the seccond one was ughhhh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Lion_King_300
    Wow, KHII was finally released over there??? I don't understand why there was so much time difference in the release dates... did they have to re-code the entire game or something?
    Um, not like Europe has about a billion languages it has to be translated in to, or anything.

Anyway, completed KH2 on Monday; the Lion King world was the second worse, PotC being utterly terrible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Nephilim
    Um, not like Europe has about a billion languages it has to be translated in to, or anything.
    So they translate the games then? Well at least they don't in Finland.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sharifu
    So they translate the games then? Well at least they don't in Finland.
    Of course they do. If a company tried to release a game into a market where a good deal of the target audience didn't speak or understand the language, they are going to lose a hell of a lot of money.

It doesn't make sense not to. That would be like them sending KH2 to America and not bothering to change it from the Japanese.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well I just thought most people in Europe are required to learn English in school. Like in Finland, STM told me they never bother to translate the games. (Except this one game, I don't remember what it's called)

And well that doesn't really explain why it took so long to release KHII in England either, it doesn't need to be translated there.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sharifu
    Well I just thought most people in Europe are required to learn English in school. Like in Finland, STM told me they never bother to translate the games. (Except this one game, I don't remember what it's called)

And well that doesn't really explain why it took so long to release KHII in England either, it doesn't need to be translated there.
    We were required to learn French or German in school, yet I wouldn't have a clue what was going on 80% of the time in a French or German game.

Actually, it could have done with a fair bit of translating. It's really, really jaring to see words like "Organization," "color" and so on popping out in front of you from the screen. Well, we're part of the EU, so we all get it at the same time.