Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Cubs, New Tricks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Rashus out on watch, y'know, making sure nothing eeeebil comes outta the outlands..." Merra laughed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (Eek! I'm so late! Sorry guys :-/)
    Taka rose his head at nearly noon, and stretched. His limbs were sore, but he shrugged that off. Standing up, he saw that all of the other cubs were already up, apparently waiting for them. He plodded over, dizzily choosing his steps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Mornin' Taka" Merra winked at him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mteuzi grinned at the sight of another friend.

"Hey Taka, what took you so long?" She asked him, padding over to where his groggy steps had taken him so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Taka looked up at the excited cubs, and shrugged. "I was up most of the night" he explained, and sat a few feet from them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Ooh, what were you doing then?" Merra laughed, nudging Mtuezi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Taka glared at Merra, knowing what she was getting at. "Spending time with my brother and dad, thank you very much" he said in an arrogant voice, wryly smiling at her.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Taugadi had noticed Taka approaching the group, and looking very groggy at that. She let out a cheerful, "hey, Taka," and trotted with the others over to him. She stood at Merra's side, simply listening to the conversation.

At Taka explaining what he did last night, Taugadi asked curiously, "was it another one of those talks you guys always have? You know, those Great Kings things?"

((*blockofwriters*X.x))

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Taka sighed and said,"Yeah. Another one of those 'You're so amazing Mufasa! So strong, and brave! And...and-Oh, Taka. Yes. You're unique in your own special way.'" He mocked his father, deepening his voice at appropriate times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Poor Taka..." Merra made fun of him no longer, knowing the appropriate times for a laugh, and this was not one of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Taka shrugged, and said,"He's been doing it since the day I was born. I'm used to it now."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mteuzi shook her head.

"Well its still not right" She muttered. Mufasa had to be strong and brave, he was groomed from birth. But Taka was naturally smart, and his parents took rather little notice of him, minus his mothers natural instinct to compliment her son.

Mteuzi twitched her ears, not wanting to venture into a conversation about Taka's parents, she decided now that she should change the subject.

"So how about we go and do a bit of exploring before breakfast?" She asked in a cheery voice, trying to lift her friends spirits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mala appeared suddenly at the group, her muzzle and claws coated with blood, a vicious look in her eyes. She glared at Taugadi standing so close to Taka then began to lick the blood clean off her muzzle, deliberately leaving it still on her claws. When she felt clean enough she moved over to Taka, sitting next to him silently. She had nothing to say on the subject of his parents or brother; she had a sense of hatred for Mufasa, but only because she had begun to care so deeply for Taka - not admitting it to anyone, of course - and she knew he was being overshadowed by his bigger brother.

Her only siblings were the hyenas that she had grown up with, and being a lioness she had a natural advantage over them, so she didn't know what it felt like to be overshadowed. Even Shenzi would go along with her at every turn, despite her high position in the motley group.

She looked sideways at Taka, drumming her claws on the ground as she waited for something to happen either to give her an excuse to go it alone or a chance to be close to Taka and especially Taugadi - she didn't like the way she'd been looking at him lately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mteuzi noticed a sleek lioness padding up to them. She'd known come to know the beige cub as 'Mala'. To be truthful, Mteuzi didn't like Mala. Her red glowing eyes scared her, and that vicious look she had after a hunt sent chills up her spine. Though she had tried to be friendly as possible, there was always something that wasn't right about Mala. She also noticed that she was very protective of Taka. Taugadi recently had a thing for Taka, and Mala would always send cold stares at her when she wasn't looking.

"Hey Mala, whats up?" She asked, trying to keep her cheerful tone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Taka noticed Mala, and smirked to himself. The tan lioness was rather morbid, but he had to admit she was pretty. "Been hunting...?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Taugadi had stayed silent the entirety of the conversation. She felt she had nothing to add to it, so didn't want to waster her breath. She did feel sorry for Taka, even if she had never really known what it was like to experience the favoritism of parents.

When Mala had arrived, Taugadi's nose wrinkled for a second. She never liked anything to do with hurt and death, especially blood. She wondered how on earth Mala could deal with the stuff all over her. It would make Taugadi feel nausiated. She still didn't say anything, words not coming to her at the moment((me neither.x_x))

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mala noticed the look Taugadi gave her and smirked, licking a bloodied claw slowly before turning her gaze to Mteuzi. She didn't respond for a moment, savoring the taste in her mouth, before she replaced the paw. Her voice had once been smooth but had grown to be a little harsher as she aged - most likely due to her parents and the majority of her friends being hyenas. She responded casually to her - she knew she could terrify the lioness with a simple gaze, but had no real reason to today. Taugadi was once again the object of her odium.

"Nothing."

Her answer was short and simple. She had no real reason to say much else to Mteuzi when she would be saying the rest of it to Taka. She turned a sly look to him, her voice a wickedly silky purr as she spoke to him.

"If you could call it that. There was a zebra that was injured or old - I don't know which - but there wasn't much of a hunt." She let it linger at that, smirking. "I would have saved some for you, but there wasn't much left after Shenzi and Ed found me." She carefully licked at another claw, looking down thoughtfully. It was more of her finding her adopted family, but that wasn't important and they didn't really need to know that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Taka nodded, and said,"I'm starving now...thanks Mala". He looked from Taugadi to Mala, knowing that there was some tenseness between the two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ((ooc: eeeerrrr xX i'm totally confused.. Where would I sign up characters for this RP at? And is it already to late to sign up characters? Was just wanting to know ^^ Sounds like fun :3))

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (It's not too late ^_^ You can put your character info on here.)