Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Cubs, New Tricks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rashu smiled widely, "Well yeah for the most part, but it could have been better.." the orange teen replied with a toothis grin, looking at Mteuzi. "Soo what are two nice ladies as your self doing on a fine morning like this.." Rashu said and sat down beside Mteuzi with wide smile across his muzzle...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mteuzi looked back at Rashu as he sat down next to her.

"Well Mer's hungry, so as soon as the rest of the hunting party wakes up, we'll go hunting" She grinned at Rashu again, and then at Merra. Her cubhood smile was something that she sported on her face when she was a cheerful mood.

"I told you it was to early to hunt Mer" She smirked at her friend, as she began to wonder where the rest of her friends were.

She looked back at Rashu.

"Got anything planned for the day Ras?" She questioned him, one eye brow raised.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Ah hunting.." Rashu smiled gently, looking briefly at Merra before back at Mteuzi, as he heard her question he looked out at the elephant graveyard. "The Hyenas, they are getting restless and now they rarely obey the borderlaws, soo I guess I'll be haveing the border watch today.." Rashu said uttering sigh, to Rashu borderguarding wasn't he's most faveorite job but atleast it was much more exciteing than cub-sitting. "Soo that would mostly be what I'll be doing today.." Rashu said with a handsome smile looking at Mteuzi..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Too early?! It's never too early!" Merra pounced on a stone. "I wish the others would hurry up..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mteuzi smirked at Rashu.

"Sounds kinda boring if you ask me" She winked at him, before padding up next to Merra.

"Yeah, well their all late sleepers, especially Taka"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Lil' lazies.." Merra knocked the stone at Mtuezi, meaning for her to bat it back with her paw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mteuzi used her fast hunting reflexes to knock the stone back at Merra, hoping that her friend wouldn't miss it.

"Well they don't have many things to do, so I guess theres no point in them getting up early"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "I guess..." Merra batted the stone back to Mteuzi. "If only they'd let me go by myself! I could do it on my own..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mteuzi nodded at her friends frustration, while catching the stone in her teeth. She let the rock drop out of her mouth, and she layed down so she could toss it between her paws.

"Well I am allowed to go out and hunt, but its a limited area, and the game there is sparce"

She flicked her tail around a few times, letting it flip from side to side.

She looked up and Merra again.

"Do you think Taka is annoyed that he won't become King?"

She had been thinking about it a few nights ago, when she had heard of a story of a lion who killed his brother to get to the throne. It troubled Mteuzi slightly, and she wanted her best friends opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rashu showd a small yawn, before he rose to his paws, and slowly walked down from the pride rock promontory and out into the savanna towards the elephant graveyard. As he approched the border he gave a slient nod to the curret guard who stood up and made his way back to Pride Rock. Rashu sat down on the hill survaying the rather empty barrenland before him. "This gonna be a long day..." Rashu thought with a low sigh, not takeing his eyes off the outlands...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ((OOC: Woot! 600 posts!!))
    "Well, Mtuezi..." Anyone who had known Merra for at least five seconds would know that she was about to go into a vebal essay. "I think the whole monarchy and who is in it at any one time is only because of one factor, 'Accident of birth.' Basically, Taka was born in the right place at the wrong time. He very well may think that if only he were next in line...He might be annoyed, I don't know. But what if he doesn't even want to be king? It then might be a welcome relief..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rashu was beginning to doze off there sat watching the empty outlands, "This is soo frikin BORING!!" Rashu mutterd with an annoyed sigh as he turned his gaze downwards and saw to his suprised an hyena crossing the border. Rashu blinked a few times assureing himself that what he saw was indeed happending. And with a deep snarl he jumped down the hill and rushed towards the inturdeing hyena. "You there!! Halt!!" Rashu growled as ran towards the creature, as he got closer he could clearly see that the hyena was old. The old hyena turned seeing the lion running towards it, it's ears flatten backwards and it slowly back off. The teen walked up before the hyena and glared down at it, "Why are you disobeying the borderlaws?? filth!" Rashu snarled bareing his teeth at the hyena, "Please my dear lion... let me pass, I am old and weak I don't mean any harm I just need water and food.." the hyena replied with a weak voice frowning. Rashu bit his lip, "I am not sure if I can let you pass..." Rashu said hesetateing, even though he had to admit he felt remorse for the creature.

"Please my noble lion, just for this day, and I will never voilate the laws ever again, I am pleadeing you with my life.." the old hyena whimpered, looking at the teen with a frown. Rashu kept slient for a while before he utterd a low sigh, "Alright... I'll let you pass, but only for this day, and just a warning, stay away form the large stone kopje.." Rashu said looking the old hyena over. "Oh Thank you!! bless you my dear boy.." the hyena beamed, "No problem.. but you better get going, before someone see us.. my shift is soon over.." Rashu said and hushed the hyena forward. "I promise you, my dear lion that your kindness will not go unnoticed, I am Maya btw.." the old hyena smiled before she ran off into the savanna leaveing Rashu behind. "Well that was unusual.." Rashu thought as he walked up the hill again and sat down eyeing Pride Rock in the distance...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ((Haha, I'm so late. ))

Just imagine her looking like a young adolescent, kinda like Kiara-ish.
    Name: Taugadi
    Fur Colour: Light French Gray
    Eye Colour: Deep Brown
    Tail Tuft: Dark French Gray
    Likes: Anything to do with her Friends(especially Taka*winkwinknudgebudge*)
    Dislikes: Mistreating of herself and any other
    Relatives: n/a
    Friends: Mtuezi, Taka, Rashu, Merra, and Mala(but that seems to be wearing thin)
    History: Taugadi has lived with the Prideland pride as long as she could remember. She never really had a mother or father to care for her, but the lionesses of the pride made sure that she was attended to. Her closest friend is Taka, whom she seems to be developing quite the crush to. However, when she's in love, she's blind to all negative things about the crush in question, so she hasn't really taken notice of how Taka is becoming.
    Personality: Cheerful; optimistic; a bit naiave(think Kiara, but less ditzier)
    ----
    Brown eyes fluttered open when the light of the sun flooded into the cave. She slowly lifted her head, letting out a good, long yawn. She lazily stood to her feet, leaning forward to stretch the still sleeping muscles of her hind legs. Dark brownish gray toes padded out of the cave, looking up into the sky. It was a beautiful morning.

Taugadi seemed to be getting a bit more lazy about getting up in the morning. Sometimes, she was the last to awaken. She supposed it was all part of being an adolescent. She smiled at the thought of how she'd grown. She was old enough now to begin to take care of herself, even if she was still a bit younger than her peers. Just think, soon she'd maybe even be able to have cubs. In her own privacy, Taugadi would daydream about maybe even Taka being the father((hopeless romantic:P)).

Black rimmed ears perked to see her friends, Merra and Mteuzi, in the distance. A small smile appeared on her cream maw and she trotted down to greet them. "Hey, guys!" she said as she approached, not looking very tired anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Tau! How're ya doin'?" Merra bounded up to Taugadi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (( Wow, I missed things.

Name:Mala
    Fur Colour: Soft light brown, beige underbelly, thin reddish triangle going from her forehead and ending in a point between her shoulder blades.
    Eye Colour:Red on yellow
    Tail Tuft: Brown
    Dislikes: Nothing outwardly.
    Relatives: Ambika - mother and Iniko - father, both long dead.
    Friends: The others ( don't want feelings hurt! xD )
    History: Mala was born to Iniko and Ambika, the two lions who took up an allegience with the hyenas against King Mohatu. She still returns to her homeland sometimes, just for the memories it provides of her parents, but she usually sleeps outside of Pride Rock. As she's grown she's become more, not less, reclusive and is less inclined to spend her days with her friends, instead turning her mind to other devious ideas that have recently begun to take over. Namely, becoming Queen of something.
    Personality: Loner, but is usually happy when she's with her friends for a while. She's become more serious and is slowly becoming hateful. ))

Mala's sharp-edged face poked up over a rock, her red and yellow eyes studying the abolescents not too far away. She had felt a rift developing, especially between Taugadi and herself, and thought that maybe today she should leave the lioness to have her Taka.

She stalked off bitterly, waving her tail slowly behind her. The tail brush seems to have fluffed out more than the normal Prideland cubs, which suited her fine - the less she looked like them, the better.

She jumped up onto a tall rock and stood regally atop of it, studying the lands before her. A cool breeze blew and she turned her head against it towards the lands now presented to her, the Outlands. They were termite infested and disgusting, but sometimes she felt drawn to it. It was a new place to explore and had many caves to hide in, but she could never imagine living there like some of the Pride's exiled members once had to. Ambika once told her she was forced to live there for a period of time before she found Iniko.

Mala snorted and stretched out over the rock, turning her eyes away from it and staring forwards. She decided to hunt soon, since an unusual thirst for blood was whetting the young lioness' appetite. She sank her claws into the stone as she yawned, closing her eyes and listening to the silence around her; even the sound of the adolescents, still cubs at heart, was far off in the distance now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Katse
    Brown eyes fluttered open when the light of the sun flooded into the cave. She slowly lifted her head, letting out a good, long yawn. She lazily stood to her feet, leaning forward to stretch the still sleeping muscles of her hind legs. Dark brownish gray toes padded out of the cave, looking up into the sky. It was a beautiful morning.

Taugadi seemed to be getting a bit more lazy about getting up in the morning. Sometimes, she was the last to awaken. She supposed it was all part of being an adolescent. She smiled at the thought of how she'd grown. She was old enough now to begin to take care of herself, even if she was still a bit younger than her peers. Just think, soon she'd maybe even be able to have cubs. In her own privacy, Taugadi would daydream about maybe even Taka being the father((hopeless romantic:P)).

Black rimmed ears perked to see her friends, Merra and Mteuzi, in the distance. A small smile appeared on her cream maw and she trotted down to greet them. "Hey, guys!" she said as she approached, not looking very tired anymore.
    Mteuzi grinned and perked her ears up.

"Heya Tau, what took you so long?"

She smirked at her friend playfully, deciding to drop the Taka question she had asked Merra earlier.

"We're going hunting, wanna come along? That is as soon as everyone else wakes up"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ((OOC:I did answer it! Or rather, Merra did... ))

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ((ooc: Hehe, sorry, didn't notice ya post before Katse's))

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rashu turned as he heard some rushlig in the grass behind him. As he turned he saw a lion comming up to him. "Great you came.." Rashu said with a small sigh of relife, and begun to slowly walk back to Pride Rock. "And no nothing really interesting has happend.." Rashu added as he hasten his trott back to the pride. What he said wasn't true though since it had indeed happend something, but Rashu didn't want the fact that he had let an hyena into the pridelands get noticed. Since that certainly meant he had explain himself to the King and that was something he clearly dispiced witch also could force him to lie, witch Rashu rarely did. The young teen approched the Pride Rock and walked up on the promontory and laid down on the cool ground, uttering a slight yawn and dozeingly eyeing the outlands...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Hey," Taugadi repeated as her friends greeted her. Her smile became wider, "I'm doin' good, thanks."

Taugadi let out a sheepish laugh with a grin to match at Mteuzi's first question. "Yeah, well," she said with a shrug, "I guess I slept in again today!"

"Sure," Taugadi answered at the question of joining them for a hunt, "who're we waiting for now?... Other than me, that is." She let out another slightly embarrassed giggle.

She sat down in her spot, leaning back to stretch her front limbs. "So..." she questioned curiously after a while, "where are the boys? I'd expect at least Rashu to be up by now."