Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I figured it out! Something about Simba in SP!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I figured it out! Something about Simba in SP!

I've been mulling this over in my head forever! No, it's got nothing to do with Simba's personality, sorta...

Well, I got it! Okay, so in The Lion King, do you notice that not-so-subtle...how do I put this? "Sympathetic' look on !ADULT! Simba's face? You know how the eyebrows go up when a character's anxious or worried? Well, even when he's having a good time, Simba has that sympathetic look.

Well, I think that that was lost in SP...but, I always give credit where it's due. In TLK 1.5, Simba has that (along with a bunch of messed up colors fixed...ahem) sympathy again, yet it's much more subtle.

Watch slight bits of the movie. If anyone else notices this, or doesn't, maybe we can find some comparing screen-grabs that'll help other see what I mean! I wish I could get some up here, but I can't do that...people?

I gottit, I gottit! *manaical laughter*...After all theeese years! *hawhawaaaaw!*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Murr, I think the subtle change in Simba's facial expressions isn't the only off thing about him in SP. But yea, he's also pretty off in TLK3. I don't know if they were really focusing that much on such traits for him in the third movie...all of the characters that weren't Timon, Pumbaa, Ma and Uncle Max were off-model.

Now that I think about it, I've never really had a good clear comparison between the three movies' characters...if that makes any sense. Like I'd love to have something of a chart comparing them. Like for (adult) Simba, there would be a picture of him from the original, then a picture of him in the second movie, and one from the third- preferably all in similar poses, full-body, and of good quality. Same with (adult) Nala and the other from the original movie that appear in the other movies. I'd do it myself, but I can't figure out how to screencap shots, and I don't have Simba's Pride on DVD.

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have 3 077 or something screen shots of TLK2 (thanks for Vidan) so just tell me what part you want and I will add those captures

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh yes, other than that, that's the only noticable design thing I see 'off.' But yeah, I was just noticing that. He also seems to be a bit bony (he did live off of insects, I KNOW) during the scenes with Nala, especially when he's on that log! On minute you can see the...I dunno, vein that runs along his dew-claw, the next, he's more filled in. It doesn't bug me...too much.

But the only thing that REALLY ticks me off is the dewclaw in the scenes with Nala! Ugh! Sometimes their roundish,. or no, square, oops, now there's a vein-oh no-now his paws are nice and chunky! Oh no, now they're all flat-like. Oopsies, maybe we shouldmake them angular!

Well, like I said, I'm over that now! Partially...it's just the eyebrow thing he does Don't get me wrong, I love and absolutely ADORE Simba, I'm just one of those irritatingly obsessed people who has to look at every single friggen detail!

*Edit for typos and need to say more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Really, SimbaTheMighty? Let's see...don't wanna' be too demanding, but how about a shot of a full-bodied Simba from TLK while he's arguing with Nala? You know, just a few 20 seconds before he jumps off the log he's on...or sumthin? Let's see, I dunno, maybe a shot of him after Nala shows up, something that emphasizes his eyebrow expression-a head shot perhaps.

I'm not sure what we need from SP, if you can...anything that has him full-bodied, and then another head shot. Then we could compare the two! I'd really appreciate it for anylitical sake! Thanks a bunch if you can!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Different artists have different styles. It just shows through even though they used a model sheet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe Simba got his eyebrows waxed?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I would like to the the screen caps of the scenes you are refering to

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ok.. I try to add those today before going to school, I need to sleep soon and I don't got TLK screenshots just TLK2 on my computer.

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here's some caps of the different movies I took. I never really noticed the difference in his eyes and facial expressions until you said something.

The only major thing that really seems to stand out, for me, is that he looks all bulked-out and Mufasa-ish in the TLK2, but we must remember that he's older in that movie. So maybe they did that on purpose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Stellaluna

The only major thing that really seems to stand out, for me, is that he looks all bulked-out and Mufasa-ish in the TLK2, but we must remember that he's older in that movie. So maybe they did that on purpose.
    Maybe he just worked out really hard....or took steroids..you know...Like major league baseball players like to do...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by lion_roog
    Maybe he just worked out really hard....or took steroids..you know...Like major league baseball players like to do...
    Now that there, Roog, is a most definate possibility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It gets my vote.

Or maybe it was the other way round and he let himself go a bit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was riginally going to say maybe he just did it a lot...but that only makes you lean and possibly build muscle in only certian areas of the body depending on how you do it....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was riginally going to say maybe he just did it a lot...but that only makes you lean and possibly build muscle in only certian areas of the body depending on how you do it....

...wow. ...my, what images I just got...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ooh! Thanks for the screengrabs! As you can see, Simba lokks a little bit more like...well, Simba in TLK 1.5! Oops, g2g!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice possibilities.
    what about the Adult Nala in TLk 1/2?
    They made her look more realisitc in a lioness sence, but was not 100% normal to the TLK stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Ralli
    ...wow. ...my, what images I just got...
    Oh my god. Impure thoughts...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ...You know you're not that innocent......Oh god, when I was typing that I was singing the line from that Brittany Spears song......I am Impure!..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd have to say that I think his eyes were larger in TLK, with more area between eyes and eyebrows.. which make him look slightly younger and his eyes appear wider in TLK. In Simba's Pride, his eyes are more Mufasa-ish, as is his muzzle (which isn't quite as slender as it was in TLK) and, as well, the rest of his facial features.
    Not sure about TLK3, though. From those pictures, it looks like a bizarre mix between TLK and SP, and it's very difficult to put my finger on what, exactly, is 'wrong'.

Another thing that isn't really a big deal, but is kinda noticable, is that in TLK, whenever the lions were shown in broad daylight, the whites of their eyes were coloured yellow; but at night or twilight/dusk, they were coloured white. In Simba's Pride, and apparently TLK3, they're always yellow no matter what time of the day.