Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you collect?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

What do you collect?

Apart from TLK ...
    Do you have some other big collections?

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I used to collect butterflies with my friend when I was a kid. We had quite a collection, but I think that dried up during out early teenage years as we developed other kind of interests. I also used to collect rocks from my vacations, but I stopped that as well when I turned 16 as I had no idea where to keep those rocks so those got just thrown out in some point.

Now days I cannot afford anything else than Lion king stuff.

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have a few small collections of bits and pieces, I say small because the things I collect tent to be quite expensive are often quite rare.

Firstly, I collect autographs of actors from TV shows that I watch. I've been collecting these for the longest time and it is my biggest collection. My first autograph was from Gigi Edgley from Farscape (and also Rescue: Special Ops for anyone is Australia ) which I got in September '04 and my most recent was from David Blue of Stargate Universe only a couple of weekends ago. With a couple of exceptions I've met all the actors who's autographs I have. If you're at all interested I have pictures of them all in this album.

Keeping with TV shows I also have a small collection of props from various TV shows which includes a CTU visitor pass from 24, a picture that was hanging in Abby's forensics lab from NCIS, a Police file from Caprica and John Crichton's ammo belt case and pulse pistol from Farscape.

If you've been on the "Post a picture of yourself" thread you've probably seen my costume collection. As it stands at the moment I have:
    John Crichton from Farscape, Cameron Mitchell from Stargate SG-1, Matt Scott from Stargate Universe, Chuck Bartowski from Chuck, Jack Bauer from 24, Sam T Anders from Battlestar Galactica and an NCIS agent.
    Most of these are I've put together myself, however one of them - my Battlestar Galactica costume was actually used on the show.

I also have a small collection of TV scripts. The complete second season of 24, 2 from NCIS, both parts of Farscape The Peacekeeper Wars and an episode of the main series of Farscape. Again, most of these are copies of the actual scripts used in the various productions, however the Farscape one was used by a member of the costume department for that episode.

I'm nothing if not a colossal nerd

Oh and soundtracks. Not particularly rare (well, not most of them anyway) or expensive, but I do have a lot of them, lol

Funnily enough (or not, depending on how you look at it) I don't actually have a TLK collection. I have the UK trilogy DVD boxset and the US collectors edition of the first film and that's about it, hehe.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Aside from TLK, I collect Vinylmation. That's pretty much it actually.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    TLK is my biggest collection. I used to be really into collecting stamps (postage stamps), and I actually bought some lion king ones off ebay a year or so ago. And I would still like to collect stamps, but I guess it just gets left behind by other things. Otherwise, I collect feathers, though I don't really know what to do with them, I just find them fascinating and like trying to guess what birds they're from. I'm also sort of starting to get a collection of animal based fantasty books. Otherwise, I really don't collect anything.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I used to collect rare coins, but I stopped at some point. Can't really say I collect anything anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ...lots of pictures from the internets
    [SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/2jags50.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ Now that you mention it, I used to do that too... cool dragon pictures mostly. Not so much anymore... now I just collect whole folders of my art that's on my comp and all my digital photos that I need to sort through more to delete a whole lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I collect lots and lots of Original CD's. Of course the CD that I consider good music, awesome cover, and of course with a lot bonus materials.

Actually, I've decide to put on detail on this post.

As I collecting more Original CD's. Half of the collection are consider: indie/EP/unsigned CD's.

Some of my favorite CD's mostly are from the independent scene!
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have a coin collection, I always try to get coins from every country or place I go to, or get them from other people from countries I've never been to

Quote Originally Posted by Sombolia View Post
    I used to collect rare coins, but I stopped at some point. Can't really say I collect anything anymore.
    Maybe you can collect some few from the Europe trip you'll take, and restart the habit

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ Do you have any Aussie or NZ ones ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think I have at least one or two Aussie coins, maybe you can spot them in the collection picture above. I think they're the ones on the bottom center, and a bit to the left

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leorgathar View Post
    Maybe you can collect some few from the Europe trip you'll take, and restart the habit
    That's a good idea I already know I want a $1 coin from Canada.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I collect water/snow globes. I don't have a huge collection as I find it hard finding somewhere to store them, but I usually buy them as souvenirs from tourist attractions and different countries... TLK ones are welcomed too. And yes, I collect TLK-stuff. What a surprise.

Otherwise, I don't really collect anything else. If I have spare coins or notes from different countries, I usually spend them the next time I go to a country that uses that currency.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowland View Post
    ...lots of pictures from the internets
    Oh, I didn't know e-collections counted...

what is my life

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I collect experience! Each month I dabble with a new skill, each season I try to develop one of those skills, and each year I try to master at least one of those skills.

Also, I collect camera equipment Not this new fangled auto-photographer crap, but the old, metal, make-you-do-the-work, $2 at salvation army stuff. Good times

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oooh, that coin collection reminds me.

I collect coins, mostly the quarters from each of the american states... I think I have 38-ish or something now... will have to dig it out before I go to the states again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh, I collected those state quarters too. I have all 50 in a display thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ Fancy! Hopefully I can complete the collection on my next visit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does it include old fashion film Photography?
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group