Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spiders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tarantulas, I'm all good with, I've held them before and all was fine, that comes from being a zookeeper. Wee little money spiders, again it's all good. Anything in between however and things are a little different. As long as they don't move and I can trap them then it's not too bad, but once they start moving is when I start freaking out. I don't like killing them if I can help it and I feel quite bad if I accidentally kill one while trying to trap it.

There was a great quote about spiders I heard:
    "Spiders: They're inexplicably fast and absurdly crafty ... like the Spetsnaz!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We get humungous huntsman spiders here, now I just get a glass and peice of paper, scoop them up and toss over neighbour fence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^I can't get my hand that close to them, I just can't do it Though strangely, when I'm doing the pygmy possum stuff, we get huntsmans in the nest boxes and I can put my hand in a nestbox that has a huntsman in it to get out a possum. But I can't go near them at home... but they must die...
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't like spiders like the most of us here. The good news is the lot of 'em will run away if confronted. Azerane I commend you for living in Australia, because of having so many poisonous spiders. We try not to kill the spiders instead we capture them in a bug jar and let them go outside. I see mostly wolf spiders & daddy longlegs, which all creep me out anyway.
    "If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This may look like nothing to some of you here, but I just found this hairy monster in the bathroom.

And now I'm all itchy just thinking about it...

This is one thing I don't miss about summer. You see many more spiders than you do in the winter.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ew KS, that is a pretty big spider. For England anyway

Generally I'm okay with spiders but I tend to stay away from them when I can. If there's one in the room with me I have to catch it and let it free, I can't relax knowing it's out there somewhere. But then, the spiders we get here aren't very big, so I avoid killing them. If I lived somewhere the spiders were huge though...it'd probably be a different story...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    WARNING!

I found this today.

Edit: I thought I'd be nice and put a "WARNING".

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That is really creepy Hasira... That's why when I hit a spider or spray it with something, I make sure I get it good enough so it doesn't fall or run somewhere where I then have no idea what happened to it
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Eck, spiders.
    I don't hate them, because I know that they're good for controlling other pests but still...

I mean, they've completely taken over my basement, so every time I go and do laundry, I get attacked by spiderwebs everywhere

But, I'd rather see a spider than an earwig or a maggot.
    Much rather.
    Just thinking about those makes me cringe ;~;
    ~ЖΔЖ~

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    They need to die.

That is all.
    I don't care they eat flies. I'd rather be in a room with flies.

If there is anything I'm scared to death about, it's spiders, and this phobia goes extremely far.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    But look how cuuuuuuute!

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well I just looked up huntsman spiders. Nope D:

I maintain a tolerance of spiders and will scoop them up in a plastic cup & throw them outside if they get in my way, (I'm not the best at dusting/cleaning floors, so I can hardly fault the ones that stay in the shadows for moving in and getting comfy,) in all but 2 places with one common thread.

Showers, or anywhere near my bed. If the spider is in place where my glasses are off, or are going to be off, then I kill them. Because I can't have you creeping up on me when I'm half blind. No no no.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HasiraKali View Post
    But look how cuuuuuuute!

Have some more

Quote Originally Posted by cleargreenwater View Post
    Well I just looked up huntsman spiders. Nope D:

I maintain a tolerance of spiders and will scoop them up in a plastic cup & throw them outside if they get in my way, (I'm not the best at dusting/cleaning floors, so I can hardly fault the ones that stay in the shadows for moving in and getting comfy,) in all but 2 places with one common thread.

Showers, or anywhere near my bed. If the spider is in place where my glasses are off, or are going to be off, then I kill them. Because I can't have you creeping up on me when I'm half blind. No no no.
    "I'll sneak up on you when you can barely see, just like how you always sneak up on us knowing we've got bad eyesight. I WILL AVENGE MY BROTHERS!' - Malevolent spider

But in all seriousness, spiders is the shower in a big no-no >p<
    ~ЖΔЖ~