Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pics from Portland TLKOB trip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pics from Portland TLKOB trip

Hello all, for those that don't know, yesterday I drove down to Portland, Oregon from Seattle with fellow Lea member Starlioness and picked up Sharifu (who took a bus from Medford, Oregon) to see TLKOB at the Keller Auditorium!

It was the first time for both me and starlioness to meet Sharifu, and it was also the first time for star to see TLKOB! We had a lot of fun, it was a very memorable trip and worth every minute of the long 6 hour driving day. And yes, Sharifu is even more nice and friendly in person than she is on the boards. It was great to be able to spend time with her.

We went to the Oregon Zoo before the show, and managed to take some pics there. I didn't get to take any around or inside the theatre, because it was so crowded, but when I go next week with my family and friends I'll try to take more pics of the theatre. Enjoy!

Starlioness and Sharifu in front of the mountain goats

Audra and I in the African bird exhibit. Look out for buzzards!

Group shot on the African savanna, with giraffes looking on in the background

We spent a lot of time exploring the "African" part of the zoo, here is Audra in front of the zebra exhibit

All that walking made Audra thirsty! :thirsty: I didn't know lions drank Coke too...

Starlioness posing with a yellow snake plushie in the gift shop

Audra and I playing with a pink cobra

This was our view of the stage from our seats in the Auditorium, not too bad for $25 seats ($35 after ticketmaster, building, and convenience fees)

It was a great experience and I really hope we get to do it again sometime down the road. I took a bunch more pics of animals at the zoo, and I'll post those later today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks a lot for sharing these pics with us, Tim. Looks like you, starlioness and Fu all had a great time.

Lookin' all great as usual.

And haha, that pink cobra looks so fluffy and cuddly. I think I used to have something similar to that. Not quite sure where it's gone though.

The Auditorium looks cool. I'd like to experience that sometime and of course, see TLKoB for myself. ^^

Lookin' forward to more pics from you guys.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Wow, Lion King 300, very nice pictures, you seem to had an amazing time there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yeah awesome piccys looks like you had fun ^^.
    Damn you taking Fu away from me when I wanted to talk to her .

I always imagined you being tall to be honest Tim don't ask me why xD.
    Members I have had the pleasure to meet: STM [x2], Sharifu [x2], Taneli [x2], King Simba [x4], Shadow [x1], Nathalie [x2], Lucy Lioness [x2], This Land [x4], Daniel [x2], Nephilim [x1], KanuTGL [x2], Revo [x1], Naline [x1], FCSimba [x9], Leorgathar [x1]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yay! Looks like y'all had fun. Is anyone in the San Antonio area going to the show next year? I've set aside a rather large sum in my bank account to go as many times as possible. It'd be awesome to meet some of you there.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Lion King Stu

I always imagined you being tall to be honest Tim don't ask me why xD. [/B]
    Lol, that's really funny. I'm actually by far the tallest person in my family, I'm 6' (182cm) exactly, my mom was 5'3 and my dad is 5'6 and my sister is really short like 5'0 or 5'1... so I'm considering myself lucky!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Talking about heights, most of my family are around the same height to be honest. My mum is around 5 ft 1, my dad is around 5 ft 2 and my sis is around 5 ft 3. I'm a little taller than my dad.

My family is short. :woeisme:

Anyways, talking about that pic with Fu beside the vending machine, a lot of walking can make you very thirsty. I get thirsty very often after doing that. I usually get something out of the vending machine when that happens too.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Cool! At least in those pictures I don't look too bad, I usually don't like my pics. You have a nice camera though! I should get one like that someday...

And you?re friendly and nice too Tim! Shawna?s fun too, she liked talking to me about my favorite TV show, Gargoyles! Gee, thanks for putting bunny ears on me Shawna... Everyone seems to like to do that to me. (Even though I knew she was doing it...) XD

The Oregon Zoo was really pretty I liked it a lot! I even think it's prettier then the San Francisco Zoo. Too bad the Oregon Zoo didn't have any lions! But they had tigers! But it's a really nice zoo and it's nicely laid out with lots of animals.

For dinner when went to a mall to eat and they had a Disney store there! I thought it was a pretty neat Disney store. They even had some statues of cubby Simba, Zazu and Rafiki. (And I really liked them they looked perfect) Tim when you go to Portland next week, and if you go to that mall, you should take a pic of that! (Only if you want to of course)

Those seats were actually really good I thought and I was surprised how cheap they were! I thought those seats were much better then the first time I saw the show in San Francisco California and it was a lot cheaper too! Like half the price! The performance was great too! And this was my first time going to Portland, I always wanted to see what it was like. And it's a big neat city and I liked it!

It was so worth it to go, even though I paid a lot of money for the bus ticket and the trip for me to Portland was twice as long as Tim and Shawna's. (Because Medford is farther away from Portland then Seattle, plus those buses are sooo slow) But it was totally worth it, I'm not complaining at all! I slept most of the time on the bus anyways. But I had so much fun! Thanks again Tim for planning all this. If it weren't for you, I would of never saw TLKoB in Portland, and it was you who got cheap tickets (great ones at that), and even found out the password to get the tickets before the public! And thanks for bringing Shawna and thanks Shawna for coming!
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh you're very welcome Audra! I saw this as kind of a once in a lifetime experience for all of us, who knows if we're going to be able to do this again, and I'm glad everything worked out fine.

And I did totally forget to mention the mall part, that Disney store was cool! I wish they had more TLK plushes but oh well. I should have definitely brought my camera, I will next time.

Oh here's another statistic, I spent exactly as much on GAS as you did on your bus ticket! I filled up for $35 before I left, and filled up another $36 when we were in Portland for a total of $71, and I'm just about empty now back in Seattle. And your bus ticket costed $71!

And if anyone wants to try to crack the password for advance tickets on Ticketmaster when TLKOB comes to your city (usually only offered to theatre subscribers) I'd recommend going down the list of TLK characters. Try Mufasa Simba first then the side characters like Timon Pumbaa, Sarabi, etc. you'll eventually guess it right! Also look on messageboards for clues. This is virtually the only way to guarantee yourself really good seats before they're available to the public. The password for the San jose run is Pumbaa, same as Portland.

(now I hope a ticketmaster rep doesn't come to my house and shoot me!)

Anyway I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and hopefully we can see each other again not too far in the future.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Lion_King_300
    Oh here's another statistic, I spent exactly as much on GAS as you did on your bus ticket! I filled up for $35 before I left, and filled up another $36 when we were in Portland for a total of $71, and I'm just about empty now back in Seattle. And your bus ticket costed $71!
    Wow, go figure. XD I had no idea gas was going to cost you that much.

The password for the San jose run is Pumbaa, same as Portland.
    Ahh you told them!

Just kidding, I think the only Lea Member who also lives in San Jose is Muruwa. (And she's my friend in real life way before I joined Lea) I know she wants to see TLKoB though so I'll try to plan with her soon to go see it. I can't really think of any other Lea members that also lives near the Bay Area, except for Eric (Woes) and he's already planning to go to it too. (At least he wants to) But I better plan soon. I know how quick these tickets go. Plus I'll ask some of my friends from school and maybe some of my family.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Awesome! I'm jealous lol, I wanna meet some of you guys <_< >_>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here are some pics of animals from the Oregon Zoo:

From the African bird exhibit, this unique bird had a beak that looked like a hornbill and black feathers.

A couple of giraffe pics

A hippo basking in the sun

"Digga tunnah... Dig Digga Tunnah" Timon and his friend are digging their new home

Mountain Goat

Endangered Humboldt penguins (smaller breed) are kept safe at the Oregon Zoo

Polar bear

The best pic I took IMO, The zebra was drinking from the pool and he looked up right as I snapped the picture!

Another one of our striped horse friends

I too was a little disappointed at the lack of big cats at the zoo but overall it was laid out very nicely in sections with both indoor and outdoor exhibits. And we were lucky to go on the $2 admission tuesdays, which actually is only the SECOND Tuesday of every month! It was our lucky day I guess!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by King Simba
    Anyways, talking about that pic with Fu beside the vending machine, a lot of walking can make you very thirsty. I get thirsty very often after doing that. I usually get something out of the vending machine when that happens too.
    Haha yeah... I was pretty thirsty. I was just going to wait until I found a water fountain so I can get a free drink, but I had no idea when and where I would find one, plus that vending machine was near us when we were walking so I got a drink anyways. And I ended up using it as a drink for dinner too. I thought the vending machine looked pretty cool with the lions on it.

Nice pictures of the animals at the zoo Tim! You really do have a nice camera!

And we were lucky to go on the $2 admission tuesdays, which actually is only the SECOND Tuesday of every month! It was our lucky day I guess!
    Oh wow! Where did you find that out? We're really lucky then! It was good for me because I owe my mom a lot of money already.

Oh btw, when you go to Portland again, make sure to go to the Greyhound Bus Station again earlier in the day so you can buy those TLK snow globes if you want one (or more then one). (Yes the bus station's gift shop has TLK snow globes for sale! I was quite surprised)
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sharifu

Oh wow! Where did you find that out? We're really lucky then! It was good for me because I owe my mom a lot of money already.

Oh btw, when you go to Portland again, make sure to go to the Greyhound Bus Station again earlier in the day so you can buy those TLK snow globes if you want one (or more then one). (Yes the bus station's gift shop has TLK snow globes for sale! I was quite surprised)
    I checked on the Oregon Zoo website http://www.oregonzoo.com for the admission stuff... I thought it was $2 every Tuesday, so we won't get that good price next week...

Yeah I'm sure I can find time to stop by the Bus station again, I would really like one of those snowglobes. Those are so hard to find nowadays even on Ebay... and at a bus station??? Coolness!

My camera is actually pretty old, I got it 2 Christmases ago I think it's only 2.0 megapixels but I like it because it's easy to use. Nowadays people have these 4 and 5 MP and 12x digital/optical zoom deluxe everything and I don't need that, I'm no professional. Just something that can point and shoot and zoom a little bit.

Cameras like mine can be found for under $100 online if you shop around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sharifu
    Haha yeah... I was pretty thirsty. I was just going to wait until I found a water fountain so I can get a free drink, but I had no idea when and where I would find one, plus that vending machine was near us when we were walking so I got one anyways. And I ended up using it as a drink for dinner too. I thought the vending machine looked pretty cool with the lions on it.
    Used water fountains at school before. Don't use them much anymore though since we have vending machines at our school. However, none of them have pretty pictures like that on it.

Anyway, w00t, more pics! Like to see what the Timon's are doing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I checked on the Oregon Zoo website http://www.oregonzoo.com for the admission stuff... I thought it was $2 every Tuesday, so we won't get that good price next week...
    Aww oh well... No wonder there were so many people there that day. Maybe you, your family and friends can go on that Wild Life Walk? I remember you mentioning something about that, and it's free? But I'm sure you guys will find something to do. I know you'll have fun! Seeing TLKoB again is always great...
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ooo piccies! good thing the photo's of me didn't break the computer screen

all I have to say is that I suck at using cameras so the one pic of Tim and Sharifu is crappy *blush*. and apologies of having ugly hair *hides* I need a better hair spray.:nukawha: .

about the Lion Soda machine .. they should've had Hakuna Matata Punch. or Rafiki's Passion Fruit juice or something ..

I shoulda bought that snake plushie dangit.

*dreams of all the little Stitch plushies at the disney store*

gotta go!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by starlioness
    all I have to say is that I suck at using cameras so the one pic of Tim and Sharifu is crappy *blush*.
    Nah... That pic is fine.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey looks like ya'll had a blast!! I have been so out of the loop that I didn't even know you guys went on that trip !

Anyway the pics are awsome, and I'm glad ya'll got to meet up and see TLKoB!! How awsome is that!! *weeeeeeeeeee*

and btw, you "all" look fine in the pics.. so

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah! I remember telling you about it Fuzzy but that was so long ago. (When you were in Medford!)

Anyways it was lots of fun and I even got tickets today for TLKoB in San Jose next February! Orchestra, 2nd row!!! The best seats I will see the show in so far!
    My Lion King Fan-Art