Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Simba Toy at McDonalds

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I remember in 1994, we went every Sunday for 1 month, boy, did my dad hated me

But back then, you couldn't buy the toys seperate. Now, whenever I want one, I just go inside, and buy the toy without any food.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I didn't think you can just go in and buy the toy without any food.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    They don't know weather I've already been in there (eating) so, *lol*

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    But still, I thought food had to be bought at the time of the purchase as the toy. But well maybe not! I guess I'll see.

I called the three McDonalds in this city that my mom lives in. Still no Simba yet. All three McDonalds had different toys. The first one I called, I asked them how often their toys change. I did not understand her answer, it was frustering. She was talking about numbers and boxes. I don't think she understood English very well. But I will call again soon.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Maybe the restaurants over here aren't that strict on it, or something.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I want that!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't buy the happy meals anymore either. I just buy the toys. Even if you don't buy food, you're still buying something from them and that's all they care about.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone how much they are to buy separate??

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sharifu
    The toy I think was $1.89... It was that or around that price, from what I remember when I asked today.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by HasiraKali
    I don't buy the happy meals anymore either. I just buy the toys. Even if you don't buy food, you're still buying something from them and that's all they care about.
    I don't buy Happy Meals either. I just usually buy a regular meal and then ask for the toy.

Maybe you guys are right. I just remember going to Burger King just to buy a toy, and they wouldn't let me unless I bought some food too.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just got that Simba today. I had to ask what toys they had after I ordered my meal, and they said that all they had left was Simba and Buzz Lightyear.
    Siggy pic made by Simba '04

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Aww lucky you! ^_^

I'll keep trying!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hopfully you get it too Sharifu ^__^
    Siggy pic made by Simba '04

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Man. And my dad and sister just went to Walmart that has a McDonalds. Maybe I'll call them tomorrow

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    what time should they get the simba?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by thelionkingfan
    what time should they get the simba?
    It depends on how big your city is really. They change their toys whenever then run out.

Yay! I got the Simba toy today!

It was weird how I got it though. My mom asked me if I wanted to go to McDonalds for lunch, which I thought was weird because she doesn?t like McDonalds much at all. So I called all four McDonalds in this city too see if they had the Simba toy. (Before I thought there were three McDonalds here, but there is actually four) Anyways, one of the McDonalds had Buzz Lighter, so I thought they would have Simba too. If they really are going in order, I believe Simba would be next. They also said they have some Stitches left. I asked them, ?You don?t have Simba?? And they said, ?No.? (All the other McDonalds didn?t have them either, but I didn?t ask them if they had Simba, they just told me what they had.) So my mom and I picked up my sister from school, and my mom asked my sister if she wanted to go to McDonalds. She didn?t really like the idea and wanted to eat somewhere else. I said I didn?t really care because they didn?t have the Simba toy. So as we?re driving we pass a McDonalds, then my sister said, ?Oh man, now I do want McDonalds!? So we turn around and go in. We order our meal and I felt like asking them what toy they had, even though I called them before. But I thought to myself, why would I need to ask them now when they said they didn?t have Simba when I called them on the phone? But anyways after we ordered and was waiting for our meal I looked over the counter and saw the bin of toys and they looked like Simba to me. I called my sister over and asked her, ?Don?t those toys look like Simba to you?? And my sister said, ?Yeah.? So I go in line again and ask them, ?Are those toys Simba?? And the girl looks at them and says, ?I think so.? XD Anyways I could tell they were Simba and I asked how much they were. Only $1.25! A lot cheaper then the toys being sold near my dad?s house in California, plus there is no sales tax in Oregon. This is the McDonalds I called, and the only one I asked, ?No Simba?? And they said no! I almost didn?t get the toy numerous times today, because when I called them they said they didn?t have the Simba toy. (They almost missed out on making a profit today from my family eating lunch there and me buying a couple of toys) Sometimes I think it?s just better to go to the McDonald?s yourself, because I?ve had this problem before in the past with calling them and asking what kind of toys they have. It?s really annoying. (Not just McDonalds, but Burger King too)

Anyways I got a couple and opened one of them. The Simba is so cute, I love the pose, it?s like he?s ready to pounce. I don?t really care too much for the stand and the card, but I just like the Simba, it can stand on it?s own without the Mickey Mouse head shaped stand. I think I will put in my car on the dash board or something. I just wish they made his ear?s black like they are supposed to be! But oh well.

Anyways I am offering to get a Simba for anyone who wants one (or more then one) if they pay me back! That McDonalds had a bunch of them and it?s only $1.25. I could go back tomorrow. I am pretty sure international McDonalds out of the US don?t have these toys, so I would be willing to get some for anyone who wants one. (Even if you live in the US too) XD
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey that's awesome Sharifu! I should start calling around the McD's in my area too to see if Simba has arrived yet.

Nice story!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Oh yeah, another thing to add to the story. As I was talking to my mom and sister while we were eating, I said, "Hey! They're playing The Circle of Life!" (The Elton John version.) Then my sister said, "Oh brother Audra!"
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Anyways I am offering to get a Simba for anyone who wants one (or more then one) if they pay me back! That McDonalds had a bunch of them and it?s only $1.25. I could go back tomorrow. I am pretty sure international McDonalds out of the US don?t have these toys, so I would be willing to get some for anyone who wants one. (Even if you live in the US too) XD"

I would love you?

I'm avoiding walking into a McDonalds at all costs - I used to love eating there but I'm trying to diet and lose weight, and I know that if I went in I'd get food too. X.x

But if you could buy me two and I'll pay for the both of them plus a little extra for you and shipping, I'd appreciate it greatly. ( Two so I can open one and play with it. XD )

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'd love one ...

But don't know if I could go to the bank for just 5 $, think they would laugh at me, haha *lol*

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu