Thanks Thanks:  6
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Community Advice Thread

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm sorry to hear that, Fendi.

And I'm sorry for cutting you off that quickly yesterday on steam. It's just that it was my husband's birthday (who works abroad) and we met together online with a few friends to celebrate.
    It's so sad to read how you'r suffering. You're right: You're really good at hiding things because I've always thought of you as a very optimistic person. I hope and pray that you'll eventually get better and get rid of those drugs, but I'm glad you've already quit smoking weed. I'm glad you've got some people you can talk to (or so it seems) and I wish you all the best!
    Oh and it's great that you found the courage to talk to a doctor. Sometimes it's great to have somebody you can talk to. Be it a professional or a friend. I wish you all the best!

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you.

I didn't found any courage to the doctor, I was forced by my father in 2005 and I had to go to the psychiatrist on 2008 because I was anorexic. The surgeon suspected something worst than just a colon problem or physical problem.

I tried to be optimistic as possible right now, with personal problem and close relative and friends attitude I am trying not to be like them, I remember being teased by my siblings that I was different and I am glad I'm embraced it.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I see. But even if your father "gave you the little push you needed" you still made the decision to work with the doctor. Otherwise you'd probably still suffer from anorexia. You know, if somebody really refuses the therapies don't work. But as far as I can tell, you've opened that door and that also takes courage.

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Actually, my father used to be an ***. My mother have been preaching this when she divorced him, The problem with him is that he was always blame his kids over the mishap that happened to him. he thinks that I hate him because I have a mood swing aiming at him, actually I hate him because he didn't want to admit that he's wrong and being a delusional bad father. during my teenage years, goddamn he doesn't know how to be a good dad at all. I'm still bitter with every male uncles treat me like an adult instead of treat me as respect as a teenagers.

so my teenage years was a **** show, that's why I set refuge on this forum just to talk to someone who have the same age as mine.

I don't want to be anorexic, my chemicals was unbalanced on september and my appetite lose greatly for 4 months, but I have to give my thanks to my surgeon that I should seek out psychiatric help after the operation, I did not refuses any therapies, it just someone noticed the problem of my mental health during the end of the pain.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I don't really need advice, just a place to rant a little, haha

Maybe we need to bring the "chit-chat" thread back.

Looking back, almost 4 years ago when I ended up in the ER with a severe panic attack, being so scared after it I couldn't even leave the house.
    Started to manage to again with medication, because I didn't want this thing to beat me.
    Depression in my teens, which is still an on-going thing aswell.

When I moved last March, there was a moment I didn't think I'd make it, being on my own for the very first time (I've been away from home basically since I was 19, but mostly lived together with someone, being really on my own, just a tad different).
    Finally getting away from Kenny, his family and friends who did nothing but hurt me and ignore me, was obviously the best thing that could have happened to me, as all of them were huge factors for me feeling so bad, and triggers for my anxiety.
    You shouldn't keep trying to get things right ... I definatly learned that.

I've started to surround myself with people who I know care a lot more about me, who make me laugh, who even invite me to come over, and come along with them to places and have loads of fun!
    It's still hard at times, especially weekends, I miss my cat so much.
    But coming from a life where I needed to take medication to go grocery shopping, and to go to work, to now, where I haven't taken medication for a little over a year, going places without medication (only big trips, like Disneyland Paris or the UK, or when I know I'll be meeting new people).
    And starting to feel good again about myself, because the people I have around me now, actually have nice things to say about me, which was a rare thing in the past 15-20 years.

I'll always have to carry my medication with me, but not having to actually use it, is huge.

Very slowly, but I feel I'm getting there, to the right place where I should have been all along
    And me actually saying all this myself ... *that* is a big thing!

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    That's great to hear, Nathalie! I'm so happy for you

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks Kanu it was about time for things to be looking up ^^

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That post made me smile so much today. I'm really happy for you, Nathalie

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Aww, that's sweet Leor

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do I need help?
    ~ЖΔЖ~

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XoX View Post

Do I need help?
    No, you seem to be doing quite well with posting on your own.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    ^ What he said I'm liking it a lot, personally

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post
    ^ What he said I'm liking it a lot, personally

I'll make sure to keep ̶s̶p̶a̶m̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ posting quality content, just to make you happy
    ~ЖΔЖ~

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Has anyone ever had a sleep paralysis?

I've had 2 before about 10 years ago, and recovered from it within 2 weeks.
    I've had another one last October, and I basically haven't slept since then. I'm exhausted. I fall asleep about 4am, until then I just lie awake being scared.
    I'm perfectly fine when I'm at my parents for the weekend, but I can't always go there as they'll start asking questions to why I'm there so much, and they won't understand.
    There's no one in my appartment, no one can come in here, building is secure, I live above a bank. Yet, I keep thinking with every noise I hear someone is inside, because hen you experience sleep paralysis, someone is inside and touching you. So I just lie awake for hours.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That sounds really scary Nathalie...

I haven't had any similar experiences, so I can't offer any advice on the matter, but I really really hope it isn't bothering you now and that it won't bother you again...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks.

It's still bothering me. This happened beginning of October, and up until now I still don't sleep. I fall asleep about 4am eventually because I'm exhausted, and wake up between 7-8 again, and when I try to get some more sleep I'm just awake because it's daytime.

I've already had to change some appointments I've had in the past 2 months, by saying I overslept (which isn't really a lie), or I did had to lie and just say I missed my bus so I'll be an hour later, all because I just needed to try and get an extra hour of sleep. So it's really getting out of hand

I'm completely drained, black under my eyes.
    For the past 3 nights I've been falling asleep with my mp3 player on next to me, so I can focus on the music, which seems to help, but I keep waking up like every hour, and then by the time it's 4-5 am again, I'm so exhausted I finally fall asleep for a few hours.
    All this, still with the lights on *sigh*.
    I try to think of things, places I've been, remembering concerts etc, but the thought of someone being inside just won't go away.

Right now, I'm 34 years old, and afraid of the dark!
    I was never afraid of the dark, I never needed lights on to fall asleep, I need my room to be pitchblack. But for the past 3 months, as soon as I turn of the lights, I get anxiety attacks *sigh*

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu