Thanks Thanks:  11
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: It Made My Day (post your happy here)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That's awesome, Nit!
    Here they're putting Classic Disney movies at the cinema every weekend on March and beginning of April. I went to see Fantasia last week, it was truly amazing

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Here, precisely at Cinemark cinemas, every weekend they choose a Disney movie and show it in the cinema by a special price. Unfortunately, tlk never made it, I would like to see it again in 3D

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I was named Teacher of the Week for next week. It's not a huge deal, but it's nice to be appreciated.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice going HasiraKali That's awesome.

A very small win for me today, finally found my TLK CDs in one of my unpacked boxes. Listening to the Legacy Collection soundtrack now. So beautiful =)
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    A friend visited yesterday, and she got me 2 foreign Fanta's, she knows me too well, lol.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I finally opened up my TLK box from when I packed it all up before the move in August last year. I didn't take much out, but it was really nice to go through. Plus now it's super nice to have all my ceramic figures out in the display shelf where they should be. It's nice to be able to look over at them.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    TLK box, as in 'a box'?
    When I get home ill show what I had to move tlk-wise, lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, just a single box However, there were several things that didn't fit in the box, mugs, clothing and some plushies. Speaking of which I'm yet to find my Shenzi plush, or the Simba plush that Audra gave me, they're around somewhere. While I only have one box of TLK things, I am hoping to remedy that one day, haha. I haven't really had the money to buy anything TLK in a number of years. I really want to complete and expand on my collection of ceramic/china figures. I have a bunch of plastic figures too, but I'm not sure I want to hold on to them. I also really want to collect the WDCC figures, they're probably my dream figures.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    There's I think still 10 boxes at my parents home.
    But these I have with me now.
    Hard to imagine it holds about 800 items.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So many things! Is that the 1000 piece Simba and Mufasa puzzle on the top of the pile on the right? That's one of my must haves (eventually )

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yes! I also have 2.
    Someone wanted one, a friend went to WDW, picked one up, but added tax to get it back to Belgium (she declares things because she brings stuff for other people on her trips), and made it quite expensive.
    And then the person wanting it backed out.

So will be trying eBay with it to get the amount back it really costed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Had some wine on a cold Sunday and binged watched Lion Guard cartoons. It has been glorious, and I apologize in advance because the combo creates a burning need to spam the episode discussions.
    Last edited by cleargreenwater; April 10th, 2016 at 11:43 PM.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Some people at work found an Eclectus Parrot today. They didn't know what it was so showed me photos. I told them it was an escaped pet so went and found it and caught it. It's now home in a temporary cage and has been chowing down on the entire fresh fruit and veg contents of my fridge for the last 2 and 1/2 hours. Really beautiful bird, seems very hand tame. I've already spent $16 on it, no idea how long I'll have it for. Have posted on lost and found pet sites so just waiting to see if anybody comes forward. Secretly hoping they don't

Will post pics when I'm done being paranoid about internet stalkers finding out the gender/colour of the bird to claim it as their own. They're a pretty valuable hand-tame parrot so being cautious with that. Very cool though and I'm lucky to have had supplies to assemble a temporary cage, and some rabbit toys from the bird section which are hanging up as well. I think it was lost for a while because as soon as it was in the cage it drank a whole lot of water, and spent an hour non-stop eating the capsicum and apple from the bowl.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What an interesting find. I remember seeing a eclectus at a petshop once a long time ago. It was a male and he was beautiful.

Today I found a hair bow that is perfect for my Disney World birthday outfit. It's navy blue and has tiny silver and gold diamond cut studs on it. They look a little like stars. I'm going to add a bit to it, but it looks pretty good as it to be honest. Very pleased about that.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes they are a stunning bird, this one has a few feathers missing, mostly around the neck area which I'm assuming it either plucked before or during it's escape due to stress. I haven't noticed much plucking and there is grey fuzz, not just bald skin so I'm thinking with good food and a safe and stimulating environment they'll grow back. No one has claimed the bird yet either, which does secretly make me happy. We did have one person over two days ago to double-check if it was his bird but it wasn't, and haven't heard from anyone else since then. Pat already came up with a name which I told him he was bad for doing, though it's still just "the bird" because I'm trying (and failing) not to get attached. I've been doing a tonne of research on Eclectus as well, which has been a lot of fun since I love learning about animals. Mostly diet and general care, and from that have been trying new veggies and things. Seems to like most things so far except for cucumber and silverbeet.

Seems to be settling in well though, is enjoying foraging from the eucalyptus branch I put in and peeling the bark from the branch perches. Has had a small test or two of the toys, but not much really. Yesterday afternoon it was a little bit chatty, made a few soft squawks and things, but no noise today. It's really very lucky it was found on Friday because since then the weather has turned cold, rainy and with very strong winds and wind gusts. I doubt it would have survived.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I went to an MLP convention in Kansas City last week and randomly met a member from TLKGO! Neither of us had any idea the other was at the convention but he saw my name tag and recognized it. We both kinda freaked out. It was Jasiem. He's a fairly new member, but still, it's one of those situations I used to play out in my head and it totally happened! lol

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    What a coincidence, that is so cool!

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My mom surprised me and my brother with a trip to rome! Im in the ancient district now, it's amazing to be here. Europe is different than I expected.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Wauw, that is so cool! Always wanted to go there, I should someday, it's only a 2-hour flight.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    My mom gave me my first trip outside South America. We will go to Portugal in December. Then we can decide to stay there or go somewhere else. I'm just afraid because I never went more than 3 hours non stop in a plane. From here to Europe is 8 hours! And when we came back, it will be via São Paulo... 11 hours! Oh...my...god!

Enviado de meu SM-G360BT usando Tapatalk