Thanks Thanks:  11
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: It Made My Day (post your happy here)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Ooooh, that is nice! And you won't even need to learn another language for that, kind of, hehe.
    Those 8 hours "fly" by ... loads of movies, series to watch on the plane.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    Ooooh, that is nice! And you won't even need to learn another language for that, kind of, hehe.
    Don't forget music, I was in a KLM flight from here to Jakarta and they have a good library of music, I spent one and a half hours in the flight listening to Dream Theater's Dramatic turns of Event.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    The Portuguese has a very strong accent, so, it's not so easy understand them, even tough the language is the same...

Well now I'm worried in getting enough money to survive ten days in Europe, because this stupid conversion rate of 4 Brazilian Reais to 1 euro indeed make things hard...

Anyway, it's always good to travel

Enviado de meu SM-G130BT usando Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I collected pine cones today. Made me feel like a kid again
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoPE View Post
    The Portuguese has a very strong accent, so, it's not so easy understand them, even tough the language is the same...

Well now I'm worried in getting enough money to survive ten days in Europe, because this stupid conversion rate of 4 Brazilian Reais to 1 euro indeed make things hard...

Anyway, it's always good to travel

Enviado de meu SM-G130BT usando Tapatalk
    I've never been to Portugal, so can't say if it's an expensive country or not. I don't really think so though, apart from the real tourist places, which is always more expensive everywhere in Europe.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm happy my Orlando friends are safe.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I found a new musical artist, so now I've got a plethora of new songs to listen to!
    Considering I listen to music most of the time, it'll be nice to have something else to listen to for once!

Also, I went to Walmart and got a 'bunch' of M&M-related things for the yellow M&M thread. It might not sound exciting, but being a little obsessed with food, I'm super happy ^-^

Also also, I ended up getting Taco Bell tonight, which is pretty great as they've just come out with a couple of new things

And lastly, I found a good charger for my laptop, so it no longer takes 24 hours to charge!

I've got plenty of happies to share
    ~ЖΔЖ~

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Vanity or not, I am really quite proud that one of my drawings is currently #1 in the "Top Rated Recent Uploads" on TLKFAA and another one is also in the top 10. For me it feels like an achievement, considering all the years I've been on the site. Little 13-year-old me working so hard to be recognised, and in the end I actually got there. It feels good. It does. It also feels a bit vain. But I want to allow myself this, just once.

Moving on! Something slightly more impressive also happened today - I finally signed the final papers for my new flat I am moving in three weeeeks!

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That is so awesome, congrats Kanu! and yeah, you allow yourself this, you deserve it ^^
    *Looks at the #1 spot with hopeful smile* ...One day, Leor, one day.

And good luck with the moving too, it certainly must be exciting

As for me, I haven't exactly been having a good week, I've been feeling rather depressed lately for personal reasons. But this morning a patient I treated this past week (a 78 year old lady) called me to say thank you because she had been recovering well and feeling much better. She sounded joyful, said "God bless you" to me, and told me she would recommend me to her friends. These are the kind of little things that make me love what I do, and thus make me feel so appreciated. I'm feeling much better today

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post
    and in the end I actually got there. It feels good. It does. It also feels a bit vain. But I want to allow myself this, just once.
    I don't think you should feel like it's vain -- you've put some effort into something and it finally paid off! That's something to be proud about

Quote Originally Posted by Leorgathar View Post
    These are the kind of little things that make me love what I do, and thus make me feel so appreciated. I'm feeling much better today
    Sounds awesome. Good days at work are always great for morale =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That is so awesome, congrats Kanu! and yeah, you allow yourself this, you deserve it ^^
    *Looks at the #1 spot with hopeful smile* ...One day, Leor, one day.

And good luck with the moving too, it certainly must be exciting

As for me, I haven't exactly been having a good week, I've been feeling rather depressed lately for personal reasons. But this morning a patient I treated this past week (a 78 year old lady) called me to say thank you because she had been recovering well and feeling much better. She sounded joyful, said "God bless you" to me, and told me she would recommend me to her friends. These are the kind of little things that make me love what I do, and thus make me feel so appreciated. I'm feeling much better today
    That's the most adorable story I've read in a while!
    Old people can be so cute :3

Also, I hope you'll feel better soon!

@KanuTGL Good job with getting there, I'm happy for you!

My happy is that I went out with a recently made friend, and we ate chinese and watched a movie
    Also, I discovered that the forum works on my Vita, so I can comfortably post while waiting to get a new phone ^-^
    ~ЖΔЖ~

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Finally, my doctor called and told me he'd finally write me a proper statement. For weeks I've tried to contact her in vain, but now everything has been resolved!
    The problem is that I've hurt my ankle when I fell during one of our field trips at school about 3 weeks ago. Now the problem is, when you are a teacher in Germany and you work as a tenured German civil servant (That's possible over here but not for all teachers since you have to meet certain requirements), things get really complicated with accidents during work. My doctor had to write down that the accident wasn't my fault and that I've never had an accident involving that foot before. Oh and that the accident did indeed cause the distortion (D'uh!).
    However, when she gave me the statement, she didn't really address any of these issues and so I had to contact her again, because my insurance needs her statement. Contacting her proved rather difficult, but today she finally called back. Yay! Now I can finally get the paperwork done... Good old German paperwork... how I just LOVE bureaucracy :P

But hey that call kind fo made my day. Now I just have to wait for her statement to arrive.

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's awesome Kanu, really well done

I was always disappointed that I never made AotM, I know I faded out several years ago but I felt I had a really strong point with my art and just never got that recognition. But that's probably just me being bitter when there were other artists that I'd never heard of or thought I was better than who were getting it. Just a shame because it was always a big goal for me, as silly as that is, to become AotM back when the archive was really at it's strong point. Ahh well, times change I suppose. I keep thinking I want to draw again, but I just never pick up paper and pencil to do so.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I can understand you there, Azzy, becoming AotM is a goal of mine as well (or at least see my art among the Top Rated Recent Uploads). But AotM is more based on popularity rather than how good an artist may be, so I guess it's a matter of becoming more prominent in the TLKFAA community. But even then I also think the system is kinda broken, the current AotM has been in the position since May Maybe there needs to be some kind of reminder to cast your vote from time to time? I don't think there's enough people voting xP

Now to be back on topic, I'm still not having real good days, but yesterday while I was out playing Pokemon Go at the park, I befriended a dog that's been living around there. It's really cute and kept me some good company for that while. I think it's homeless, as there doesn't seem to be anyone looking for it, and it doesn't have a collar or anything indicating it has an owner. Maybe I would adopt it if I could (right now there's no way I can). Hopefully I'll see it again today, I'll bring some treat with me just in case

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can understand you there, Azzy, becoming AotM is a goal of mine as well (or at least see my art among the Top Rated Recent Uploads). But AotM is more based on popularity rather than how good an artist may be, so I guess it's a matter of becoming more prominent in the TLKFAA community. But even then I also think the system is kinda broken, the current AotM has been in the position since May Maybe there needs to be some kind of reminder to cast your vote from time to time? I don't think there's enough people voting xP

Now to be back on topic, I'm still not having real good days, but yesterday while I was out playing Pokemon Go at the park, I befriended a dog that's been living around there. It's really cute and kept me some good company for that while. I think it's homeless, as there doesn't seem to be anyone looking for it, and it doesn't have a collar or anything indicating it has an owner. Maybe I would adopt it if I could (right now there's no way I can). Hopefully I'll see it again today, I'll bring some treat with me just in case
    That's adorable!
    If the doggie still there whenever you decide to adopt it, run by the vet to make sure they're not microchipped. It'd be unlikely, but my vet checked it for free, and I don't think it would feel great to have stolen someone's dog

But, it's always nice to befriend random dogs and cats!
    Someone at the end of my street has a bunch of kittens, and if you pet one, all 8-or-so of 'em come running and purring and all that. It's insane

But, more on-topic; I started my day off with getting Taco Bell.
    I literally got everything on their breakfast menu
    I've got two things left over: some random burrito with god-knows-what in it, and a bacon crunchwrap.

So, in short, Taco Bell made my day <3
    ~ЖΔЖ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm just freaking excited because all of my hardwork for 4 days I just paid back, I was working for 4 days and I have 5 days goal on Uber. Glad I was unstoppable today so I could earn a rest on weekend and having enough money to pay the traffic ticket.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was my last day of work before going on vacation for a week! Yay leaving the office! Yay going somewhere!
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I am happy today because I haven't had a headache for the first time in two weeks. I had a little bit of a dizzy spell, but that was just because I was hungry and the PTA ladies were taking too long getting our dues taken care of so we could go eat.

Quote Originally Posted by XoX View Post
    But, more on-topic; I started my day off with getting Taco Bell.
    I literally got everything on their breakfast menu
    I've got two things left over: some random burrito with god-knows-what in it, and a bacon crunchwrap.

So, in short, Taco Bell made my day <3
    How do you still even have intestines?

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got a job at my college in the cafe (I'll be a cashier)! I start on Monday, and I couldn't be happier! <3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cleargreenwater View Post
    This was my last day of work before going on vacation for a week! Yay leaving the office! Yay going somewhere!
    Oooh, where are you headed?

Today my happy is coming home We spent the night at my sister's and after driving there yesterday (2.5 hour drive) and being completely swamped by my nephews and niece for every waking moment, and then driving 2.5 hours home today, I'm completely buggered and so happy to be home where it's peaceful and cosy