Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Lion King 3d Hype!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Lion King 3d Hype!

Since The Lion King will be return this year with special edition and 3D movies! We should promote this site and prepare for the new fans of The Lion King. Guess it is our time again, a wonderful heyday like in 2004-2007. =)
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That is quite a stretch.. I would rather say 2003-2005 of course we had people join after but it wasn't that steady flow.

Anyways.. it's kind of interesting to see how many people 3D edition and bluray actually effect on, after all the movie is already 17 years old so a lot of the kids who are going to see it now for the first time have been not even born or have been really young when the DVD even came out. Well let's hope it does start a third generation of fans and lets also hope it sparks disney to create some more cool looking TLK stuff XD

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Senior Member Wide Eyed Wanderer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Been saying it for ages... We need to get the site at the top of the Google results, and make sure we're ready for all the new members!
    ---< Stop Whispering And Start Shouting >---

Team Night Sky Blue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And that's what I've been wondering, how does one get Lea to the top of google searches?

I couldn't care about the 3D, but I'm dying to see the movie in theatres again. Can't wait. And I too am interested in what sort of merch will come of it.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    OMG merch!

I'll look into the Google thing this weekend. For sure once I get back from Florida, I'll be able to do some more promotion.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I am actually looking forward to seeing TLK in 3D. This will be the first 2D animated film to be released in 3D, and I'm curious to see the kind of depth the 3D will give it. But I am very glad it will be released in the theaters too. I don't have a 3D TV yet and I don't think I would of been able to see TLK in 3D for a very long time if it wasn't re-released in theaters as well.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow I totally missed this, when and where is it being in theatres??

I had a website and somehow it got listed 1 or 2 in the google searches. I believe my advertising, joining fanlistings, affiliating, and listing in some web directories helped with the traffic. So perhaps, that could help Lea?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    In the U.S., It will be released in theaters on September 16 for a limited time. The Blu-ray will come out October 4.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Affiliation give a little help on promoting unless you make a thread that caught people's attention to it!

My opinion? I really think the page will speak itself after the announcement and the traffic steadily increase this year. =)
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadiki View Post
    Well let's hope it does start a third generation of fans and lets also hope it sparks disney to create some more cool looking TLK stuff XD
    Now that'd be awesome. If only my bank account would allow it.

TLK is going to look awesome in 3D. No doubt about that, even if 3D isn't everyone's favourite. I'm glad they're releasing TLK in cinemas, for the reasons Audra said, and also for the fact that while it will allow us older generations to see it again, it will also allow newer generations to see it too, so maybe that could help with our fan numbers.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm actually excited for the 3D theater release! When I saw it advertised on t.v., I literally grinned like this:

This is going to be freakin' EPIC. Especially with the theater's surround sound system! I didn't get a chance to see this movie in theaters back in the 90's, so, hopefully, I'll get my chance this time!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerane View Post
    And that's what I've been wondering, how does one get Lea to the top of google searches?
    I added "lion king blu ray" to the meta search keywords imbedded into every page, the meta description now reads, "A forum dedicated to Disney's animated movie, The Lion King, run by fans. Celebrate the Lion King Blu Ray release!", and the page title now displays as "Lea Halalela Lion King Forum". Hopefully that helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Haha, your post is exactly what I am thinking Vidan.

Indeed IMO this helps better by promoting the site by put important headlines of the forum and the site!
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone contacted Brian Tiemann about getting the link for Lea updated? The link currently points to the old .net address.
    http://www.lionking.org/interactive.html

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^Wicked, I haven't done that yet, dunno about anyone else. Last time he was pretty efficient about changing it so he may not have been e-mailed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidan View Post
    I added "lion king blu ray" to the meta search keywords imbedded into every page, the meta description now reads, "A forum dedicated to Disney's animated movie, The Lion King, run by fans. Celebrate the Lion King Blu Ray release!", and the page title now displays as "Lea Halalela Lion King Forum". Hopefully that helps.
    This is perhaps getting a little off-topic, but this is what I get when I search for the page title, I can't help but notice that my thread titled 'Lea Halalela' on My Lion King Forum is the first result, at least it links to that thread If you don't include Lea Halalela however, you don't seem to get much. The title that gets listed in the google search... "Forum - Lea Halalela" would it help if that got changed to "Lion King Forum -Lea Halalela" Can it be changed?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think we may still have to wait for the Google spiders to notice the changes. When this happens the title of the forum should show up as "Lea Halalela Lion King Forum" with any web search, and hopefully will be on the first page of search results for just the words "lion king forum".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    *sets out spider bait* What do Google spiders eat anyway?

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HasiraKali View Post
    I will take the silk for decoration, make and produce my own shirt.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Senior Member Wide Eyed Wanderer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HasiraKali View Post
    Money.

---< Stop Whispering And Start Shouting >---

Team Night Sky Blue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidan View Post
    I think we may still have to wait for the Google spiders to notice the changes. When this happens the title of the forum should show up as "Lea Halalela Lion King Forum" with any web search, and hopefully will be on the first page of search results for just the words "lion king forum".
    Fantastic! I tested out the search today and found us on page 4! That's a HUGE improvement from me browsing 16 or so pages of results previously and not finding us. Is my belief correct that if we google search lion king forum and go to the lea link and browse a few pages, it will eventually increase our ranking due to the number of people using that link from the search results?