Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Simba's Pride thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Simba's Pride thread

Originally posted by Melody of Scar
    <

And I still believe that Zira commited suicide despite what's being said. I would if I were in her position. My pride turned on me, my kids turned on me, I'm dangling from a rock with some prissy princess standing above me trying to make a name for herself, and all that stands between being reunited with my mate and living is a river - psh, if I can't reach the paw and take her with me I'm goin' for the afterlife.
    agreed!

thanks for the comments everyone , but don't expect any fanfic from me . I stink at it

maybe Zira was smiling because she likes swimming? there's no swimming pools in the outlands.

also what if the gorge wasn't flooded when Zira fell... *splat!*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I also think it's suicide, it's the only thing Zira would do.. I can imagine her rather dying than accepting Kiara's help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why would she bother grabbing onto the rock then. Why bother with a struggle when she can just let go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Simba's Pride thread

Originally posted by starlioness
    agreed!

thanks for the comments everyone , but don't expect any fanfic from me . I stink at it

maybe Zira was smiling because she likes swimming? there's no swimming pools in the outlands.

also what if the gorge wasn't flooded when Zira fell... *splat!*
    Oooh that's it - she was excited because she was going for a jolly good swim in the gorge.

And eeeew.....splat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by simba2662
    Why would she bother grabbing onto the rock then. Why bother with a struggle when she can just let go.
    Well obviously, she wasn't planning on dying that way - she tried to grab at the rock at first, then realized she could only get up by grabbing Kiara.. so she let go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ill have to watch it again to see her facial expression. I just cant see Zira letting Simba win that easy, she hates him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And it was written in the script at first that Zira was going to commit suicide, but a line was cut, as it would have been too heavy for the kiddies. So they way I see it, she commits suicide, but the makers of the movie didn't want it to be too obvious because of the younger viewers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well if it was written in the script earlier, I cant argue with that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well there is a deleted scene, in which Zira says 'Never' or something to Kiara, and lets go of the rock.
    Click here
    There are deleted scenes from TLK2 there, but the writing is in Russian. You can download the deleted scene from there, doesn't take long to download. It's the 5th one down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have been to that site but havnt got to download them all yet, Thanx =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i've been on that site before apart from being in russian it is a great LK site! :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Nala The Lion
    i've been on that site before apart from being in russian it is a great LK site! :-)
    Yeah, that was where I downloaded all the tracks from the ROTPL CD. Thanks a lot for the link, Lucy. =)

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why hate 2?

I've noticed that alot of people here don't like TLK 2, Simba's pride very much. So, why don't you like it?

(Threads Merged)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't hate TLK 2 myself but here's a few things I don't like about it;

1) The characters don't have the same personalities like they do have in the original.

2) Zazu's voice isn't the same therefore his character wasn't played in the same way like it was in the original.

3) Both Nala and Simba's personalities changed; Simba became way too overprotective and strict whilst Nala became one of the background characters, (she didn't have many parts in the movie.) Sorta fits in with what I said in point number one.

4) Kiara should have a different personality altogether IMO.

Overall though, I liked SP and I don't have really anymore things to say about it.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was a poor attempt at matching the original if you ask me, I thought it was really dumbed down and had some really lame songs in (except My Lullaby) The characters annoyed me too, Simba was a paranoid and way too overprotective. Kiara, well I think I speak for the majority of this board when I say she's just plain irritating. Zira was a total psycho, the only decent character was Kovu. It was more of a kid's film than a family film.

That's my two cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I didn't really have an opinion on it until the influx of newer, younger TLK fans hit the Roleplaying groups.

Suffice it to say there was a definite increase in "Orphaned, angsty, bitter, Outlanders" and Kovu fanatics begging to hear their sob story.

I just feel that the second movie panders too readily to the angsty-preteen group of people. Along with the rational fans of the movie, those angry kids really gobble it up.

That, and there were no hyenas. At this point in my life I can honestly say they are the only reason I'd watch any TLK movie, personally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by jazonhyena
    I didn't really have an opinion on it until the influx of newer, younger TLK fans hit the Roleplaying groups.

Suffice it to say there was a definite increase in "Orphaned, angsty, bitter, Outlanders" and Kovu fanatics begging to hear their sob story.

I just feel that the second movie panders too readily to the angsty-preteen group of people. Along with the rational fans of the movie, those angry kids really gobble it up.
    Whoa, that's really deep, I kinda feel the same way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Although Simbas Pride could have been better, I still love the movie. I thought the songs were great accept for My Lullaby and Upendi which were very dissapointing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by jazonhyena
    I'm with him.

And besides that, it's the main characters (Kiara and Kovu) that really spiff me. I don't see how you can enjoy anything when you hate the protaganists.

Nuka and Vitani were okay. Everything else.. just.. no.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I must be an angsty kiddo!

Just to even the scales, I love SP *cower* More than TLK.

I think they did an exellecnt job on Simba's personality. It is very well justified, but obviously people just can't tolerate the changes.

Blame Scar, not the SP script writers XD