Thanks Thanks:  20
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lion King on Broadway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That is really a good set of TLKoB photos. I really diggin it. That should be on it's own thread.

When Nala graduate from Highschool with 2014 Class medal. From a Adult Nala to a full grown Broadway actress.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Stumbled on this site while looking for something completely different.

It's a site for schools performing the Kids and Jr productions of the show. It's actually pretty cool, even though you can only see the Introduction segments without a license. I looked at the license, and it's really freaking expensive It's a really cool thing though. If I ever decide to move to theater, we will definitely do this.

http://www.lionkingexperience.com/

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Its almost May!
    Any more news on the Mexican production? Merch, cd?

Its also in Basel now.
    The person I know who was in the UK touring company, has been in Basel now for a while to play there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hmm I haven't been aware of many news on the Mexican production, but I know who some of the cast members will be here are some of them:

Carlos Rivera will reprise his role as Simba from the Spanish production (he's Mexican, though)
    Fela Dominguez as Nala
    Jorge Lau as Mufasa (Not sure if I like him for the part xP but I'll wait and see)
    And Flavio Medina as Scar (I think he does have a Scar-ish look xD)

I also heard that the actress playing Rafiki is of South African origin, which I guess isn't uncommon in other productions, but I still find it kinda cool

I haven't seen anything related to merchandise, but hopefully I'll be able to go check it out myself sometime

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The French Rafiki didn't know 1 word of French and she got casted anyways, so I guess with the Rafiki part they focus on the voice the most.

And yes, keep an eye open for the merch! I need to know if there's a CD

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yes, so do I

I'm really curious if there'll be a mexican CD. That would be great!

@Nathalie: Many people of the German TLK-musical cast didn't know a German word either *gg*. There's a promotional CD with a few songs that has been released before the musical started in Hamburg and there you can hear clearly that they had some problems with the pronunciation. However, they greatly improved for the Musical CD. That must have been an awful lot of practise and I know that German can be pretty hard.

When the musical in Hamburg celebrated their 10 years anniversary, some other fans and I went backstage to give the cast a banner some of our fan-artists designed for them. They were really touched and as far as I know the banner still hangs somewhere in their canteen. Back then, we actually managed to talk to some of the artists/actors. Unfortuantely not all of them, but it was great anyways. It was a lot easier to do that a few years ago. Today, I think that has become quite hard. We soon found out that we had to speak either English or French so that we could understand each other I had to dig out my rusty French for Lungi (who has played Rafiki), but it somehow worked. What a funny experience XD

I'd love to see the Musical in Basel, Switzerland. I used to live near Basel a few years ago, but we had to move. Unfortuantely, they only play there until sometime in fall. That's too bad and I don't know if I'll be able to make it.

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Gino Emnes did an amazing job as Simba in Germany.
    Is Danny still Simba? He scares me ... Many Dutch performers have been in the German version aswell. The languages aren't that far apart.

I only "know" this person who plays Mufasa, because a friend of mine knows him.
    And she thought I actually saw him back in 2012, but she didn't know he was in the touring company, and I only see the show in London.
    She then told him I was in a bad shape and how much I love Lion King, 10 minutes later I'm talking to him on video chat, him ready for the show with make up on and all, it was so amazing!

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A CD merc should be good, I don't know if there's a South East Asia/New Zealand/Australia edition of Broadway cast soundtrack, or else I would know about it 3 years ago.

Gathering all of the Original Broadway Cast on every continent is a very good gift to enjoy on.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    No.
    As far as Asia goes, only Japan made a CD. China, Korea & Signapore never made one, and apart from Korea they were in English.
    Austrailia sold the regular original Broadway CD.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The Mexican version will premiere in may. Just for curiosity i looked for tickets for it, seems that there is no more tickets for entire month of may! Seems it will be a huge success as it were here in Brazil.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just read an interview with Carlos Rivera. He said he kept getting the Castilian Spanish and the Mexican Spanish all mixed up during rehearsals, or in other words, he got his lions crossed He contributed a lot in making the translation

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good chance I'll be seeing this for my third time in June Unconfirmed as yet, but very likely. Going to have crappy seats because I can't afford anything better, but will be so amazing to see it again.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Only 3 more weeks for my 3rd time in London with Adam!
    My sister-in-law decided she didn't want to see it, and I have to agree, even the crappiest seats in the last row all the way in the top are bloody expensive

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What sucks is that is there isn't even any in-between pricing here. It's $50, or $118 and then I think there's some super crazy ones right at the front. But I'll take the $50 seats thanks very much

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    They got like 4 different prices in London I think.
    Payed about 100 € for 5th row now. I think the most cheapest was about 70 €, very last row, upper balcony, that's just ridiculous.
    So I was like: let's add 30 € then for the 5th row.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, it's official. Pat and I will be seeing TLKoB in Melbourne in less than 5 weeks! I'm so excited.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yay! 5 weeks! That is pretty soon!

I just bought tickets for TLKoB for me, Petteri and our room mate. It's in San Jose, California and we're seeing it on September 25. So about 4 months away now...
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The show today was great in London!
    It has the Simba we had during the meetingin 2006, he's the main Simba now, he was just awesome!
    And Mufasa, we saw him in 2012 also, so amazing.

The new jokes were really great, even a Frozen & Ikea one.

I got the new plushie (that looks like the Simba thar Rafiki holds up), earbuds, the fleece blanket and a deluxe picture book from the London production.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So awesome that you and Adam got to see it today, I'd have loved to hear the new jokes, xD.Good to hear the cast hasn't changed much, I miss them, hehe.

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Without knowing it from each other, both me and Adam posted the Frozen joke last night on FB, lolz

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu