Thanks Thanks:  20
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Lion King on Broadway

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    They put one of those out every year. They're fantastic. Phantom and Les Mis used to do parodies like "12 Days of Phantom" and "12 Days of Christ-Miz", but everyone seems to be going more traditional and serious these days.

Wallace Smith (fifth Simba in my signature) is the second soloist on the Les Mis track.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Jonathan has announced that today will be his last performance.
    I'm so sad

He has been part of it since 2001 in London (so the beginning).
    Started as Simba understudy, worked up his way to lead Simba, and also was Simba in some other countries were it only played for a certain amount of time.

I'm going to miss him, he's my fave.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Aww that's sad to hear But I guess it's understandable. He surely had a good run

In brighter news, TLKoB in Mexico recently celebrated their first anniversary on May 4th, they made a special presentation for it
    The bad news is that our Simba here, Carlos Rivera, injured his leg today and won't be able to perform for a while ><

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    NOoooooooo! To both of those. Carlos is fantastic and so is Jonathan. As is the case with a lot of Simbas, maybe he'll back soon. I can't wait for a Simba to return to play Mufasa.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I probably posted it alreayd, but I'll post it again, it's so beautiful ... hehe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_7FpIr6qLU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-VqmsPXZ8I

It's amazing to have seen him in 2006 as an understudy, and then in 2015 + 2016 as lead, as you could just hear & see, how much he had grown in his performances.

And ... He's our age Amanda! I'm so jealous ... haha

And just something to fill our Simba needs ... Here's a few Simba's doing a song, haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kuZZkJsNA8

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This thread suddenly reminds me of the Simbas thread and website we did back in the day.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Haha, I still have it online http://moorhunhe.webs.com
    Last edited by nathalie; May 10th, 2016 at 02:17 PM.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Say hello to the new London Simba lead.

Great choice!

Now I *am* exhited again to see the show in London, haha!

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, he's great for the part, his voice and attitude is just priceless. I'm sure it will live up the expectation.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I really like this performance from the clip, you can see him putting emotion in it.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Nick Afoa is awesome. He's my avvie. He's also covered in Maori tattoos on his right arm and chest. I saw a clip from when he was in Australia showing how they cover them up.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Dutch Nala & Simba have been announced too.
    I have better hopes for Simba this time. Etienne was alright, he's on the cast album from back then, but his voice sounded a bit "cracked", and even though it sounded good (well, he had to be, otherwhise he wouldn't have made the lead), he would sing too strong at times when he shouldn't have.

Nala is very different also.
    I'm actually quite curious to hear them sing!

For the press conference in Holland a couple of days ago, cast from the UK & Spain actually came to Holland, including Jonathan, I didn't know Guy tweets about *anything*, but not when his this close to me ????????

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hey guys, I might finally be able to go see TLKoB in Mexico City next month

There's an art contest going on here where the first place will win a trip to Mexico and VIP tickets for the show, so of course I participated and submitted a drawing. I can't wait to see if my drawing gets to be a finalist (the theater will put the 5 best works in exhibition).

Buuut, in case I don't win anything, I'll still be going to Mexico City by the end of July anyway, so I could still take some time to go see it

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That's pretty cool! I hope you'll win. Also can't wait to see your entry.

The Shanghai production opened this week as well. They apparently added a monkey character to make it more relatable to the Chinese people. I couldn't find anything other than that about the character. I'd like to see it at least.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just submitted it to the art thread ^^
    It's highly unlikely that I'll win, it's a contest for all the country after all, but I had to give it a shot xD

I'm very curious about that new monkey character, and how will it fit in the story

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    That's cool Leor!

Keep us updated on merchandise haha

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just an update from the contest thing. I just got word from the results, and just as I expected my drawing didn't make it to the final round. I saw the winning entry and it's just a realistic portrait painting of Nala other entries I saw are just like that, I hardly had any chance when all the drawings are realistic portraits, and there I thought they said they would judge based on creativity. Oh well xP

At least I gave it a try, it was still a great experiment for learning how to paint with pastel, and I'm satisfied about that

I'll still go to Mexico City by the end of July, so I'm thinking about making some time to go check it out, although I might have a tighter schedule then. If not, I guess I could still at least go to the theater to buy some stuff

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Aww, that's too bad

But yes, you should just go to the merchandise stand, haha!
    Did that in London one time aswell, while the show had already started, I just asked if I was allowed to take a look at the merch.
    They told me as long as I didn't go through the doors, it'd be fine

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I really suggest you Emilio to make a space in your agenda for it, it really worth. I would love to see it in Spanish, the songs in the CD are great.

I hope you manage to go, I only had one opportunity to see it in 2 years, remember to get your ticket the soon as possible (here, there were a time that you could only get the ticket two months before the show date because all other exhibitions were full.).

Enviado de meu LG-D337 usando Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Here is the very first performance of the 2016 Dutch cast.

I'm not really impressed by the guy singing Simba. Maybe he'll sound better at the actual musical. And he kind of looks like a "show-man" to me, too much swang, lol.
    As for Nala, I'm finding her voice sounding a lot like Carolina, who was the 2004 cast.

https://www.facebook.com/AVROTROS.Mu...4475465591344/

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu