Thanks Thanks:  20

Thread: The Lion King on Broadway

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I watched the new show on Scheveningen with my boyfriend on the 26th of December. It was the first time that I watched the musical, so I was pretty impressed from the experience. The "Circle of life" sequence is still very sharp in my mind.

There was one thing I didn't enjoy though. We had the middle seats in the first row and we thought that that was going to be good. Turns out, it wasn't the best of ideas. I was 1 meter behind the conductor and could see the orchestra, which was cool, though a little distracting at the same time. The really annoying part was that it wasn't possible to see all of the stage, I missed about 2/4ths of it, if not more. I had a really good view of the actors when they came on the edge though.

As for changes, there was no "Morning report" and they removed the building up music from "Can you feel the love tonight".

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kossu View Post
    As for changes, there was no "Morning report" and they removed the building up music from "Can you feel the love tonight".
    This was done years ago on Broadway, and adapted into every country the musical is playing

It's such a shame that on the Facebook page of the Dutch musical, people scream to be the nr 1 musical fan, and then whine and complain about these pieces gone missing.
    If you're THE NR 1 MUSICAL FAN, how did you not know?

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    This was done years ago on Broadway, and adapted into every country the musical is playing
    Oh, I didn't know that. But then again, my only experience of the musical, prior to watching it this Christmas, was the CDs from the original cast, hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    It's such a shame that on the Facebook page of the Dutch musical, people scream to be the nr 1 musical fan, and then whine and complain about these pieces gone missing.
    If you're THE NR 1 MUSICAL FAN, how did you not know?
    Agreed. Some people love to exaggerate I guess.