Thanks Thanks:  20
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lion King on Broadway

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Mine arrived in Brazil quick as expected, now it's about 60 days for it arrive in my hands... How terrible.Attachment 816

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    My CD arrived yesterday. I haven't had a chance to listen yet, but I plan to this weekend. Thanks again, Leor!

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I finally got my CDs thanks to Leor and s-tlk. I can't wait to unwrap my CD, but I have to wait just a little bit longer so that I'll have a quie minute to listen to the music. But that's okay, I'm really looking forward to it
    And I'm also curious of "la bamba"

So thanks again for making this possible, Leor! And than you also for your little note. That was a really cute idea

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Instead of watching this movie we should have listened to the CD. ;-)

Is it just me, or is the "Be Prepared" version very short? Did they cut something out there in Mexico?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I can't answer, still not received mine

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yay! Great that you finally got it too, Kirauni my mission is complete
    No problem, I hope you enjoy it ^^

Quote Originally Posted by s-tlk View Post
    Is it just me, or is the "Be Prepared" version very short? Did they cut something out there in Mexico?
    Hmm really? I haven't noticed that. One song I noticed it's a bit shorter, though, is 'Can You Feel the Love Tonight', it seems that they cut the instrumental part in the middle (shame, since I quite liked it ><)

Speaking of Be Prepared, here's another bit of random info. In the Mexican version, the hyenas speak in a dialect only heard in Mexico City, which oftenly comes across as annoying for the rest of the country, they even mock it themselves as such for dubbing dumb/uneducated characters. We call them "chilangos", and in fact Mexico City is jokingly referred to as "Chilangolandia".
    Pumbaa speaks in this dialect as well

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I wish they'd do the whole show guys.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That is a very cool idea. I was always wondering what happens when they decide to stop the show. But with this we can at least watch it whenever we want. Maybe this is, in long terms, a preparation for this step.

I'm in NY next weekend and want to see the show again. Did they change/cut something in the last few years or it is still the same performance?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by s-tlk View Post
    Maybe this is, in long terms, a preparation for this step.
    Oh nooo, don't say it! Knife in the heart!
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Here's the full video

Best thing I've seen today <3 I loved the "on stage" cameras, especially the view from Pride Rock :P Gives you a hint at what it could be like to be in the show

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It's best viewed on a phone or tablet so you can get the whole 360 thing. You can look all the way around and up and down and oh it's so cool.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Very nice thing this video in 360°, I though that you needed to move your phone to see the whole thing, but actually you move it using your fingers. Very cool indeed.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leorgathar View Post
    Speaking of Be Prepared, here's another bit of random info. In the Mexican version, the hyenas speak in a dialect only heard in Mexico City, which oftenly comes across as annoying for the rest of the country, they even mock it themselves as such for dubbing dumb/uneducated characters. We call them "chilangos", and in fact Mexico City is jokingly referred to as "Chilangolandia".
    Pumbaa speaks in this dialect as well
    It seems that everywhere the show plays, they try to get local things to insert as funny jokes, here in Brazil it was not different, most of them at least works for entire country people, but some are very Paulista (people of São Paulo state, where the show played when it was here), when those was said, I just laughed because the people that laughed of it, but I didn't understood it.

Btw, I need to register that I received the CD that you sent to me last week, it took exactly 30 days to reach me, which is a very good speed of delivery to Brazilian standards. I loved it, even tough it also made me sad because we didn't got our own version...

Thanks Emilio.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yesterday evening I saw the musical in NY. It seems to me that it was way shorter than last time, but still very nice to watch (also the Friday evening traffic at the time square). Zazu sings now in the "little bounce" song "Let it go" from Frozen. xD
    And... I managed to make a picture with Sarabi. ^^

Ah, and they sell now an exclusive new Christmas CD with music from the cast. I bought it but I can oonly check it when I'm home. My laptop has no CD drive anymore. :-(

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    New Christmas CD? So not that same one they sold a few years ago?

Darn it ... will these CD's ever stop? Haha! It's hard to get them all when they keep producing new stuff, lolz.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    No it is not the same. I didn't listen to it yet, but it may contains the same songs. I will verify it when I'm home. It coasts 20 USD, which is quite a lot for a compilation like this, although they say all of the money goes as donations to different projects in Africa.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I swear, every time I see the show, it gets funnier!
    I've only seen it 4 times now (compared to others), and I find myself laughing louder and longer, and cracking into tears from laughter more and more every time I see it.

Adam almost didn't came out of his laugh at some point, when seeing it 3 days ago, haha!

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    @s-tlk you happen to have a picture of that Christmas CD? I haven't seen it anywhere online. Thought by now a picture here or there would have popped up.

Oh, starting in October, the musical is back in The Netherlands! It stopped in 2006 I believe.
    Auditions started a while ago, but I haven't read anything about a cast yet.
    Won't be hard to get better Simba's though. The ones they had in the days were OK, in my opinion, but not the best ones.
    Even though, Danny Yanga (remember him, the creepy smile, Amanda, haha), I think is still playing Simba in Germany (he played in Holland about 10-11 years ago).

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It's this one: http://broadwaycares.stores.yahoo.ne...rcu20vo15.html
    So far I didn't even unwrap it, but maybe next weekend.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Oh, it's not only by the Lion King cast, like that other CD was they once made for charity.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu