Thanks Thanks:  20
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: The Lion King on Broadway

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed this video, actually, I would love if they had done one of those with the Portuguese version but...

Enviado de meu Moto G (5) Plus usando Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    We're still pretending ... OK

I do like how they made a video espcially for this, haha.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    That duet was really nice Good find!

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rafiki 's click story/ Grassland Chants - OBC Broadway 1997

I'm wondering what are the words Rafiki says at the Click story part of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63In...oFm_Ju&index=1

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It looks like every place where the musical has a residency have brought out a special pin set, customized to the city it's at.

All sets have 4 pins.
    New York has a yellow cab with TLK on it.

London has a London bus, and an underground logo as part of it.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    We saw the show yesterday in London, and I have to say, it was quite dissapointing.
    I don't know if it's because of the British accent, though I've never experienced that before the 4 previous times I've seen it, but last night, it sounded like everyone was just rambling their lines, to make them squeeze in, in the time they had.

Especially the kids, they talked so fast, that I kept thinking to myself "breath, for crying out loud".

Nick Afoa as Simba was good, good voice, but my favorite will always be Jonathan. Understudy since 2001, lead Simba later on (and sadly moved on to other projects after more then 10 years).
    Nick has been Jonathan's replacement.

When Simba and Nala meet again, it didn't even take Simba half a second to say "Nala, is that you??" and I thought, could have at least waited another second, or stumbled a little.

It just all felt very rambled, cramped and jammed into the time they had.
    I don't remember it being like this the previous times.

The one change we noticed was, Timon actually did the hula!

Also, the "Let it go" that Zazu sings, please change it back to Supercalifragilisticexpialidosious, or something else.
    I'm so sick and fed up with anything Frozen, and that line has been in there ever since the movie came out. Time for a change again.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    For all UK people who plan to see the show on it's national tour as of/after April, they announced that Nick Afoa is leaving the West End, and will replace Dashaun Young as Simba on tour.
    No word on who will be replacing Nick at West End.

I asked Jonathan 2 days ago, he thinks he knows who, but technically not allowed to say anything, tsssssss

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    We saw the show yesterday in London, and I have to say, it was quite dissapointing.
    I don't know if it's because of the British accent, though I've never experienced that before the 4 previous times I've seen it, but last night, it sounded like everyone was just rambling their lines, to make them squeeze in, in the time they had.

Especially the kids, they talked so fast, that I kept thinking to myself "breath, for crying out loud".

Nick Afoa as Simba was good, good voice, but my favorite will always be Jonathan. Understudy since 2001, lead Simba later on (and sadly moved on to other projects after more then 10 years).
    Nick has been Jonathan's replacement.

When Simba and Nala meet again, it didn't even take Simba half a second to say "Nala, is that you??" and I thought, could have at least waited another second, or stumbled a little.

It just all felt very rambled, cramped and jammed into the time they had.
    I don't remember it being like this the previous times.

The one change we noticed was, Timon actually did the hula!

Also, the "Let it go" that Zazu sings, please change it back to Supercalifragilisticexpialidosious, or something else.
    I'm so sick and fed up with anything Frozen, and that line has been in there ever since the movie came out. Time for a change again.

Quoting my own post, WOOHOO! LOL

So, I still stand by that comment I made back in January 2019.

Adam has seen it again in January 2022, and I simply didn't feel the need to pay a lot of money (show and travel) for something I hadn't enjoyed at all anymore (the musical was also never really my thing, I mainly go for the songs/singing from the actors).
    The new Simba on West End sounds very good, there's a clip of him from West End live 2022 (or was it 2021? I forgot).

I did however, thought it might be a nice change to go and see it on tour.
    Now, every city they are doing now, is at least a 2 hour drive. On the bike, it's really not as fun as it sounds :s
    I was frozen when we got there, because, typical, sun was shining all week, but then goes away the day you need to travel for about 5 hours in total.

I checked Bristol, Manchester and Bradford tickets, and because it was quite last minute + we didn't had to sit next to each other, we managed to get amazing seats for only 22 £ each for April 27th!
    Row 4 (5th seat from the right) + row 5 (4th seat from the left).

I must say, there were so many scenes I simply forgot (that's how big of an impression the last time I saw it had on me).
    And, as you all know, I love my Simba's ... and this one, was great! Very soft voice. When he started "Endless night", I thought to myself "oooh, I can't see this going anywhere great". But, you had to look at him. His expressions, together with his singing, and his voice going up and stronger towards the end of the song, he was simply great!

The entire cast was amazing! The guy playing Mufasa has been doing it for years (not on the West End though).

The kids I always find are hit or miss. And I'm never really impressed with them in London :/ (sorry), but the 2 kids we had for this show now, again, great. I do think little Simba was singing lower then he should, but he wasn't out of tune or anything like that.

It wasn't just one big ramble, they all said their lines decent without "looking at the time, to make sure they finish on time" kind of thing, which is what I very much felt the last time I saw it.
    So I very much enjoyed this cast, and the show in total ^^

But, Frozen ... Please, LET IT GOOOOO *ugh*.

After, we managed to meet the Simba actor, such a sweetheart, and his girlfriend, she even went back inside to get us a pen so he could sign the program.

Bit of a shame, they didn't really have anything nice with the name of the city on it, apart from a large totebag.
    In London (and New York), you have the denim jacket with patches, and they come with a patch with the name of the city. Since Adam bought the jacket when he went to see it in January, we were hoping for a Bradford patch, but they didn't even had the jacket itself among the merchandise.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu