Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lion king 2 and lion king 1/2 isnt as gd as the origanal do you agree?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    it could be, but as the beggining, timon mentions its behind the scenes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That doesn't change the fact that's it's a parody.

I mean, haven't you ever seen fanfic that says "this is what really happened"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i dont think disney would spend loads of money just to make a parody, the reason why its really funny and mocks some of the original lion king scenes is becuase lion king 3 is aimed for smaller childeren so they do these things to make it funny for the children, thats my veiw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    why would Disney Spend money on anything then?

The point of tlk 1.5 was(as previously stated above) to poke fun at, even show the events of tlk in another point of view. It is true that 1.5 has a lack of drama (mufasa's death ect.) but including such a scene in a parody would make it alot less amusing.Tlk had an edge in drama with a side of comedy, where tlk 1.5 pushed it to the max in the comedy department. Ill end this statement by saying that comparing tlk and its predecessor tlk 1.5 is literaly comparing drama vs. comedy.

On a personal note, I favor tlk over tlk 1.5. Just because of the abundant drama and clashing, not to mention that it had more of a soundtrack to it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The point of tlk 1.5 was(as previously stated above) to poke fun at, even show the events of tlk in another point of view. It is true that 1.5 has a lack of drama (mufasa's death ect.) but including such a scene in a parody would make it alot less amusing.Tlk had an edge in drama with a side of comedy, where tlk 1.5 pushed it to the max in the comedy department. Ill end this statement by saying that comparing tlk and its predecessor tlk 1.5 is literaly comparing drama vs. comedy.
    your right i see wat u mean when u put it like that,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yep, I believe that's exactly what LK 1.5 was intended to be, Somby and Shoukai! I sure agree with you but I can also understand why people don't like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, it got alot of dissaproving clucks. I can understand that too ;-;. The thread is just highly opinionated, and everyone is entitled to make their opinion !

I guess you can say that i liked 1.5 for giving us a better image of adolescent simba. For the five minutes that it actually did =.=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    simba in the adolescent stages should of been extended.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am going to have to agree with this - adolescent Simba should have had a good portion of the middle so we could learn more about what happened there. I was excited when I first saw him, but then it was like "HAHAHA QUICK SCENE LOOK ADULT SIMBA111!!!" -.-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yep
    Another thing that puzzles me is, simba has care free days right, no hunting - animals, and he does nothing but just chill, meaning he has no fighting experience, so how can he beat scar or even have the nerve to when he hasnt even learnt any kills tactics or skill, if he had practiced to kill when he was in the jungle they should'nt of they shown this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    1 was better than 2 and 1/2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yup, i think most of us agree on that, thanks for your opinion, keep them coming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, IMO, the sequels are never as good as the originals. TLK 2, IMO, was actually pretty good and it had a decent storyline behind it. TLK 3 (1 1/2) I wasn't too keen on. It didn't really have a proper storyline either. However, it's still funny in some parts.

Originally posted by Melody of Scar
    I am going to have to agree with this - adolescent Simba should have had a good portion of the middle so we could learn more about what happened there. I was excited when I first saw him, but then it was like "HAHAHA QUICK SCENE LOOK ADULT SIMBA111!!!" -.-
    I agree there too. The story of adolescent Simba should have been much longer. I discussed this with my sister the other day and she said the same. It was too short.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The sequels aren't all bad. I am with Somby, I actually like TLK3 (or 1 1/2 whatever). But as a parody, nothing serious. I never used to like TLK2 but taking screenshots of the movie, I have noticed that the animation is still good, the colours seem better, sure adult Simba looks like a grizzly bear (IMO) it's still a good movie. It has grown quite a lot on me over the last few months actually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Lucy Lioness
    The sequels aren't all bad. I am with Somby, I actually like TLK3 (or 1 1/2 whatever). But as a parody, nothing serious. I never used to like TLK2 but taking screenshots of the movie, I have noticed that the animation is still good, the colours seem better, sure adult Simba looks like a grizzly bear (IMO) it's still a good movie. It has grown quite a lot on me over the last few months actually.
    Grizzly bear.

Still, the illustrations and animations of the characters don't really bother me although I do think Nala and Simba looked pretty weird. Kovu was really the highlight in that movie for me.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes a grizzly bear. Just the way Simba seems so darn huge! I know lions are huge, but he is super big. And his chin is enormous! And, yes Nala did look weird, but not as weird as Simba IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just to compare the adult Simba in both TLK and SP...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    See? Smexy Simba to grizzly Simba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Lucy Lioness
    See? Smexy Simba to grizzly Simba.
    Still, it could possibly be due to his age?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    talking of nala ealier on , in TLK 2 dont you think nala sounds different on her first few lines.