Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lion king 2 and lion king 1/2 isnt as gd as the origanal do you agree?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like I said, the magic of the original TLK cannot be recaptured in sequels the way the creators of SP and 1.5 thought.

Ofcourse, they had to make a movie only about Timon and Pumbaa. I'm sure they wanted to take one more crack at milking them for all their worth. In my opinion, this movie seemed to have made Timon look like a jerk, thus making him more and more disliked by the fandom. I still love Timon's character, but only from the original TLK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nothing beats TLK!
    I mean it was the first.. even though I like SP more than I did before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I totally agree about Timon! I don't know where I read or heard this but the directors were talking about including a scene where Timon disagreed to help Simba fight his kingdom back in the original movie. But they decided against it to leave Timon as loveable as possible! So when the directors of TLK 1 1/2 put that scene into the sequel they ruined the original idea of Timon's character!

But I still think TLK 1 1/2 is a very good movie (even better than SP in my opinion) because the concept was very original and it made me laugh a lot!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    TLK 1 is the best. I didn't like how they said that the animals bowed because Pumbaa farted . Not at all. No offense to anyone, this is just my opinion, but I hated TLK 1.5.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm No I disagree, I Liked TLK SP a lot better than TLK 1 because there wasnt as much love in the air in that movie Kovu and Kiara are my all time Favorite characters, Probably why I liked it, Plus Scar was in the other movie , bah i Hated Scar

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kovu The Lion
    Hmm No I disagree, I Liked TLK SP a lot better than TLK 1 because there wasnt as much love in the air in that movie Kovu and Kiara are my all time Favorite characters, Probably why I liked it, Plus Scar was in the other movie , bah i Hated Scar
    Woohoo! A Kiara fan!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kiara Serengeti
    Woohoo! A Kiara fan!
    Oh, so there is Kiara fans out there??? I didn't know ....

Well, I like all the three movies, sometimes I just like the first one and sometimes the second etc. Everyone have their periodes x) But I actually like TLK1 more, of course, it's the original movie, the best painted one, the best characters (except Zazu...) is there as well as the actors, lines and musics/songs. The story itself is way too good, I can't compare it with something, maybe 'cos it has a such a huge meaning for me, I don't know... Anyway, it's a new thing to think about what will happen when you die xP
    The story of TLK2 is also very good, maybe too much love, but I guess that's what the point was...uhm... But I still have a lot of questions around the movie that is really annoying and make me 'not understand' it really... And, a minus really is Kiara herself (somehow I think she's better when she's with Kovu, but her alone ... not exactly), she's just so disturbing in many ways I've already told you 10 times on Lea...xP And then Zazu is even worse in the movie, the painting is not very good and neither are the actors (not here anyway). But the music is okey, the two first ones could be a little boring sometimes though...
    Then we have TLK1? or 3, I have to admit I laughed to death through the whole movie the first time I saw it. I don't see anything wrong with having a TP movie, really, it's just fun.... since it's really my type of humour...As someone said... The scene where Simba grows up, the animal pyramide and Nalas incoming really is funny. And the songs ...well, not that good, I actually only like Digga Tunnah. And the animation itself... Not really as TLK1, but I guess the technical things gets better (or worse with other words). And the new characters is really funny, then esp. uncle Max and Ma...x) (thought that's the only ones, right?Oo) As well as the story... It's amazing the creators had it all working a long with TLK1. Maybe not what happened with the animals in the presentation, I just saw that as a funny thing, not something that actually happened... I also think they could have done more different animals, I just see zebras, giraffes and whatever-it-is ... It has to be more animals on the savannah...xP

Ok, talk about a long text, I'm surprised I wrote it (hope it make sense) 3am in the morning....xD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yer the only bits i like bout lion king 3 is where simba is growing up and how nala trips over in the love scene and the animals falling over in i cant wait to be king scene. i dont like the story of why the animals really bow to cub simba, loads of magic is lost. (i metioned this at the beginning of this thread".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, Its true that this question is Highly opinionated. Personally, my favorite is tlk2. Its probably because of simba's drastic character change as well as the reflection upon Shakespear's "Romeo and Juliet". Don't get me wrong...Tlk was also based upon Shakespear's work "Hamlet". Quality wise, the original was the best. In the tlk3, simba was off model in alot of the scenes , still a good movie however.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i dont think simba was a little bit off model, he was just growing up, and trying out new things. I do see what you mean about TLK and TLK 2 folowing along the lines of shakepears work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Simba is off model in TLK 1/2. It's not neccessarily the adolescent stages, but as an adult. The length of his mane going down his chest continually changes in the scenes of him as an adult. Maybe it's just me, but that can get really annoying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i see what u mean, just watched it ... again
    also in TLK 3 the animals in the circle of life scene act diffenrently than in TLK,

because as soon as rafiki holds up simba the animals start to celebrate.
    But in lion king 3 you see rafiki holding up simba in the background (timon mentions this "what is that he is holding up") and the animals dont even move they are just standing there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah... It's supposed to be part of that fart joke. It was meant to amuse the kiddies. I never like that gag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Without a doubt, the first is my absolute favorite. When I was younger, it was the most amazing animation I'd ever seen. I was a huge big cat fan, so I fell in love with all of the characters ( I was huge on Mufasa and Sarabi back then... ) and cried when Mufasa died and Simba reclaimed the throne.

Simba's Pride is a decent movie, and while it has grown on me it has come no where close to topping the original. A major problem is that it lacked a crying point. No part in that movie made me cry - not the exile, not Nuka's death, not Zira's death, not the ending when they all became one. It was funny, sure, and it's touching, but it lacked something bigger that the Lion King had - it wasn't quite as magikal to me.

And don't even get me started on Hakuna Matata. It was funny, sure, but it just wasn't good. It was full of overused and recycled jokes and mocked two of my favorite scenes of the original by adding in inappropriatly placed jokes ~ the presentation of Simba and the stampede.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    wa i didnt have to speak you have said it for me lol 100% agree with wat u said even though i mentioned this at the beginning , but u have put it in alot better words than i did i dont think people understood how i worded it , did u like the scar animation i gave ya.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by This land
    wa i didnt have to speak you have said it for me lol 100% agree with wat u said even though i mentioned this at the beginning , but u have put it in alot better words than i did i dont think people understood how i worded it , did u like the scar animation i gave ya.
    Thanks. ^_^; And I do like it, although I think I'll switch between NtL's banner and the gif... I dun like the off-centeredness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i see what u mean, if you have photobucket, make the scar .gif image smaller and put one on each side, that will center it or put a few spaces on the side you want evening out (havent tested it myself though) also if you put two scars on each side you have to make it smaller or else it wont fit and go onto the next line and will not look gd.
    anyway back to subject. :-)
    do u like any bits off TLK 3 ?, the only bit i like is when simba grows up with timon and pumba.
    hows bout u

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Some of TLK1.5 was good, don't get me wrong. It was a funny movie, even though most of it annoyed me to no end. I haven't seen it for a while so I don't remember which scenes I really enjoyed, so I need to watch it again ( obviously ). Digga Tunna was kinda fun, though. XD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    what gets on my nerves is that timon and pumba keep pausing the film and i dont think that was very gd, it can drag on a bit :grr:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think the point needs to be stressed that 1.5 is a parody, it's meant to make people laugh, and it's not what really happened. This isn't pointed towards anyone, just a general comment. ^_^;