Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lion king 2 and lion king 1/2 isnt as gd as the origanal do you agree?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lion king 2 and lion king 1/2 isnt as gd as the origanal do you agree?

:kovusmile
    Have you ever watched a sequal to a film and it isnt as good, i think this is the same thing as the lion king.
    wat do u think of the sequal's to TLK do u think they are better or worse than TLK.
    My opinion is that first watching lion king 2 i thought it wasnt as good as the first, but it has grown on me the more times i watch it and is pretty good.
    But i dont think lion king 1/2 will never be good no matter how many times i watch it, i think it looses the magic of the origanal TLK by how they explain that the reason why the animals bow at the begining of TLK is because pumba farted, i dont think that was gd, it looses the magic of the animals bowing to there future king when the sun shines on simba.
    The only thing i like about lion king 1/2 is how simba grows up ,nala trips over, and animals topple over in i cant wait to be king them bits are really good but besides that i was not that impressed.
    What do you think of the sequals to TLK???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    sorry i have noticed i have put this in the wrong area sorry

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    *moved*

I think there are already topics on this, I know you are new, but you might wanna check "Everything the light touches" first

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree with you "This Land". What's your real name btw? =)

EDIT: Saw it was Adam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    whats your favourite lion king , i take it its the first one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like The Lion King, the original movie. I also like Simba's Pride.

And after watching TLK 1.5/3: hakuna matata again last night.. I began to like it x)

Personally I loved Timon's Ma. Though I do watch lion King movies mainly for the lions.. Timon and Pumbaa are alright, I'm trying to like them more =P

I'm more of a drama person though, not comedy. However, Timon and Pumbaa do have there brief dramatic moments too.. bah, anyway, enough babbling(sp? O.o) from me.

The Lion King 1 was best, paws down x)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Ravoc
    And after watching TLK 1.5/3: hakuna matata again last night.. I began to like it x)
    woots!

To the question: I beg to differ I actually like TLK1.5 nearly, if not as much, as TLK.. horrorz!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lk1 is by far the best. Simbas pride is still great but I think the animation lets it down and as for 1.5 - well im not a huge fan at all. It grows on me a little but only when teen Simba is in it.

I really think Disney let themselves down with this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For me SP is far the best

I hardly watch the original and I'm yet to see the third.

But what is the defination here for "the best"? Quality-wise, TLK is the obvious winner, its got the biggest budget.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, "the best" is all a matter of opinion.

besides - I don't think anyone here has the right to call SP's animation bad.. nobody here spent the time and process doing it. The animation's not exactly the same as TLK's, maybe - but bad?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I look at TLK 1.2/3 as an hour and a half long T&P episode. I'm into comedy and I admit, I couldn't stop laughing at a few parts. It's just the potty humor, especially in the Simba Presentation scene, is just too much.

I liked SP the most when it came out. Ofcourse, I was a little kid. Now I look at it and don't hold it high in my regards anymore. The original TLK characters were too off model and out of character. I have to say, though, I <3 Kovu. He's been my favorite as long as the movie existed. His personality and character depth seems so much different than the others. It makes him unique and that's what I like about him. I just try to block out the whole "Yeehaw" thing.*shudders*

Ofcourse, you can't really expect much from sequels, being them low budget and it's just not the same. TLK is a phenomenon to the animating industry and the world over. It's magic can and never will be recaptured in a sequel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    TLK is a phenomenon to the animating industry and the world over. It's magic can and never will be recaptured in a sequel. [/B]
    TLKs magic is only in SP for me personally, so yes, it can be recaptured in sequels

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Simba's Pride had an excellent story, but not enough development time.

Hakuna Matata had beautiful animation, enough to compare to the original even. It lacked in appealing tot he majority of the older fanbase though. it was mostly aimed directly at the crowds of children, and any fans of 'The Emperor's New Groove' (Which I am a fan of btw xD )

I still and will always think that the animation was poor in Simba's Pride. That's my basic opinion. I see it, and I know they could've done better when I compare it to the other two movies. They just needed more time.

1.5 just lacked a lion base, which appears to be the biggest complaint about the movie, including from me as well. I personally would've loved for Scar to at least have a word =/ (Then again, it's probably for the best, otherwise they might have gotten some other person besides Jeremy Irons to voice Scar and then I would have to kill Disney x) )

Off Topic: In The Lion King world for Kingdom hearts.. I wonder if Jeremy will voice Scar o.o

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really, really don't see the point in saying that TLK1.5 wasn't as good because it "didn't have enough lions". I say we complain about the lack of fueding stars in Star Wars, the the lack of hunchbacks in HoND. We get two movies full of lions, and have to complain when one of them doesn't give the felines more screentime. They didn't need more screentime. It's Timon and Pumbaa's movie, it wouldn't make sense to say, "Okay, now Timon did that, now cut to a scene with the lionesses in the den that has nothing to do with the plot! But it's okay, it has LIONS!"

Okay. End rant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It is based on Timon and Pumba and thats kinda why I dont like it as much.

Compared to TLK, Simbas pride animation is bad. It was produced alot further down the track where more technology was available and they took a backwards step.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The most disappointing part of the animation in Simba's Pride is the way fire is illustrated. It seems far more digital than the obviously handdrawn flames shown in TLK 1 and suggests a lack of effort in staying true to TLK style.

I enjoyed TLK 1.5 for the most part, but the crude humor used during the presentation of Simba was entirely unnecessary. To take one of the most majestic scenes from TLK 1 and so overtly befoul its meaning is outright offensive, even if done with the best of intentions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's the thing Somby, I didn't really want a Timon and Pumbaa movie x) I was kind of hoping for a inbetween-quel

Like what happened in the Jungle and the pridelands while Simba was gone and Scar was King. Showing Nala's growing up too, and the birth of the Outsiders, and them growing up as well. As well as Scar and Zira's relationship. It would've put to rest a lot of questions among TLK fans, it would've been a good movie too x)

However, i am thankful that we have one at all ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I didn't like TLK 1.5 because of Timon & Pumbaa. I can't connect to that humour at all.

I haven't seen TLK 2, but from what I've read of it (the script) and the scenes I've seen, I don't want to see it. It just looks like it would be half-hearted and quite frankly I don't care about Kiara or the future generations after Scar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Ravoc
    That's the thing Somby, I didn't really want a Timon and Pumbaa movie x) I was kind of hoping for a inbetween-quel

Like what happened in the Jungle and the pridelands while Simba was gone and Scar was King. Showing Nala's growing up too, and the birth of the Outsiders, and them growing up as well. As well as Scar and Zira's relationship. It would've put to rest a lot of questions among TLK fans, it would've been a good movie too x)

However, i am thankful that we have one at all ^^
    Yeah, but Disney wouldn't do that at all, and if they did - they'd probably make it absolutely terrible. They can't have Scar be abusive because it'd scare the kitties, so they'd turn him into a loving out-of-character wimp.. the same with Zira.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I think both movies (TLK 2 and #) are quite good movies, but, we can?t even do a "comparrassion" with the original, because the original one is simply amazing