Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Lion king 2 and lion king 1/2 isnt as gd as the origanal do you agree?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Simba didn't really look like Simba in SP, though his attitude was that of a typical father's. Nala was an airhead, and Timon and Pumbaa were retarded

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thats one way of putting it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I may have missed something in the previous posts, but I believe I am the first to say that I detest the first movie, I detest the second movie even more, and I fairly enjoyed the third movie.

1 and 1/2 comes alive to me for several reasons. First, a focus on Timon and several scenes with the hyenas. The only thing that could've made this better for me is if they'd left Simba out of it entirely and shot the whole thing in Timon's colony. Heck, it didn't even have to have a plot to keep me happy-- just show me hyenas and meerkats. Preferably interacting. Hopefully mayhem is involved.

Second, a total sense of irreverence to the first movie. I nearly imploded with joy when I saw them tear apart the "serious" scenes of the first movie. All in all, I'm only disappointed they didn't make light of the possibly most serious scene in the movie, although I suppose joking about Mufasa's death would be going a bit far. I sure wouldn't complain.

The third movie approaches the events of the first movie with MY attitude: it doesn't matter, who cares, laughter is more important than awe and seriousness. I'm not going to lie; I can laugh at everything. Name a tragic event; chances are I'll tell you I was laughing on that day. Name a wondrous occasion; I was laughing then too. And any time I'm not laughing during tragedy or joyful times, I'm thinking, "Why is everyone so dang serious about this? In 5 billion years the sun will toast this planet and none of this will matter at all."

So, laughing or scowling in irritation. One of the two.

Anyways, I know I'm the odd man out, and by no means do I expect anyone to agree with me; I just wanted to speak my peace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    FINALLY A TLK1.5 FAN. Excuse me while I shower you with praise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    XD!

I love you, too, Sombolia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You already know I agree with you :3 so that makes me the odd woman out.
    TLK1.5 is definately my fav... especially the beginning where we see the colony and the hyena attack, I think... I keep watching that part over and over X3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    TLK 3 is a cheap wash up of the original movie which struggled to entertain young kids. Although some parts of the movie I enjoyed, they really should have quit after Simbas Pride.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    simba: completely agree here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm...I like TLK 1 just as much as I do TLK 1 1/2, if not more. Infact since they are both around the same time and the story of 1 1/2 is embedded into the first I would consider them both to be put together into one great movie.
    The second one on the other hand, I didn't like as much. It seemed to lack the rich storyline that was present in the original. Plus it nearly put me off of liking Timon and Pumbaa.

@Simba2662: Taking that kinda tone about it isnt really neccissary, now is it? I know from experience that referring to something like that, Which other people may feel strongly about. Is a surefire way to cause an argument. If you don't like it just say you don't like it.