Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A decent argument against homosexuality, esp. gay marriage.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Why do you know it was sarcastic now if before you didn't?
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I realised Neph was being sarcastic straight away. It's not too hard to realise that she was being sarcastic. A few people in this thread didn't think she was being sarcastic but Sharifu did them all a favour and underlined all the sarcasm as she just said. It's best taking a look at her post back on page one to get a better idea.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Dakota
    yeah well i musta read the post to know that u said that, and seeing as a lot of ppl didnt realise u were being sarcastic, u cant have made it that clear, n e ways no point in saying it nasty now is there, whats wrong, scared of sumone disagreeing with you?
    What's wrong, scared a dictionary might bite you if you use it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was pretty easy spotting the sarcasm BEFORE Sharifu underlined it, but I guess not everyone saw it. But afterwards...come on...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Jettie
    dictionarys dont have teeth :S
    Dakota
    Try using one then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How come is Dakota posting on Jettie's account? It's possible to log out and exchange users you know.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ok, i have to say something here.
    i dont see why people are jumping all over Dakota here....

but, when i first saw the thread, i didnt know Neph was using sarcasm either....
    BUT since people have explained it, now i know.

but i honestly wouldnt have noticed otherwise.
    (i am probably the most serious person you will ever meet, i dont take jokes or sarcasm lightly, probably not a good thing, but thats just how i am )

Neph said thats what she believed was 'true' and i respect her opinion, so i believed thats honestly what she thought.
    regardless of if i agree with her opinion or not.

everybody will probably start getting annoyed at me too, so ill shutup now, and go back to being quiet like usual.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Well, TLK, I didn't understand it first eather, but after reading it carefully another time, it all made sence.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Simba_TLK

i dont see why people are jumping all over Dakota here....
    Because they keep sending my stupid PMs. -___-

I really don't understand how you can't see the sarcasm though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Nephilim
    i understand it NOW since everybody explained it (thanks for that btw )
    but i didnt get it at first when i read the post on its own.

i know there were some jokes in there (to indicate sarcasm)...
    but as i said before im a very serious person, so i dont tend to get jokes very easily
    also ive got a next to zero sense of humor

just to make it clear, i dont think there is anything wrong with your post Neph
    its just my strange personality and how i tend interpret things

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I dont think she really thought hard about what she had read
    Exactly; people don't think. If everyone would think about what they read and what they're going to post, this little argument never would have happened. If something seems a bit odd, like a bisexual person who almost always knows what they're talking about proving that gay marriage is wrong by using completely outrageous and non-sense "facts", it may be worth a second look. It defies logic that Neph would have been serious, in all honesty, I can't comprehend how someone who read her post carefully couldn't have seen the blatant sarcasm.

Some people here are claiming that everyone's attacking Dakota, when Neph was taking crap the whole thread because some people: didn't read her entire post, didn't read the posts of others after her post, didn't think about her post, were looking for a fight or a way to disprove Neph/xinithian/anyone else who used sarcasm, or lack the mental capacity to understand sarcasm. Yes, I'm sure there's one who genuinely didn't understand her sarcasm even after reading it twice or more, that's just a misunderstanding but not something Neph should have to compensate for, but I have a feeling that the vast majority didn't read the post or think. Because we all know that a person can't say one thing and mean another.

Edit: Nothing in this post was directed towards anyone in particular; though we should probably know this by now because this is the most common thing you'll find in a post of mine, I guess it's still worth the time to take ten seconds out of my life to add this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ...I have a hard time picking up sarcasm, too......Xinithians sarcasm flew over my head..whoosh....I got Neph's pretty easily, though....it's just that I'm too gullible and will take people at their word....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by King Simba
    How come is Dakota posting on Jettie's account?
    Because they're annoying ;

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Nephilim
    Originally posted by pntbll248
    If something seems a bit odd, like a bisexual person who almost always knows what they're talking about proving that gay marriage is wrong by using completely outrageous and non-sense "facts", it may be worth a second look. It defies logic that Neph would have been serious, in all honesty, I can't comprehend how someone who read her post carefully couldn't have seen the blatant sarcasm.
    Even if you didn't know Neph was bisexual, you can tell she is being sarcastic though by those "completely outrageous and non-sense "facts"" as you put it Pntbll248.

I have a question for those of you who couldn't see the sarcasm, and I am repeating myself, but no body answered these questions yet.

Do you really think Neph, and anyone else believes:
    • People always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning?
    • Hanging around tall people will make you tall?
    • People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract?
    • Women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal?

(I'm not asking them all) But seriously, those of you who didn't see the sarcasm, what did you think when she said those comments? Did you really think that she thought that way, and that other people think that way?

I think maybe some of you who didn't see the sarcasm, either kind of skimmed through her first post, or maybe English isn't their first language.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sharifu
    Did you really think that she thought that way, and that other people think that way?
    I don't know...Neph could actually be standing by some NBA player right now trying to get taller...

There are some pretty crazy dudes out there...like the guy who thought he was a glass of orange juice...but I think he was high on LCD or something....and then there's the dude who walks backwards everywhere and cusses out his invisable friend....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    English isent Dakota's first language, its Welsh, she speaks English buh she speaks more Welsh
    Yeah it's ok, that makes a little more sense to me.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    oh my ...

tanslation? *lol*

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I knew Welsh was like a language on it's own, just thought there would be a little English in there.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    maybe you 2 need to use one account ?
    maybe i need to register another user to chat with me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by pntbll248
    Exactly; people don't think. If everyone would think about what they read and what they're going to post, this little argument never would have happened. If something seems a bit odd, like a bisexual person who almost always knows what they're talking about proving that gay marriage is wrong by using completely outrageous and non-sense "facts", it may be worth a second look. It defies logic that Neph would have been serious, in all honesty, I can't comprehend how someone who read her post carefully couldn't have seen the blatant sarcasm.

Some people here are claiming that everyone's attacking Dakota, when Neph was taking crap the whole thread because some people: didn't read her entire post, didn't read the posts of others after her post, didn't think about her post, were looking for a fight or a way to disprove Neph/xinithian/anyone else who used sarcasm, or lack the mental capacity to understand sarcasm. Yes, I'm sure there's one who genuinely didn't understand her sarcasm even after reading it twice or more, that's just a misunderstanding but not something Neph should have to compensate for, but I have a feeling that the vast majority didn't read the post or think. Because we all know that a person can't say one thing and mean another.
    I don't think suggesting that people don't 'think', or 'lack the mental capacity to understand sarcasm' is fair. I know i'd feel very insulted if i didn't see the sarcasm right away, and then someone told me i wasn't thinking, or that i was stupid, which is what you seem to be suggesting pnt. At least people were willing to come forward and admit that they didn't spot the sarcasm. There's no need to make them feel bad about it.

Personally i don't find it very difficult to see that some people won't detect the sarcasm. I mean, that was actually my first thought - not everybody is going to understand that's it's sarcastic. If i hadn't known Neph before i read this post, i'm almost certain i wouldn't realise she's being sarcastic either.

Anyway, as far as i'm concerned, it's not anybody's fault that they didn't spot the sarcasm. So instead of trying to suggest that people are stupid for not thinking, we should just accept that that's the way they look at things, it's no big deal. Nobody thinks Neph should change her post, it was just a controversial way to put things i guess you could say.