Originally posted by pntbll248
Exactly; people don't think. If everyone would think about what they read and what they're going to post, this little argument never would have happened. If something seems a bit odd, like a bisexual person who almost always knows what they're talking about proving that gay marriage is wrong by using completely outrageous and non-sense "facts", it may be worth a second look. It defies logic that Neph would have been serious, in all honesty, I can't comprehend how someone who read her post carefully couldn't have seen the blatant sarcasm.

Some people here are claiming that everyone's attacking Dakota, when Neph was taking crap the whole thread because some people: didn't read her entire post, didn't read the posts of others after her post, didn't think about her post, were looking for a fight or a way to disprove Neph/xinithian/anyone else who used sarcasm, or lack the mental capacity to understand sarcasm. Yes, I'm sure there's one who genuinely didn't understand her sarcasm even after reading it twice or more, that's just a misunderstanding but not something Neph should have to compensate for, but I have a feeling that the vast majority didn't read the post or think. Because we all know that a person can't say one thing and mean another.
I don't think suggesting that people don't 'think', or 'lack the mental capacity to understand sarcasm' is fair. I know i'd feel very insulted if i didn't see the sarcasm right away, and then someone told me i wasn't thinking, or that i was stupid, which is what you seem to be suggesting pnt. At least people were willing to come forward and admit that they didn't spot the sarcasm. There's no need to make them feel bad about it.

Personally i don't find it very difficult to see that some people won't detect the sarcasm. I mean, that was actually my first thought - not everybody is going to understand that's it's sarcastic. If i hadn't known Neph before i read this post, i'm almost certain i wouldn't realise she's being sarcastic either.

Anyway, as far as i'm concerned, it's not anybody's fault that they didn't spot the sarcasm. So instead of trying to suggest that people are stupid for not thinking, we should just accept that that's the way they look at things, it's no big deal. Nobody thinks Neph should change her post, it was just a controversial way to put things i guess you could say.