Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A decent argument against homosexuality, esp. gay marriage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A decent argument against homosexuality, esp. gay marriage.

After much bickering, here we are;

1. Homosexuality is not natural. People always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

2. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

3. Legalising gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

4. Heterosexual marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

5. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if homosexual marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

6. Heterosexual marriages are valid because they produce children. Homosexual couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

7. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

8. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America/England.

9. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

People gotta Love Neph

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Haha! Nice Neph.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Neph, just to get this straight (pun not intended ), you're being sarcastic aren't you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's quite brave opinion, IMHO. I cannot say I can agree. However I'm straight, I have many friends who are homosexual and then I can say I'm experienced in this way a little.
    1. Primary, Homosexuality is natural. In nature you can see many homosexual animals. Homosexuality isn't fenomen of this age, it was always here.
    2. That's b*ll****. I never heard about that marriage get plp together. Many young straight pairs won't marriage anyway.
    3. Crazy behavior? Some girls in this time behave much more stranger.
    4. Eh? Stop dreaming.
    5. Well. What marriage mean is only about each of us. Marriage in this time is primary about make live together easier and safest (for example laws about personal information).
    6. ROFL
    7. Negative. As long as I know it have no effect to children sexual orientation.
    8. Hello, anybody there? Chrisitian religions is not the only. However religion is not important for many plp.
    BTW: I thought you have at least two of them.
    9. Now that's really stupid. I know many plp who raised with only one parent and are as good as others. Depends primary on parent's guidance. In many families where are two parents don't care about their childrens as good as in many families with one parent.
    10. Responsibility isn't sexual orientation. I know homosexuals who are much more responsible drivers than het ones. I don't see any reason why homosexuals could make situation on streets more worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That has to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard...

There is nothing wrong at all with being gay, and it's sad that our society has slipped down (almost) to the witch burning/KKK days again.

It's pathetic. (This next sentence isn't directed at anyone at Lea) People need to shut up, sit down, and get a grip on reality. People are going to have a different sexual preference, and that's okay. You can't make them change it. It's their nature, part of who they are.

Let's say I'm at Dairy Queen and I get a strawberry blizzard and try to convince the person next to me to get one. Person B (whilst I am A, obviously) is allergic to strawberries.

Can s/he help that? Don't think so.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    You guys, it's so obvious she is being sarcastic.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    aye its sarcastic and funny...love it
    Members I have had the pleasure to meet: STM [x2], Sharifu [x2], Taneli [x2], King Simba [x4], Shadow [x1], Nathalie [x2], Lucy Lioness [x2], This Land [x4], Daniel [x2], Nephilim [x1], KanuTGL [x2], Revo [x1], Naline [x1], FCSimba [x9], Leorgathar [x1]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice stuff Neph. A lot of sarcasm used there also which makes it funny to read.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Eheh, maybe I missing one of the humor plugins. If this is a sarcastic post, how can I recognize it from other serious ones?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Lweek
    Eheh, maybe I missing one of the humor plugins. If this is a sarcastic post, how can I recognize it from other serious ones?
    Um... By lots of ways my dear... Just read her post again...

Originally posted by Nephilim
    After much bickering, here we are;

1. Homosexuality is not natural. People always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

2. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

3. Legalising gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

4. Heterosexual marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

5. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if homosexual marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

6. Heterosexual marriages are valid because they produce children. Homosexual couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

7. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
    You can't tell by some of these underlined comments that she was being sarcastic?
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    o.O''''''

GECK!

*falls over*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well Scars lair rarely has any serious threds as it is
    Members I have had the pleasure to meet: STM [x2], Sharifu [x2], Taneli [x2], King Simba [x4], Shadow [x1], Nathalie [x2], Lucy Lioness [x2], This Land [x4], Daniel [x2], Nephilim [x1], KanuTGL [x2], Revo [x1], Naline [x1], FCSimba [x9], Leorgathar [x1]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    X)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sharifu

You can't tell by some of these underlined comments that she was being sarcastic?
    It might seem pretty obvious to some people, but not everyone is going to read that and instantly be able to understand Neph's sarcastic tone, since the reader can interpret things a number of ways. But it's all good, everyone will know for sure now that she's being sarcastic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    , pretty good. No one can argue with that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh no, it's all 100% serious. I am against all kinds of homosexual activity, and there definitely aren't lesbians in my signature. </sarcasm>

:woeisme:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    you gotta love dry wit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Neph and anyone else who laughed

Hilarious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I've already stated my opinion on this, so I'm not gonna say anything else.