Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT: RP forum is closing completely

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    STL and Simba '04, seriously do the world a favor and take it to PM/IM/Chat/something, just don't broadcast your personal issues with one another on this forum or I will report both of you to Mufasa and have you temp banned. That's the only warning I'm giving on that

<sarcasm>Also, for both of you, telling members to shut up is not right, as the rest of the forum will hate you if you do Now if you added in some swear words, that's different, those seem to be accepted around here </sarcasm>

*clears throat* Now then.. about those post counts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    umm...well STL and me made up and idk why he is mad at me now The only reason why I said anything about him was becuase I've heard that KS and him are the big rpers ( or use to be as LKS said ), sorry for doing that, didn't expect peeps to get upset about something soo simple. I'm not mad at you STL or KS, I was just stating something and wasn't trieing to offend.

The reason as to why I am happy for the RP thread closing is because it will help stop some more arguments about the posts. Like I said, people are putting on masks when they say they don't care about the post count but in fact many do. I know I use to but as of right now I could care less, in fact I don't even know how many posts I have . I'm just trieing to prevent another fight from breaking out but in which it seems I have started another one, so I'm sorry for what I said, wasn't trieing to start any fights or make people sad or anything.

My sincere apologies

Hakuna Matata

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, well, that's good. Now kiss and make up x) Or, just make up

Anyway.. once again.. back to the post counts shall we?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *hugs*

no one has really seen me on MSN in 7 months , actually it is like 6 months becuase I started working full time that long ago So I really don't get online that much anymore , o well, just a part of growing up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by PhantomBPR
    Does that include the Star Wars RPG that we were doing in Scar's Lair? I know nobody has posted in awhile but I was thinking starting it up again.

http://www.leahalalela.com/showthrea...&threadid=4709
    NOOOOO!!! I hated that, there were only 2 people participating in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Star Wars RP sorta failed cause Utora was playing Anakin and she never posted again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Xinithian
    NOOOOO!!! I hated that, there were only 2 people participating in it.
    ; There were more, but it fell apart after Utora left. So me and Alli just decided to take it to PM.

Besides, I don't think it's up to you if we decide to bring it back or not..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's right, it's up to Mufasa. Frankly though I don't believe that Scar's Lair is the appropriate place for an RP. It's for discussion. I don't know, ask Muffy about that one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    woah... I was just thinking about trying to RP here once again... (last time though, it moved too fast ad I fell out to easily...)

Yahoo groups?... hmmm... That sounds a good idea... never tried one of those...

I'm personally at odds where it wouldn't matter weither it goes or stays, but then again, I'm not an active RPer here... ....

In some ways it'd be good and others bad...

though I'll stick with whatever mufasa decides on

accually, just while typing this out, a thought struck me, what if you deleted the older posts after a crtain amount piled up?... as in when a page reaches so many posts delete the old ones to make way for the new...... or not...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pruning you mean Anon? That could work I suppose. But will people do it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll go ahead and add my two-cents worth since I have a forum here in the RP section. First, I'm glad that the RP section has, for the moment, been spared. I will say that I am slightly upset even still and disturbed as to why the thought of closing it down would have been considered in the first place. Unless Mufasa or other admins have been getting pm's or emails from ppl in the rp forums about problems that need to be solved, where does the stress come in that would bring about such consideration? The mods for the rp's are in position to handle their rp forums - hence why they were given certain privilages to help them do such. As it stands I'm considering moving from here anyway. I haven't had any complaints until I happened to stray upon this topic. As I only have my individual section bookmarked I don't usually get out and around the other places that often and would have found myself with everything deleted a month from now (had the deletion decision gone through) and had no warning (again this is relative as, again, I usually only frequent my own forum area).

That having been said, many ppl are right, there are other places that we could start all over again and drag everyone around. Having been in tlk rp communities for many years now I can assure you that it is always noticable when forums or chatrooms are moved - without fail the numbers drop.

Expenses are out there, yes, I know. For years I have been paying out of my pocket for places for ppl to rp. I never expected anything in return, other than being hopeful ppl would come and find a place to rp and enjoy it. So Mufasa, if you are paying for this, I sincerely appreciate it. And I hope that if you've been willing to do so for this long that you've had some satisfaction in knowing others are actually making use of your sacrifice.

If ppl want to up and leave for their own reasons and be admins and mods in their own right that's up to them. Personally, unless your being adversely affected by certain forums I have no idea what difference their existance (i.e. the forums) makes anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There simbaji again always with the Long posts dude Keep it up :P the more detail, the better like i always say. : )

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't want the rp section to go, simply because I love rping and I know lots of people do too.

But if people need a rp site to fall back on, there's always Ulaya. Several people from here already go there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    like I've said 4 times before....the RP section is staying
    Members I have had the pleasure to meet: STM [x2], Sharifu [x2], Taneli [x2], King Simba [x4], Shadow [x1], Nathalie [x2], Lucy Lioness [x2], This Land [x4], Daniel [x2], Nephilim [x1], KanuTGL [x2], Revo [x1], Naline [x1], FCSimba [x9], Leorgathar [x1]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kovu The Lion
    There simbaji again always with the Long posts dude Keep it up :P the more detail, the better like i always say. : )

Yes, he goes beyond the Northwind Trails.

Details can be very important, especially when it counts....