Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT: RP forum is closing completely

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

IMPORTANT: RP forum is closing completely

It's been suggested to be that it would be a better idea to take the TLK roleplaying to something like Yahoo and MSN groups. I have agreed with this but will not be doing it myself. If the RP community here wants to do that, I will endorse any sister site created and link to it here.

Having said that, the RP forum will be closing in 1 month, in order to give time for any suitable replacement to be created and for members to save any posts they want for their own personal collection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does that include the Star Wars RPG that we were doing in Scar's Lair? I know nobody has posted in awhile but I was thinking starting it up again.

http://www.leahalalela.com/showthrea...&threadid=4709

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ok its fair to say I'm more than slightly ticked off about this.
    May of been suggested...but how bout you ask the RPer's what they thought about this.

And srry in advance because of this Mufasa.
    Members I have had the pleasure to meet: STM [x2], Sharifu [x2], Taneli [x2], King Simba [x4], Shadow [x1], Nathalie [x2], Lucy Lioness [x2], This Land [x4], Daniel [x2], Nephilim [x1], KanuTGL [x2], Revo [x1], Naline [x1], FCSimba [x9], Leorgathar [x1]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm, any more that would like to keep this forum open? If enough interest than I would be open to doing something else rather than closing compelety.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm with LKS on this one. I've really enjoyed RPing here over the past few months and I'd like the RP forums to stay open. Hopefully more people will agree with both me and LKS here.

And if so, that's great Mufasa.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm for anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Clooose it. >> << >>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    All because u don't RP anymore Neph...we are asking ppl who actually rp here still wat they actually think.
    Maybe you don't care about this section but those who RP here do.
    Members I have had the pleasure to meet: STM [x2], Sharifu [x2], Taneli [x2], King Simba [x4], Shadow [x1], Nathalie [x2], Lucy Lioness [x2], This Land [x4], Daniel [x2], Nephilim [x1], KanuTGL [x2], Revo [x1], Naline [x1], FCSimba [x9], Leorgathar [x1]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Lion King Stu
    All because u don't RP anymore Neph...we are asking ppl who actually rp here still wat they actually think.
    Maybe you don't care about this section but those who RP here do.

Actually, I see no reason for it to be closed really. ;P Although maybe RP shouldn't count towards post counts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well I do not RP myself but I think the RP section should stay open. Even if it's just a smaller one.

all magic comes with a price Opera Ghost's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really don't want it to go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Nephilim
    Actually, I see no reason for it to be closed really. ;P Although maybe RP shouldn't count towards post counts?
    Yeah well I was expecting something like that.
    Only doing it for Post counts.
    Fine well I don't do it for the post county and mostly all members are the same and I hate it when people say that.
    Yeah fine techically they should just dump the post count completly off the forum if thats what people are worried about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Lion King Stu
    Yeah well I was expecting something like that.
    Only doing it for Post counts.
    Fine well I don't do it for the post county and mostly all members are the same and I hate it when people say that.
    Yeah fine techically they should just dump the post count completly off the forum if thats what people are worried about.
    Well I was very intimidated when I first got here and saw all the high post counts, so that's probably a good idea LKS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Post counts arent really the issue here, the actual posts are the issue, they take up alot of space since RP is pretty frequent here :E

In my opinion though I dont want it to go. But if there is a better solution il go with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well considering the RP section seems to be one of the life lines to this website part from the random threds.
    I rather it stayed because well I will grow bored of this site because all there would be the same old random threds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd rather it stay because RPing has been one of the things I've enjoyed the most about this forum. Over the past year (just around) I've really enjoyed taking part in these RPs and it'd be a shame if they did happen to be deleted.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *makes picket signs for people to use* Ok here we go...

*raises a picket sign* RP STAYS OR I GO *repeats it over and over*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Have you guys even tried the other idea? You're not even giving it a chance at all.

If the groups were moved to Yahoo! groups then the creators of those RPs would be given the power over that group. You would have administrative powers for that group. It would link back to Lea.

I DO RP here and I RP on yahoo! groups. And Yahoo! is a much more RP friendly. You can post pictures, files, links, everything, and RP. And it is all well organized and everything. That is more than what you get in the oasis section =P

I think you silly people should try the option.

And give Lea back some bandwidth as the Oasis has the most posts in it and could just as easily be used elsewhere.

Under Mufasa's permision I have already made each of the RP creators a group on yahoo! groups if they would like to use that, it is open to oyu, just ask me about it and I'll be glad to put it in your hands =P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    there are loads of free forum hosting providers like proBoards and freeyabb and such that i reckon an RP would run good on

in fact, i've set one up now, i'm just creating the forums like those in this RP section

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *is chanting his lines*

*hears Ravoc and stops* Hey, there's one thing I have to say about this. Most of the people here aren't members of Yahoo! and I don't think they want to become ones just to RP with the people from this forum when they could have done it here.

*resumes chanting* RP STAYS OR I GO!