Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT: RP forum is closing completely

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think best that we both leave this thread LKS << As we both stand firmly on opposite sides.

And neither of us is getting anything accomplished with bickering back and forth on what should be done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like that idea too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Ngatuny
    Well after reading this thread and talking with Ravoc on MSN here is another suggestion.

How about if to decrease the database size the posts older than one month be deleted and archived into a file (word, text, whatever works) then the Rp's can stay and Lea would be free of space and it would improve for all of us. besides I don't think that anyone looks at 1000 + posts to join an Rp. either way that is my idea. what do you people think.
    Good suggestion although I think it's best we wait and see what Muffy says about all of this. We all have different opinions about the subject which should be brought to attention by Mufasa since he's the admin and since he's the one who will be making the final decision about whether the RP forum should be deleted or not.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not about you and LKS Ravoc, the thing Ngatuny was talking about

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, this seems pretty out of the blue o.o

I don't do much RPing around here, but theres a few things I'd like to comment on...

1) Yahoo groups sucks for RP. Everything is backwards and counterintuitive, thread structure is virtually nonexistent, and its just awkward in general.

2) It sucks when a major RP site goes down. Trust me, I've been through it twice. Everyone kinda scatters, going off to all different places and whatnot.

I probably had something else to say, but I don't remember. Enjoy the disjointed thoughts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I decided I'll make an rp site myself...no use in waiting for the rp forums to be deleted before taking action I'll post the link when it's finished and if anyone wants to join to rp and chat and stuff, be my guest otherwise the rest of you can stay here and continue arguing and opposing eachother but that isn't helping or doing anything for the rp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thnx Suki thats another one at least.

Uncle N's idea sounds good I'll give him that...but its gonna be awkward for people who have been away finding those posts and being able to reply back; unlike now where you can hunt them down pretty quickly.

Well gotta see wat the big guy says I guess...
    Members I have had the pleasure to meet: STM [x2], Sharifu [x2], Taneli [x2], King Simba [x4], Shadow [x1], Nathalie [x2], Lucy Lioness [x2], This Land [x4], Daniel [x2], Nephilim [x1], KanuTGL [x2], Revo [x1], Naline [x1], FCSimba [x9], Leorgathar [x1]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I still think we should have a petition...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The rp board i'm making is currently under developement..should be up and running by tomorrow night or tuesday morning for those of you that want to join and continue rping (just giving everyone the heads up)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    look we are getting things sorted out just keep it on hold I suggest I feel like we are actually getting somwhere here.
    Members I have had the pleasure to meet: STM [x2], Sharifu [x2], Taneli [x2], King Simba [x4], Shadow [x1], Nathalie [x2], Lucy Lioness [x2], This Land [x4], Daniel [x2], Nephilim [x1], KanuTGL [x2], Revo [x1], Naline [x1], FCSimba [x9], Leorgathar [x1]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sure thing I'll keep it under developement and if it's needed then i'll turn the board on when it's done so that everyone can register and stuff and then get to rping right away...only if we decide to use it that is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *cricket**cricket*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kago u got told once...and I will say it again please stop with the spamming it sorta gets old and annoying....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kago, you've made your point alright? We know where you stand on this. I returned to this thread only to give you a warning.

SPAM = BAD

This has been a warning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    See this?:

No.

Ok, I'll shut up now. Really. Truely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Some people only go on the RP's anyway.
    If you close down the RP threads, then we're gonna loose a lot of nice members.

I think the RP forums should stay open. Ngatuny's idea sounds like the most reasonable to me so far.

Originally posted by 2 Die FR
    After reading what people have said about this, I think moving role playing in a place out of the forum is a decision all for the best overall. I never liked the fact that RPing counted for post count, seeing as some members might think that the number of posts determines your rank in society or something. But much more importantly, it is necessary for the sake of cleaning up the forum by clearing out space. We're doing this for Mufasa here, for the same reason he's clearing out threads more than a month old. He's paying to keep this place open, and he's offering an alternative. The least you can do is take his offer instead of resisting change.
    Resisting change?!?!
    Most of the people here are suggesting change!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Alright, well I definitely won't close down the RP forums since many members here use them and use them often. They really don't take up much bandwidth at all, so that isn't a problem. If someone does take the initiative to create something offsite and members choose to embrace it, I will still support it of course.

On another note, many have suggested not counting posts made in the RP forums towards overall post counts. People have cited the shear volume of posts some members have as being intimidating to new members. Where does everyone stand on this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Mufasa
    On another note, many have suggested not counting posts made in the RP forums towards overall post counts. People have cited the shear volume of posts some members have as being intimidating to new members. Where does everyone stand on this?
    I personaly think that it has a significant effect on the way one might percive a member, but that's just me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really don't care about my post count. Its nice to celebrate and all, but thats because those posts mean you've talked to a lot of people. Not unless your a spammer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think the RP section being a no-postcount zone would be good.

I think Upendi should be the same, but thats just me.