Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Is TLK Guilty of Racism? Gender issues? Homosexuality?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Utora's thread reminds me of an interesting point...It's kinda one sided how a man can have sex with a bunch of women and be labeled a Playa, yet he is praised and looked up to....Yet a woman can have sex with a bunch of men and be labeled a slut, and be shunned from society.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    a biiiiig pile of bull ****

they are lions man!! ofcorse the males are leaders!!!!animal gay, yeah, right, and like the kids would notice that, bull ****. they have no females miles around, so what they are gonna do? and ofcorse they will listen to Scar, he is the leader

stupid people...tipical

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Y'know, I agree with what everyone has said so far...except...I think Timon and Pumbaa are homosexual. Namely because of hints I got by myself.

Though I just recently found out that in '94, Nathan and Ernie said in an interview with The New York Times that Timon and Pumbaa were gay..:

Actors Ernie Sabella and Nathan Lane said in a New York Times interview that the characters they played (Timon, the meerkat, and Pumbaa, the wart hog) in THE LION KING are "the first homosexual Disney characters ever to come to the screen...." -NY Times, 6/12/94

I haven't been able to access the article itself. I went to The New York Times's website, and evidently I have to pay a subscription to read certain articles, including that one. As much as I'd like to see proof that my assumption was right, I'm not willing to pay to see.

Though even without that, I'd have still thought they were gay...I would until one of the members working on the movie said otherwise... xD;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Ralli

Actors Ernie Sabella and Nathan Lane said in a New York Times interview that the characters they played (Timon, the meerkat, and Pumbaa, the wart hog) in THE LION KING are "the first homosexual Disney characters ever to come to the screen...." -NY Times, 6/12/94

NY Times = Media. Don't trust the Media. Ever. Yes they can be right but if you place your faith in them, pbbbbbt you mine as well go place your head in a sewer and plant navigation from there.

Alot of boys are "close" friends at my church and school. they go camping, ATVing, Xbox Live, School, everything together. They're not gay. Maybe Ernie Sabella and Nathan Lane said that they and/or the characters Timon and Pumbba were gay, but they aren't the director/creator of The Lion King, now are they?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's not the people who voice the characters that make them gay. It's the creators that make the characters gay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Utora
    NY Times = Media. Don't trust the Media. Ever. Yes they can be right but if you place your faith in them, pbbbbbt you mine as well go place your head in a sewer and plant navigation from there.

Alot of boys are "close" friends at my church and school. they go camping, ATVing, Xbox Live, School, everything together. They're not gay. Maybe Ernie Sabella and Nathan Lane said that they and/or the characters Timon and Pumbba were gay, but they aren't the director/creator of The Lion King, now are they?

*shrug* Actually, I know nothing about the NY Times. Never in my life have I read any other magazine besides those that are about cats or dogs. It was an easy mistake on my part, since I could care less about the media.

And yes, I know Ernie and Nathan aren't the directors of TLK. :growl: Don't take me as an idiot (I am one, but I don't like people making that even MORE obvious). I took it from them because even though the writers and directors create the characters, it's often the voice actors that give them the most of the personality and, needless to say, bring it to life. I've read in a making-of article about TLK 1 1/2 that the voice actors get some say in how the characters act or respond.

Personally, I don't think Timon and Pumbaa were created to be gay. They were made as buddies. I think the whole gay thing just happened, and isn't really considered...'canon', I guess you could say. And I doubt the directors would say they are. xD; TLK already has the whole 'S-E-X in the clouds' issue being forever shoved at them, among other issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Personally, I don't think Timon and Pumbaa were created to be gay. They were made as buddies. I think the whole gay thing just happened, and isn't really considered...'canon', I guess you could say.
    It seems when 2 male cartoon characters are paired, for some reason they end up being homosexual. What's funny is, even if they were, hypothetically: nearly all cartoon characters are anatomically incorrect in the first place to begin with.

So, if that's the dilemma, how would they engage?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SoniqueX
    It seems when 2 male cartoon characters are paired, for some reason they end up being homosexual. What's funny is, even if they were, hypothetically: nearly all cartoon characters are anatomically incorrect in the first place to begin with.

So, if that's the dilemma, how would they engage?

*shrug* Love isn't just the physical...pleasure. Nala and Simba are 'anatomically incorrect', also, if you're going along with the lack of...some organs...so where'd Kiara pop up from? (...the stork!) Not to mention that, if you were going along with natural terms, only humans and dolphins mate for pleasure, and warthogs and meerkats wouldn't hang out, lions wouldn't be raised by either one, hyenas would make an alliance with a lion, animals don't sing and dance...*ramble*

And I've never considered any other male 'duos' to be homosexual. o_o;; Besides Timon and Pumbaa. And I'd like to emphasize that I just like the pairing, I don't really think they're in love in any of the TLK movies, I don't think they're really a couple, but I still think they're gay. *shrug* Though I'm open to Timon/OC, Pumba/OC pairings.

To add: I really, really don't want to "discuss" this. I'm not going to change anyone's mind, no one is going to change my mind. As immature as it sounds, I get upset when "debating". No matter how much I believe my opinion. It's just how I am. It's not because I'm an oversensitive, egotistic baby who thinks she's right and everyone else is wrong; I believe it goes along with this disorder I have. And the last thing I am is egotistical. I'm actually very self-degrading.

People say "You shouldn't be on the Internet if you don't have a thick skin" and I agree. But I'm on the Internet not to debate, but to share my interests with others. HENCE why I am here at all. The whole reason why I got on a computer years ago was so that I could find other people who liked musicals, animated movies, drawing, etc. On this topic, I had pointed out an opinion of mine, but I had no intention of debating it.

Off-Topicness: Your icon was drawn by VanillaKitsune from Suta-Raito Advanced Oekaki, wasn't it? I'm an administrator there.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    *shrug* Love isn't just the physical...pleasure. Nala and Simba are 'anatomically incorrect', also, if you're going along with the lack of...some organs...so where'd Kiara pop up from? (...the stork!) Not to mention that, if you were going along with natural terms, only humans and dolphins mate for pleasure, and warthogs and meerkats wouldn't hang out, lions wouldn't be raised by either one, hyenas would make an alliance with a lion, animals don't sing and dance...*ramble*

That's why it's called "a movie" ... a move makes it able to let imagination run free *cheese*

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm so flippin' meticulous. Ralli, there have actually been documentations of meerkats and warthogs being together. It's a kind of symbiotic relationship. The meerkat grooms the warthog on occasion. This gives the warthog a parasite free pelt and the meerkat a free meal. Maybe the creators of T&P saw that and took it a step further.*shrugs and sits back in corner*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Katse
    I'm so flippin' meticulous. Ralli, there have actually been documentations of meerkats and warthogs being together. It's a kind of symbiotic relationship. The meerkat grooms the warthog on occasion. This gives the warthog a parasite free pelt and the meerkat a free meal. Maybe the creators of T&P saw that and took it a step further.*shrugs and sits back in corner*

Ah, really? I didn't know that (obviously xD; ).

Tell me when you see documentations of lions and other animals singing and dancing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And I've never considered any other male 'duos' to be homosexual. o_o;; Besides Timon and Pumbaa. And I'd like to emphasize that I just like the pairing, I don't really think they're in love in any of the TLK movies, I don't think they're really a couple, but I still think they're gay. *shrug* Though I'm open to Timon/OC, Pumba/OC pairings.

To add: I really, really don't want to "discuss" this. I'm not going to change anyone's mind, no one is going to change my mind. As immature as it sounds, I get upset when "debating". No matter how much I believe my opinion. It's just how I am. It's not because I'm an oversensitive, egotistic baby who thinks she's right and everyone else is wrong; I believe it goes along with this disorder I have. And the last thing I am is egotistical. I'm actually very self-degrading.
    So... you like Timon & Pumbaa, but you just think they're gay, m'kay, interesting... And also you don't like to "debate" any. First off, I wasn't trying to debate much really, as like you said, "state an opinion" and pretty much leave it like that. Well- you can only go as in so far with that before it becomes a debate. But I'm stopping here with this Timon/Pumbaa opinion/debate thing.

Now - there's no need to get so offensive, Ralli. I realize you had a quick burst of emotions, but it's not that big of a deal.

Believe me, I understand where you are coming from, though.

=)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SoniqueX
    So... you like Timon & Pumbaa, but you just think they're gay, m'kay, interesting... And also you don't like to "debate" any. First off, I wasn't trying to debate much really, as like you said, "state an opinion" and pretty much leave it like that. Well- you can only go as in so far with that before it becomes a debate. But I'm stopping here with this Timon/Pumbaa opinion/debate thing.

Now - there's no need to get so offensive, Ralli. I realize you had a quick burst of emotions, but it's not that big of a deal.

Believe me, I understand where you are coming from, though.

=)

Yea...sorry 'bout that...I'm really impulsive...and hypocritical...I'm working on fixing those... Thank you for not getting really angry at me- you would've had good reason to. Heh...I'm really embarrassed...I went and made myself look ridiculous again...meh, I'll just learn from it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yea...sorry 'bout that...I'm really impulsive...and hypocritical...I'm working on fixing those... Thank you for not getting really angry at me- you would've had good reason to. Heh...I'm really embarrassed...I went and made myself look ridiculous again...meh, I'll just learn from it.
    We all get a bit frustrated sometimes. Emotions are a funny thing, especially when they generate themselves out of a perplexing level. Actually, the way you stated your opinions, it's nothing to be embarrassed about or feel ridiculous thereof. = )

"We are what we are."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jeeze, it doesn't matter if Timon and Pumba are gay, they are still awsome... I dont think directors would care to say if they were, if they were, because it's okay to be gay now. It wouldn't be the same as having sex written. Besides, Timon looks hot in drag!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well that didn't make sense... but hopefuly you understand. <3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Waterfall
    Timon looks hot in drag!
    He doesn't need to be in drag to be hot. He just is... ; o ...

[edit] :knowdees: XD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is crap.

Pure. Crap.

This is pure BS. And the biggest pile of it I have ever seen.

These people need to be dropped off a cliff.

That's all I have to say about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Might I add that Bonobos are considered the most...sexually, or mating if that gets cut orientated animals on earth? Hehe, they start mating for pleasure, when they're bored, when the see food, and even same sex pairs come of it...um, yeah. Bye now!