Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Is TLK Guilty of Racism? Gender issues? Homosexuality?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    In the brasilian version, have a controversy:

In the last speech of scar when the hyenas are going to eat him, he say 9in portuguese) "I did not said that" but in the way he tallks, our eras hear more clean than what it really say "Im gay"

I made a audio cuting the affects of the scenes to show people for them take thei own conclusions, but some still thinks they say "im gay"

If there have some portuguese speaker can try it http://files.thpe.net/Thiago/oscarnaoebicha.mp3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by ThiagoPE

In the last speech of scar when the hyenas are going to eat him, he say 9in portuguese) "I did not said that" but in the way he tallks, our eras hear more clean than what it really say "Im gay"

I made a audio cuting the affects of the scenes to show people for them take thei own conclusions, but some still thinks they say "im gay"

If there have some portuguese speaker can try it http://files.thpe.net/Thiago/oscarnaoebicha.mp3
    He he...well, some people do think Scar is gay, though I don't see why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by ThiagoPE

*snort* Riiight. That's like when some people thought Rafiki was saying "Squashed banana up your arse" *rolls eyes*

Yeah, I can see that. "Don't eat me - I'm gay!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like to think Scar is gay, just because that'd make me really happy.

But I heard it as a rumor about the time Simba's Pride came out - I don't know for sure where that originated, but I know that it's still circulating on some forums I've looked at. I think it was because of his facial expressions in Be Prepared and how he acted in some scenes.

But that could just be me - I haven't heard proof to back the statement up, besides "THAT WOULD BE SO COOL!" ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When did scar say, "That would be so cool" ? *Haven't watched TLK in a while*

Thanks for the banner, Sombolia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I believe MoS' quote was that of a statement made by some anonymous forum-goer in reaction to the suggestion that Scar may be gay, not a quote of Scar himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Nazi thing is ALWAYS apparent to me in TLK. The goose stepping scene in Be Prepared is obviously supposed to suggest Nazis\Hitler to older audiences. Then I learned on the History Channel (I was bored) that Hitler had a nephew--who was intent on bringing down his horrible schemes. Hmm. I know that part of TLK was based on Hamlet, but I thought that twist in the Hitler Story was amusing too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well i read this article and..
    what..???... come on. it's just a cartoon with some good moral in it.
    timon and pumbaa is homosexual? nahh.. they just say to the kids..
    friends are forever. About Man Dominant - Man Should play a important keyrole and the female is the supporter.
    Hyenas is Hispanics?.. err. Que Pasa.. we all know that Cheech Marin is a Mexican.
    i can't understand why those guy waste time, money, ideas on some crap?...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Fendi
    About Man Dominant - Man Should play a important keyrole and the female is the supporter.
    I wouldn't mind a little more female domination....if you know what I mean...But then she would have to make me breakfast...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    roog
    let the man do the cooking and female is the err.. head of the house

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Fendi

let the man do the cooking and female is the err.. head of the house
    Um...unless the guy is an actual cook, I'd rather not put my life on the line...or my kids'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What?...A man cook?!.....Well, I can make a grilled cheese sandwich that's pretty awesome...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So can my 12-year-old brother

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by la_reina
    So can my 12-year-old brother
    Oh yeah...can he toast it to the perfect tint of brown...where the cheese is the perfect ammount and do it in five minutes?...

I also like to make pies......like Chocolate pie, Banana pie, American pie, Oreo Cookie pie...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did you say...pie...?
    Yeah, well, I bet you use the Ready-In-Five-Minutes-So-That-It-Tastes-Like-Crap Kit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by la_reina
    Did you say...pie...?
    Yeah, well, I bet you use the Ready-In-Five-Minutes-So-That-It-Tastes-Like-Crap Kit
    ...No...I also love to make brownies...I add a certian ingredient that gives the brownies a lot more moisture so that they are softer..but yet, not too soft...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    all that is bull****.....i never heard anything abut it....funny thing is that they dont even mengtion that "sex" massage they have bin naging on abut "

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't know if that is the really the message TLK is sending, I mean how many of you have even notice that or thought about that in that movie males are in dominant part or Timon and Pumbaa are gay couple or something? I don't think too many of you. it just is like that, Pride leader is male, most of the characters are males because it just works that way better I think because of personalities they have... so I don't know what they are trying to say in that book but I disagree with them quite a lot.

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, well, SNOW WHITE is sexist! The mom rules the house! I wanna' read that book

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    From the first post on here [2 die fr] I'd say that this is something I've seen before by DC Comics or another. An inquiry about Wonder Woman was sent forth, and seeing how she had no male partner or something, she was obviously gay. Well, that's the media for you. Out to twist it, and are always looking little nooks and cranies to get in and make a MOUNTAIN out of. I say no bad views were being sent. Men are above Females. It's always been the way. We could get deeply into it, but I trust all of you understand. And, all my RealLife true friends, are male therefore I'm accused of being a ***** or shunned away by some because they assume I'm in love with the person, because he's the opposit sex. I have discovered, that no matter what you do, someone either agrees, someone either doesn't give a monkeys patoot, or someone either disagrees and wants to start something. I think this issue is a minor bump in the road for TLK Like all problems in one's life.