Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Feral Heart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I re-installed the previous version of FH, and that resolved the error, so I didn't feel the need for my post to be there anymore. But I'll need to install the update at some point, right? If so, I'm a little lost on what you just said.

Thanks a lot for the info anyway.

As for now, I have a little bit of a problem involving the character creator. All the colours and graphics show up fine on my netbook, but on my desktop it looks like this:

I can't seem to change the pelt colour or the tail colour, and so Katai looks badly sunburnt. Are there any files missing that I need?

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oi, Katai does seem to have a bit of a burn there. Hopefully you can get the problem resolved.

Here's what I came up with for my fursona:

Not bad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KovuLKD View Post
    @Weylin: that sounds a tad too dynamic for a game XD it can be done, but I'll come to wonder how many players can actually use scripting to write decent gameplay. As of now the tools provided in FH have already confused enough players a dynamic user created gameplay system in a large virtual world certainly sounds a good idea though, but maybe not on FH. Still thanks for the input
    Well, configuring your own game mechanics certainly wont be for everyone. But as I've seen some awesome modelers and map makers, I figure there's a few people in the community who could come up with some pretty radical game systems.

It mostly be a matter of learning all the variables for actions, as well as learning and understanding the concept of a variable.
    Care would be necessary with anything doing loops or slow calculations.

Either way, most players wouldn't need to even worry about it, if they didn't make their own settings, it would just use the default settings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King Simba View Post
    But I'll need to install the update at some point, right?
    Yes, you do.
    What i meant was, Windows 7 isn't allowing FH to create files into the folder you've installed it into (probably Program Files).
    So to get around that you'll have to run the program as Administrator, by:
    -inside your FeralHeart folder, right click FeralHeart.exe
    -click "Run as Administrator"

I got this off some help website so i'm not sure if it works, but basically you've to give the program Administrator rights, which i don't know how it's done on anything more than Windows XP.
    Apparently i'm reading that Windows Vista and 7 are encouraging programs to write files into the local "Temp" folder or "Application Data" folder, which are pretty hidden deep in the system. That didn't sound like a good idea to me 'cause FH is gonna output files when you export maps and such, and users are gonna need to be able to find them. I might have to think about this.

As for the graphics problem, i see more issues in the picture than just Katai being sunburnt XD
    The sky is missing, and the water is white. Both are not supposed to happen.
    My guess would be that your desktop's graphics card doesn't support shaders, so FH is running on backup methods which somehow aren't working for you either.
    You might be encountering a similar problem as Nuduli.
    To find out what's wrong with that i'll need your help, and plenty of time, so this process might take awhile.
    Meanwhile you might want to consider using Presets for Katai, and export your preset to send to Leor so that he can see it too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For graphics card, try Start -> Run (or windows key + R on the keyboard), and type msinfo32
    A window called "System Information" shoul pop up.
    Then click Components, then Display.
    The name of your graphics card should appear under "Name".

For OpenGL/Direct3D, inside FH, click Options, then the Video tab.
    What you're running on should be highlighted under "Rendering System".
    Much thanks for the help Nuduli
    *hopes I did this right*

My graphics card, I believe, is NVIDIA GeForce2 MX and OpenGL was highlighted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think I've got the red fluffy mane problem fixed, it'll go up in the next patch.
    Thanks for the help Nuduli!

@KS: I'm not sure if I got your graphics problems fixed, you could give the next patch a try, but that'll mean you've to try to run the game as administrator for it to work. If that can't be done then I might have to start saving files in the proper Windows directories.

You'll know when the next patch is up 'cause the game will give you a notice.

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

me and Leor a few weeks ago.

I like the features of the game thus far and am not having any issues with it, I think this may be because I have an i7 quad core with some ati mobility radeon hd graphics card...but my laptop still gets rather toasty with your game Kovu.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looking good Utora
    Yeah my game toasts my own laptop too XD
    I'm hoping it's not something I've done wrong.
    Have you guys tried making a map yet? I can't tell if the one in the first pic is Ficho Tunnel or is one done by Leor.
    Im gonna try making a Lea map now but I dunno what theme it should have... campfire by the beach?

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Looking good Utora
    Yeah my game toasts my own laptop too XD
    I'm hoping it's not something I've done wrong.
    Have you guys tried making a map yet? I can't tell if the one in the first pic is Ficho Tunnel or is one done by Leor.
    Im gonna try making a Lea map now but I dunno what theme it should have... campfire by the beach?
    ficho tunnel in that one photo..I've tried a few of my maps but was not proud of them enough to get others to join in

yes, campfire by the beach! and ...an atlantis under the sea

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I like the sound of that : D

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just made a Lea map! Here's the download link:
    https://rcpt.yousendit.com/113363139...fe24bcb6465d2b
    Just unzip the two files and put them in your "exports" folder in your FeralHeart directory.
    You should find a portal to the Lea map in the Cape of Distant Worlds.

This was done quickly at work cause I was hungry and haven't had dinner LOL
    I think it'll look good when it's sunset.
    Atlantis will come later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll have to wait until my internet returns, whenver that is, to get the next patch and the Lea map. I wanna play FH so badly!

And what (or where) is the Cape of Distant Worlds?

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    When you exit Ficho Tunnel and basically keep going straight, there's an island with a portal, you have to swim across and there should be rows of glowing stones in the river on your way there. On the island keep going straight and there will be the portal to Cape of Distant Worlds, and I figure once you're in there it will be up a ways along the path on the side or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Utora, I'll keep that in mind. I get sooo lost, I have no sense of direction in the game. @.@

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Visited Lea Halalela, it looks like a great place to hang considering it's not flooded by the local people who have really no grasp on a decent conversation.

We need to schedule a global time for us LeaHalans to meet here!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yay, Lea map!

The campfire seems to be out though; is there supposed to be a flame or something there?

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh that's awesome, Kovu! I'll add it to my files immediately
    Btw, I made my map work now, it still needs some more building up in some sections, but perhaps I'll share it here when it's ready

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post
    The campfire seems to be out though; is there supposed to be a flame or something there?
    Yes there is, i've realised the fire is missing.
    Looks like the objects export is still buggy.
    I'll fix that in awhile, meanwhile we'll have a fireless campfire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    These graphics remind of a 3D version of early Myst
    [SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/2jags50.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oooookay I seem to be having a bit of a problem
    I installed the two files in the exports folder, and since I realized I had named my map LeaHalalela too, I decided to change its name, and I mean I deleted everything and replaced it with files with the new name, and it works well in the map maker. But when I went to Cape of Distant Worlds, the game crashed on me, and now everytime I log in it crashes again.
    Does this problem have to do with the portal to my old map still being in Cape of Distant Worlds?

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)