Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Feral Heart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Any chance this would run on my GPU-fried laptop? xD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just thought I'd shout this out here...

I've got FH working! Yay, now I can play the game on my desktop too. ^^ Thanks for all the help, Kovu.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Guys, c'mon. The only way to get it to run is to delete system32.
    [SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/2jags50.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowland View Post
    I find that just deleting the explorer.exe fixes most of my problems.

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowland View Post
    Alright, that, plus a flash of the troll face is epic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Weylin View Post
    I find that just deleting the explorer.exe fixes most of my problems.

@KS: Glad it finally worked! I got worried 'cause your case was growing difficult.
    I hope FH doesn't fry your card though, it sounds rather primitive. XD

@Shatara: Well if it does work you'll probably get weird colours and such, or it'll incinerate your GPU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So is there anything I can do to help you out in figuring the fluffy mane color problem? O.o

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KovuLKD View Post
    @KS: Glad it finally worked! I got worried 'cause your case was growing difficult.
    I hope FH doesn't fry your card though, it sounds rather primitive. XD
    I certainly hope that doesn't happen! Believe me, I got worried too. I had a feeling that it was the worst case scenario and that it would never work.

And so, another problem was born. Not with the game, it runs fine (even if it lags a little, I have a feeling that's a problem with the memory on my computer) but with my account. I've forgotten my password and have seemed to misplace the original e-mail I received when I first registered (how convenient ) and when I receive a token to varify that it's my account, it keeps saying it's invalid. And I tried to create a new account using my Yahoo e-mail address, but I haven't received the activation e-mail.

I've been playing around with the presets and last night I was happy with one that I made, but to save it I needed to login, and obviously I can't do that without a username and password.

I know you've been helping me enough already and you're probably getting fed up of me now but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuduli View Post
    So is there anything I can do to help you out in figuring the fluffy mane color problem? O.o
    Right, the fluffy mane problem XD
    So just to be sure, the only thing you can't change colours in the character screen is the fluffy mane, the one that has no textures, and its always red no matter how you slide the colour bars, while the others are fine?
    Also, may I know what's your graphics card and what version of windows you're running on?
    Lastly, are you running FH on OpenGL or Direct3D?

@KS: the activation email usually takes awhile to arrive, the account server system could certainly use some improvement. Just to check, did you create an account for FH before? Just in case you might think IT's account would work here, it's a common misconception

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    EDIT: It doesn't matter. I've received the activation e-mail, but it was in my Spam folder.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So, what are people's FH usernames so we can add each other to our Friend lists?

Mine is KanuTGL (now you didn't see that coming at all xD).

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mine is tarar1990. I was going to have TaraLioness but there was a bit of an error with my account as mentioned here before.

But yeah, it's not King Simba, so it's not so obvious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mine's Nuduli, but no one will find me because my internet got cut off yesterday. X.x I'm using my phone to be online now.

Kovu, all that is correct. I have Windows 2000 but I'm not sure how to look for my graphics card or even know if I'm using Direct 3D or OpenGL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey Kovu, what do you think of making things like actual gameplay part of customizing a map?

The default maps would have the generic behavior that you code, but perhaps other maps could use some sort of markup language to give it different gameplay.
    Stat tracking and stuff could be encrypted on the client computers for player made maps, while the main uses a secure server database instead.
    This would allow many different worlds with different game play and their own stats without placing a burden on the main server.

Obviously the markup language should have limited capability to prevent it from being a security risk to the clients or servers, but shouldn't be too limited.

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Utora is my username..surprise surprise.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    @Kovu: Hey, thanks for the waterfall tip, things are a lot easier now to get

Quote Originally Posted by King Simba View Post
    I've got FH working! Yay, now I can play the game on my desktop too. ^^
    Oh that's awesome, KS! finally we'll be able to see each other there

Anyway, for everyone else, my username is Leorgathar, as usual

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And my username is sombolia, to everyone's shock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuduli View Post
    Kovu, all that is correct. I have Windows 2000 but I'm not sure how to look for my graphics card or even know if I'm using Direct 3D or OpenGL.
    For graphics card, try Start -> Run (or windows key + R on the keyboard), and type msinfo32
    A window called "System Information" shoul pop up.
    Then click Components, then Display.
    The name of your graphics card should appear under "Name".

For OpenGL/Direct3D, inside FH, click Options, then the Video tab.
    What you're running on should be highlighted under "Rendering System".
    Much thanks for the help Nuduli

@Weylin: that sounds a great idea but you went too much into technical detail XD I'd be interested to know what kind of gameplay customizations you'd like to see.

@Leorgathar: Glad to be of help So if you need some peace, quiet and privacy from the crowd, just export a map you made, make sure you have "Has Portal" checked, then give KS the exported files to put in her "exports" folder, then find the portal to your map in the Cape of Distant Worlds. You'll have the entire map to yourselves, no one can come in unless they have your exported files.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh sorry, I thought I was talking your language there

Well, for customizations, some way for creating and modifying variables for things.
    If somebody wanted it to be realistic, they could declare variables for Thirst, Hunger, Health, Fat, etc.
    Actions, stances, mouse or keyboard input, location, or the passage of time could change variables. ie. Running would make Thirst raise faster. Sitting or laying would make it easier to conserve energy.

Also, someone might want to have a way to gain stats like Strength, Agility, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I could've sworn I saw KS with a post saying that she got an Ogre Exception: can't create settings file, but now I can't find it anywhere
    But anyway that error means windows 7 isn't letting FH create files in the directory you've installed it, you've to either run the game as administrator or give the game access rights to write files.

@Weylin: that sounds a tad too dynamic for a game XD it can be done, but I'll come to wonder how many players can actually use scripting to write decent gameplay. As of now the tools provided in FH have already confused enough players a dynamic user created gameplay system in a large virtual world certainly sounds a good idea though, but maybe not on FH. Still thanks for the input