FeralHeart Version 1.05 is out!
    Download Page

@KS: if anyone can resolve FH problems, it'll have to be me
    What's the error that you see?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is the latest error I keep getting:

The dreaded ogre error...

I've tried a few things out that was mentioned on the FH forums when I got the first error, and I've had a series of errors since I installed it this morning. I've just installed the latest version of DirectX, or what I assume to be the latest version anyway.

Any ideas of what I can do to resolve it?

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I use to have an error similar to this with IT and that's why I could never get into IT, I had XP back then too. I wish I knew computer stuff more KS, I'd love to help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I used to be able to use IT on XP, but I've never been able to use FH on either XP or Windows 7. I've tried a few things to resolve it but I don't seem to be getting any joy.

It's frustrating because I've heard so many good things about this game and I can't play because of this error.

But it's alright, thanks for the concern anyway. Hopefully I'll find a solution to this. I know a few people have had similar problems.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King Simba View Post
    This is the latest error I keep getting:

May I know what's your desktop resolution and colour mode? You can find out by right clicking on your desktop and click Properties, then the Settings tab, assuming it looks the same on windows 7.
    Don't worry, I won't stop trying until it works for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My desktop resolution is 1024 x 768.

As for colour mode, do you mean the colour management settings? It's quite different to XP.

My device profile for the colour system defaults is "System default (sRGB IEC61966-2.1)" if that makes any sense.

I've sent you a screen cap of the Colour Management Settings over PM, just so I don't flood this thread with unecessary screen captures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh yeah I forgot to mention, how come the fluffy mane color won't change from the red default?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuduli View Post
    Oh yeah I forgot to mention, how come the fluffy mane color won't change from the red default?
    It doesn't? I've never heard of that problem, but my guess would be that your graphics card doesn't support the material, hence it's running on a fallback material, which might be bugged 'cause i didn't get to test it much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe it's a directX problem, You should re-install your Direct X though. I always had that problem on Dolphin until someone mention that I didn't install any Direct X on my desktop!
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe if I just reinstall the whole game.... no idea. Everything else works fine except for that. However, I am also stuck with playing the game on my ancient Windows 2000.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuduli View Post
    Maybe if I just reinstall the whole game.... no idea. Everything else works fine except for that. However, I am also stuck with playing the game on my ancient Windows 2000.
    Oh no no no, i didn't mean you had to reinstall it. XD
    I'm more of thinking it's a bug that I have to fix, but I'll prolly need your help with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No worries, I didn't haha. But sure I can do my best to help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So I think it must just be me that never got the concept of games like these. Maybe because I've only played it once way back in the day and it wasn't really running right on the comp we had then.. So you just walk around as your cat dude and just walk up to other cat people and talk to them and run around all over the map? Forgive the ignorance.

I would try it again, but until I get my external harddrive I don't have much space left on my lappy. =/
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Haha well, I think the concept has always been about an interactive chat with friends more than a game, at least that's the way I've seen it
    It's a different way of interacting with people, and it can result quite useful too, like back in the Impressive Title days, it helped KS and me to feel closer than we actually are

Impressive Title also got to the point where there were different NPC animals to hunt, or to take as pets... you could also exchange items with friends. Not sure what Kovu's plans are for Feral Heart, though, but possibilities are wide and open, hehe

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's what I figured I guess I just never got into that in terms of gaming when I can just chat to people on msn or whatever, haha. I know, I'm weird like that. Still, when I get to the U.S and get some of my photos dumped off my laptop onto my external I'll give it another go.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    And worth mentioning too that it also stimulates creativity, the map making options and character customization is really impressive (yeah, had to use that pun at some point )

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's right. I can't wait to recreate Katai in there.

It's also worth mentioning here that FH works fine on my netbook, but still not on my desktop. I'd rather not use my netbook for that type of thing though as I have it mainly just for browsing the internet, and for when I go abroad. So ideally, I'd like to get FH to work on my desktop computer, as this is the one with the most space.

Hopefully Kovu will be able to help me find some sort of solution for that. If not, well, at least I have a back-up option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Leorgathar View Post
    Not sure what Kovu's plans are for Feral Heart, though
    WORLD DOMINATION
    Well I dunno really, I've been wanting to add proper gaming features like fighting and quests and stuff, but I haven't got much time lately.
    For now it's just trying to get it working for most people and adding moviemaking tools and such.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Haha I'd so be part of that
    Yeah, take your time for adding features and such to the game, outside life comes first after all, hehe. I still like it as a social game, and the map and preset makers are still great tools to play with

Btw Kovu, my map is going quite well, but I'm having problems figuring out how to put waterfalls and steam clouds there. Is it possible to do that in the map maker?

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Adding waterfalls and smoke to your map is the least you can do with it.
    Simply open up the Object Maker, also one of the Tools.
    Object Maker allows you to create virtually anything, which then you can save and place in your favorite map.

To create a waterfall in Object Maker:
    - click the Mesh tab
    - under Mesh:, type waterfall1.mesh and hit enter (waterfall1.mesh is located inside objects/misc folder)
    - click Add New, a waterfall should appear
    - move your waterfall up with the Position arrow buttons for Y:
    - click the Object tab, then Save under an appropriate name and group, if you like

To add smoke to your waterfall:
    - continuing from above, with your waterfall still open, click EffectMaker button below
    - click the Particle tab
    - under Particle Template:, type WaterfallSmoke (WaterfallSmoke is a particle effect inside water.particle, located in particles folder)
    - click Add New, smoke should now appear
    - move your smoke if you like or scale it with the Scale arrow buttons, note that scale only reduces the area the smoke appears in, not the size of the smoke itself, and 0 0 0 is the smallest possible scale
    - click the Billboard tab and ObjectMaker button to go back
    - Save your changes

Now you can go back to Map Maker and place your waterfall
    Yeah the interface isn't most intuitive, but it's pretty dynamic, i hope. You can assign the waterfall's moving material to a rock if you so wish.