Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: How To Train Your Dragon 2!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How To Train Your Dragon 2!

Sooo much excitement right now, the full trailer was just released. Words cannot describe how freaking excited I am Can't believe I have to wait until July for this thing!!!

That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    OK, so then what was the other movie besides the first one?? o_O

After the first one came out, another one came out, and I almost bought it in a combo-pack, it weren't just 1 + 2?

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The copy I have came with a bonus short film called legend of the bone knapper dragon. Then there's also two seasons of the tv series, but definitely no official second movie until this one is released.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Oh, could have been that then. Glad I didn't buy it, apperently didn't pay much attention to it, just assumed it was 1 + 2.

Finally saw the first one complete last night, around 2am, lol.
    I don't know what to think about it. It wasn't bad ... not at all.
    I don't quite understand how he knew what kind of dragon Toothless had to be, just because there wasn't a picture in the book he had of the Night Fury, how was he supposed to know it was Toothless?
    (or maybe I failed to see that in the movie)

And the ending, didn't see that coming at all with his leg.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Aaah, I am excited. But I feel that the trailer pretty much tells you the movie and spoils some majore surprises about the film. I had seen it before when a friend showed me and now I kind of wish I hadn't. xD I'm one of those people who likes to go into a book/movie experience with no idea of what they are about to be subjected to, heh. Still, looks like fun and I'll definitely see it! Find it kind of funny that Hiccup seems all boss and heroic now when before he was this shrimpy awkward kid. Also am wondering if I'll like Astrid more in this movie, because I really didn't like her in the first one.

TLKFAA DeviantArt Tumblr Twitter Instagram Facebook

“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
    And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, the whole reveal of who is behind the mask is probably the biggest secret of the movie, and you're right, they've blown it But there was no way I wasn't going to watch the trailer, I'm way too excited for that, haha. It will be interesting to see how they have developed and aged the characters, Hiccup isn't socially awkward anymore because he's the cool kid that saved everybody with his awesome Night Fury!

And Nathalie, he knew it was a Night Fury because he hit it with his weapon, he aims for the dragon that makes those sounds and fires that particular shot which is how he knows what it is, and he knows he hits it. So... it could only be a Night Fury. If that makes any sense

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Hmm, no, you lost me there, haha. Sorry, lol. There is nothing in the book he is looking at about a Night Fury, only the name is on top. So how do they know what sound it makes?

It might just be me, so don't worry, haha

Cartoon Network is airing the series right now.
    Oh my God ... even though it's also 3D, the backgrounds look awfull and fake, I don't understand why it can't look the same like the movie looks since it's all made by computer (not like in 2D where there would obviously be difference), you can definatly tell it looks very different.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Because they've labelled that sound as a Night Fury, even if they don't know what it looks like.

And the series doesn't have nearly the budget of a film, so they're going to have cutbacks somewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just watched the first movie in anticipation of seeing the sequel this Saturday!! Super excited!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm excited too!
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh boy, oh boy!! Loved it!

Definitely going to have to see it again before I can decide on specific things that I might not like. But all round, cool movie

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Great to hear. We unfortunately need to wait until mid of July before it starts here. I would really like to see it, although the story becomes pretty clear once you watched the second trailer.

The characters are now more grown in the second movie, so is the movie also more serious? I would regret it in this case, because I very much liked the mix of humor and seriousness in the first movie. They also kept it for the series as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yep, it's set five years on, so they're older and I love Hiccup's and Astrid's designs so much more. It still has a great mix of serious and humor, there was lots of laughter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh,I am so looking forward to watch "How to train your dragon 2"!I loved the first movie,the first CGI animation I really fell in love with.I've been also watching the series,which isn't too bad.

Sadly 2 more weeks of waiting...It comes out on the 2nd of July here.

Also,is it my idea or is this one of the first movie sequels without a side title?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The title is fairly long already, so I suppose that could be one reason for not having a side title. But I can think of quite a few movies that have done it; Rio 2, Toy Story 2/3.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The movie has been released here in brazil since last thursday, but because the world cup matches, i don´t know if i will be able to watch it yet this mont, but i really want to watch ASAP.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Finally saw this yesterday. I enjoyed it, but honestly I think the original was better. Toothless was still just as cute and I liked the older character designs of Hiccup and Astrid, but I guess I wasn't so super impressed with the story like everyone else seems to be. I still enjoyed it though and it's always fun to watch the dragons.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I also saw it the other day (with Sharifu and Sadiki) and my first impression is that I enjoyed it just as much as the first movie. The storyline is more complicated and the overall tone was darker than the first movie. I'm not sure how that would affect a child's enjoyment of the movie, to be honest, especially considered I've probably watched more family movies as an adult than as a kid -- but needless to say, I can definitely recommend it. The animation was well done and the score was appropriately epic. The main criticism I would offer is that they didn't do much with the side characters from the first movie, namely the young people (I guess they're adults now) from Berk. (Then again, there's a whole animated TV series devoted to them, so I suppose it could be forgiven.)

Also, as a long time fan of the band Sigur Ros, it was nice hearing the continued contribution of songs from the band's lead singer, Jón Ţór "Jónsi" Birgisson. It's been interesting to follow Sigur Ros's upward climb from relative obscurity to successful world tours and involvement with movies and TV shows such as Game of Thrones.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I saw it and even tough it being a great movie, it have some problems that are terrible: the first 20 minutes are quite boring and the whole story are too much complex and full of unexpected moments.
    It's a great movie, but I can't say it's better than the first. It have more action, it's true, but such problems, makes this second movie being at same level of the first.

Enviado de meu GT-S7273T usando Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally I wanted to see it with a fellow TLK friend, but they canceled the show, because of "organization problems". Did you ever heard that as a lousy excuse for there were not enough people to see it? But finally I had the opportunity to watch the movie, alone however, although as compensation our cinema showed it in the original version, meaning in English. At first I thought I would be alone, but there were a lot of foreign people there and a school class from England. It was very quite and peaceful, though. So why are they so much more educated than our kids? x'D Okay, from how they talk and behave I assume they came from some elite school or something like that and why they then go to Germany and watch the movie in English is another question...

In short, I really liked the movie. It was much more mature and serious than the first one, but Thiago is right, it was also more complex. They found a great balance between action, humor and touching moments, accompanied by another great peace of Score music from John Powell. True, it is partly different than the first movie, but Toothless is still as adorable with his cat like behavior as ever and although the characters are now grown up it didn't lost anything of the atmosphere which made the first one very special.
    The only critical point I have is, that they could have get more out of this conflict of Hiccup to be a dragon rider or a leader. And did someone understand how this bad guy Drago Bloodfist, managed to tame such a big dragon? I think this would have needed some explanation or I perhaps didn't get it.