Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scar debate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
    Rawr , Simba and Kovu are very sexy !!!
    Make that another one who has exactly the same thought. They're both awesome and they're both two of my most favourite characters.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

all magic comes with a price Opera Ghost's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like Scar he's awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't like Scar at all.
    I mean when you look at him as a villain, he's very well animated and cool and clever. But when I look at him for all the things he does in the movie.. I hate him.
    The thing missunderstanding.. I really don't think that's an excuse for killing your brother and planning to kill your nephew. That's totally sick. How can you do that?
    If Mufasa only knew.. (well if he knew TLK wouldnt be the same but anyways) about what Scar was going to do. He would have been banished far away long time ago.
    Uuuuh.. In some pieces of the movie I'm so mad at him. The evilness.. I just feel to smash him!!!!
    It's so SICK to blame Simba for Mufasas death and then tell him to leave.. Just to be the king. By doing that he gives Simba problems to deal with for life. The memories will always be stuck in Simbas mind no matter what.
    And when it comes to the end, he's a big sick liar. And he also turns his back on the hyenas, as the last way out (he thinks it is) to make Simba think in other ways. It's very good that he meets his faith in the end.
    That proves that he can't fight faith as he believe he can. And that a liar never makes it till' the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Nalinda
    I don't like Scar at all.
    I mean when you look at him as a villain, he's very well animated and cool and clever. But when I look at him for all the things he does in the movie.. I hate him.
    The thing missunderstanding.. I really don't think that's an excuse for killing your brother and planning to kill your nephew. That's totally sick. How can you do that?
    If Mufasa only knew.. (well if he knew TLK wouldnt be the same but anyways) about what Scar was going to do. He would have been banished far away long time ago.
    Uuuuh.. In some pieces of the movie I'm so mad at him. The evilness.. I just feel to smash him!!!!
    It's so SICK to blame Simba for Mufasas death and then tell him to leave.. Just to be the king. By doing that he gives Simba problems to deal with for life. The memories will always be stuck in Simbas mind no matter what.
    And when it comes to the end, he's a big sick liar. And he also turns his back on the hyenas, as the last way out (he thinks it is) to make Simba think in other ways. It's very good that he meets his faith in the end.
    That proves that he can't fight faith as he believe he can. And that a liar never makes it till' the end.
    Calm down dear, it's just a movie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think Scar was very clever and cool. I think his desire to be king and not getting to do so just drove him to insanity. Besides, there wouldn't be much of a movie without him!!! Besides, BE PREPARED is one of my favorite songs.

OT: I wonder if the line in BP, "...my words are a matter of PRIDE" are supposed to be a pun. As in it has two meanings: Scar wants the pride, and he's PROUD of himself...I dunno.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Although i get angry after the stampede scene, Scar is one of the best char in the movie. His green eyes reflect his envy, and his cunning thoughts are what gets him to the throne.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Iestyn
    Calm down dear, it's just a movie.
    Yeah I know, but it's still easy to hate cruel happenings!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He's obviously misunderstood. Cutie. *hugs Scar*

Scar: "I'm not cute!"
    Me: "YES YOU ARE!" *squeezes harder*
    Scar: >_O

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Missunderstood? In my opinion that's not an excuse for killing your brother, lie to the pride, and try to kill Simba!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think he's a bit insane in the head. A bad childhood kind of does that to you. I don't mind, though. Sure, I wouldn't want anything to do with someone like Scar in real life, but it's a movie, so that's fine by me. He's different than all the other villians and characters Disney has made and that's what I like about him. With Andreas Deja having animated him and Jeremy Irons as the voice, that's one heck of an awesome character in my book.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Scar is my favorite character and a successful villain. As far as why he is such a special character to me, I think it's because of his personality. He's a very sarcastic, witty, yet deceptive person, and he uses his own knowledge to plan Mufasa's demise. He's able to plan ahead in order to cover up Mufasa's death, planting the seeds of guilt in Simba so that no one suspects him for what he has done.

Based on a Tale of Two Brothers and TLK itself, I'd say extreme sibling jealousy is what drove Scar to murder Mufasa. In ToTB, Scar wasn't plotting Mufasa's death; he was merely trying to make him look bad so Ahadi would reconsider who should be next in line to be king. When his plans backfired, I think it made him even more bitter, along with the realization that his father was now reflecting negatively on him.

In TLK, with the birth of Simba, Scar had even more obstacles in his path to becoming king. The only way he could succeed was by removing Mufasa and Simba from the picture. Even though his original intent was not to murder anyone, this was what he saw as the only option left. He had to do it while Simba was still young so that Simba was still a naive, impressionable cub, making it easier for Scar to come off as never involved. That, and if Simba had been older, the stampede in the gorge would not have gone off as planned, nor is it likely Scar could've flung Mufasa from the ledge without Simba seeing him do it.

Scar is an accomplished villain; he goal was to become king while deceiving Simba and the pride, and he did just that.

On a more shallower note, his design is lovely and different; it complements his personality. Just look at him struttin his stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, obviously something must have happened in the past to get him to do that stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The problem's in one's life does not excuse them for their wrongful actions, no matter how horrible their life.

Whether Scar is a tragic character or not? I think so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sheaa
    Based on a Tale of Two Brothers and TLK itself, I'd say extreme sibling jealousy is what drove Scar to murder Mufasa. In ToTB, Scar wasn't plotting Mufasa's death; he was merely trying to make him look bad so Ahadi would reconsider who should be next in line to be king. When his plans backfired, I think it made him even more bitter, along with the realization that his father was now reflecting negatively on him.
    ToTB has gotta be one of the worst TLK prequels EVER written.

It presents Scar as a spoiled brat who seems to think everything should be handed to him. How does one neglected and passed over become a spoiled brat? Also, he's portrayed ignoring his father/studies, which doubly contratdicts him, as he's both the smart one, and vying for his Father's attention.

Meanwhile, everyone else seems to have escaped from a 50's sitcom, so perfectly perfect in every way. If Ahadi was such a perfect father, Uru such a perfect mother, and Mufasa such a perfect brother, Scar wouldn't be a problem, now, would he?

Also, it contains the second lamest scarring story I have read to date.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Shatara
    Also, it contains the second lamest scarring story I have read to date.
    What was the lamest?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sombolia
    What was the lamest?
    Chronicles of the Pridelands.

I mean Come On. A HONEY BADGER!?!?!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Shatara
    Chronicles of the Pridelands.

I mean Come On. A HONEY BADGER!?!?!?

I was thinking that.. I hated CotPL.

Taka must've been a real sissy if he got beat up by a magic white honey badger. Geez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes! When I read that I just raised an eyebrow at it, "What the heck?!" x) Glad someone agrees.

And yes, you make a good point. I think Scar's family had some problems. However, when it comes down to it, it is that one person's (ere.. lion's xP ) choice. And you can only blame yourself in the end.

(Odd, this reminds me of Veruca Salt from Charlie in the Chocolate Factory for some strange, odd reason O.o?! )

*walks off confused*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Ravoc
    And yes, you make a good point. I think Scar's family had some problems. However, when it comes down to it, it is that one person's (ere.. lion's xP ) choice. And you can only blame yourself in the end.
    Very true.

I personally think that Ahadi was rather spiteful of Taka (perhaps because he was fathered by another lion? would explain the drastic physical difference), and Sarabi leaving him for Mufasa pushed him over the edge. Of course, this doesn't absove him of blame, but is much more beliveable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, the honey badger scarring was lame. But I actually really liked CotPL, even if it did have some religious undertones.

At any rate, I love scar. I think he's misunderstood, something must've happened to him in the past to make him like he was. I think it had a lot to do with Mufasa being so aggressive/dominant over him (actually, Mufasa is my least favorite character in TLK). Scar's also sexy, and he's the only reason why I got back into the TLK fandom. I've always loved him, even when I first saw the movie back when I was 5.