Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: TLK *Sigh* -tings

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Jay Leno had all kinds of predatory animals on his show on Friday. In between animals, like while they were being walked out, the band would play Hakuna Matata.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My bio teacher made a reference to TLK this morning, we're talking about gene frequency and gene pools, and he just spouts out the "shallow end of the gene pool" line. I was impressed! quite an abscure quote!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had a similar experiance in english class yesterday. Our teacher wants us to make a venn diagram contrasing and comparing Hamlet to TLK. It's one assignment I don't mind!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I remember writing a paper about that in one of my university classes. I included other Shakespeare though, not just Hamlet.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been posting in this thread kind of a lot lately, haha oh well.

I Am America (And So Can You!) by Stephen Colbert is one of my favorite books; I was rereading recently and came across this passage I forgot existed. Of course if you're not familiar with Stephen's sense of humor the following might come off as kinda weird, lol:

Not content to pour their poison across the silver screen, the LA studio heavyweights who run Broadway are now evidently shipping it directly to the Heartland.

Need proof? Just look at this headline out of Wisconsin from the Appleton News-Leader:

Disney's "The Lion King" is about to hit town
    The staff at the Sommers Center for the Preforming Arts is preparing for the arrival of the Broadway hit. "Everybody is very excited," said town manager Barbara Kingholm.

Sadly, these milk-fed innocents clearly don't know what they're in for.

But I've been there, so let me warn you. The effects of live theater are way harder to shake off than movies. It's frighteningly intimate and, worst of all, you've got no control. It's like breaking up with a girl in person.

When I watch The Lion King at home, I can safely end the movie before Mufasa's untimely death. But when I bring my remote control to the live performance, it doesn't work. All I can do is watch helplessly while the hyenas execute their perfect crime.

"Slow down, you wildebeests! That lion is your king!"

Apparently yelling at the stage is verboten, even if to challenge Scar to pistols at dawn.

I am always ushered out at this point, but not soon enough to spare me a harsh dose of reality. You see, a movie you can dismiss when the lights come up.

But a play? Those animals were real people.
    lol TL;DR.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ thanks for sharing that Somby! I love Stephen Colbert xD