Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: TLK *Sigh* -tings

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I didn't catch that. I just got back from seeing it again too but I didn't hear that. I was just excited about seeing the Pizza Planet delivery truck.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just got back from Disneyland.. there was a marching band outside the castle, playing what I think was a heavily remixed version of "Be Prepared".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got out of my 12:30 class a couple weeks ago at the University of Washington, and I walk towards Red Square (kind of this brick-floored big open space in the middle of campus surrounded by libraries and lecture halls) on my way to the bus stop, and I start to hear what i think is TLK music... sure enough there were a group of young dancers and they were performing to "Hakuna Matata" blaring through two HUGE speakers, they looked to be probably 5th or 6th graders. It was quite cute and there were a lot of people watching!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Take a look at "L"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What's that from?

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's from a book I found at work today called "Groovy Movies" It's a kids book but it's quite funny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Haha that was amusing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In the CSI episode "Justice Is Served" (2001), the dog of one of the suspects is named Simba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    On Absolutely Fabulous one of the characters was here and there referencing the film. She did part of the begining of Circle of Life and later Hakuna Matata to some Simba plushes:

"(singing as the plushes) Hakuna Matata"
    "(speaking as herself) Hakuna Matata? Speak English! Lyrics by Andrew Lloyd Rice"

And a little later Elton John was in it, so I guess that's why she was doing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The other day when driving to Raleigh, we passed a truck that I swear had the ol' insignia on the door. Did a double-take, but didnt get a good look.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My sister bought some TLK diapers for my nephew a couple a days ago, i guess that counts as a sighting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    woah! that's awesome Tiki!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Don't know if this has been posted yet, but I saw TLKoB signs on The Pink Panther when Steve Martin goes to New York and buys a "damburgert"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Very, very obvious TLK sighting in the latest Simpson's episode. (Methinks the producers have a fascination with the film\play, eh? )

Anyway, the Simpsons are at the Springfield theater district and go to see an 'Itchy & Scratchy' musical that's blatantly like TLKoB. It opens with a mockup of 'nants ingonyema' and has the sun and has a cat standing on a version of Pride Rock holding up Scratchy. They have all the people in animal costumes chanting like in TLKoB and they even had people holding cat puppets and making them move like the do the gazelle puppets in TLKoB. They animated bits of the I&C musical, most of the songs\animation mimicking TLKoB. The theme song is The Circle of Knife And they showed the playbill, and the logo for the I&C musical was a knockoff of the TLKoB lion shilhouette.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Tiikeri
    Tiikeri found Pride Rock!
    Not perfect but still cool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    During the episode Rise of the Cybermen, (Dr. Who) the song "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" is played to drown out human screams.

n the episode The Christmas Invasion, the Tenth Doctor (David Tennant) references the song Circle of Life. Julie Gardner, the executive producer for Doctor Who, mentions in the audio commentary for this episode that the "Lion King speech" is one of her favourite parts of the episode.

Find the lion king on wiki and look at the trivia section near the end....

Also look at this

Does it say what i think it says?? i went through the film and reversed and hit play again and again and yes this is there! (but only for one frame)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kapasa
    Also look at this

Does it say what i think it says?? i went through the film and reversed and hit play again and again and yes this is there! (but only for one frame)
    Sooooo many topics have been made about that, you're not the first, and by gum you won't be the last. It does NOT say "SEX" as some retards think it does, it says "SFX" and was put there by the Special Effects team who were working on TLK.

HTH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    oh sorry to bring up an old topic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kapasa
    Find the lion king on wiki and look at the trivia section near the end....

Also look at this

wow that is interesting i never saw that before but i do admit it does look sorta like sex