Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Canned Hunting Petition

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Ravoc
    Pntbll, the Bible itself says animals are valued the same as humans. The only difference is that God said we have the right to eat them etc. etc..
    What? So animals don't have the rights to kill humans, yet humans have the rights to kill animals? And where does it say this in the bible? Also, we have the right to take somebody for granted, but it doesn't make it a morally correct decision to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We do not have the right to kill one another accept in war or defending ourselves <<

And as I said before (if anyone actually read my posts on this thread.. -__-;;; ) I don't know where it is, I mentioned where one can look though, if they really want to find out, in the beginning of Genesis >> *points to old post by himself*

Animals have the ability to kill humans. And it doesn't say in the Bible that animals can't kill humans, it only says that Humans can and it won't be held against them for it *shrugs* It doesn't say that for the animals, tis' is all I know and all I have to say *teleports to another thread*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by PhantomBPR
    Have you tried the micrib lately? I like to over salt mine.
    Mmmmm! Did somebody say "micrib"?

By the way, the "McRib" is also very good; you may want to try that next time you visit your local micdonalds... err..umm... McDonalds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Xinithian
    What? So animals don't have the rights to kill humans, yet humans have the rights to kill animals? And where does it say this in the bible?
    Genesis 9:2-3: And the fear of you and the terror of you shall be on every beast of the earth and on every bird of the sky; with everything that creeps on the ground, and all the fish of the sea, into your hand they are given. Every moving thing that is alive shall be food for you; I give all to you, as I gave the green plant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by PhantomBPR
    I like humans.
    Considering the toothiness of the smiley and its name, you forgot to add ".. with cheese" after your sentence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah, thank you Neph * t3h Neph*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    While I still don't see an animal having the same intrinsic (sp?) value as a person, I do think that if God gave us "dominion" over the Earth and the animals/plants on it (Gen. 1:28; KJV), we'd better not go around mistreating them. If someone gives you a house-sitting job (watching someone's house while they're away), you don't go tearing the house up. My personal belief is that the animals belong to nature, which belongs to God, and it's not good to mess up things that belong to God.

As for animals having equal worth as a human, I still don't believe that. I believe that an animal has just as much of a right to life as a human, as does a plant, insect, etc... But as a human, I don't feel bad saying that my species comes first when it comes down to important decisions. We don't expect a lion to look out for a human before it looks out for its own kind, and thus a human doesn't look out for another animal before it's own kind. I don't blame a dog if it hurts a person out of self-defense, it was protecting itself, but I do think it needs rehabilitated or put down so that it's not a threat to another human. Why? Because I'm looking out for my own kind before I look out for that dog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree with Pntbll...it's natural to look out for your own kind first...all animals do it...

As for the meat thing, there's nothing wrong in eating meat, but there is something wrong in treating animals in an inhumane way just for the sake of meat. I prefer the Native American apporach to animals, whenever I learn about Native American heratige, it seems to me that they really appreciated the animal to which they got food and other resources from..