Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: War of the Worlds...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

War of the Worlds...

is definitely going to be hard to beat for this summers best movie! I just got home from seeing it and it was AWESOME!!! Very creepy movie that had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. The ending could have used some work but I guess you could say it was ok. It is much different from the original War of the Worlds, so if you are expecting the same aliens hovering around, it's not going to happen. The aliens in this movie gave me the chills, they kind of reminded me of the aliens from ID4. Cruise did an excellent job in this movie and will probably get Best Actor. I'm not going to say a thing about the movie becuase it will ruin it, all I will say is that the Mustang in it was very cool

but overall I give it a 9/10 because like I said, it could have had a better ending, so now GO SEE IT!!!

p.s. also it showed the trailer for King Kong and it looks like a creepy movie and the T-Rex in it looks just like the one from Jurassic Park and King Kong is shockingly realistic!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've got an opportunity to see this on the last day of term. Sounds pretty cool. I just may go...depends.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It certainly does look very decent, I shall see it when it comes out over here (Friday)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i bet some people are suprised that i didnt start this, and maybe even more suprised that i havn't seen this film yet. but i promise you all that the manicaly depressed chicken will make it to the cinemas to see this film as soon as possible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not surprised you didn't start this thread actually I kind of thought people would have predicted me to make it first since I've been talking about it soo much like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and The Island

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm actually looking forward to seeing this movie...

...my only problem is...I'm not so sure I'll be able to watch Tom Cruise without picturing him jumping on Oprah's couch.

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've just came back....I liked it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    meh, not something that seem interesting to me oO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yet another I really want to see but probably won't get to -__-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got tickets for later tonight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'l probably see it on the weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the movie rocked!!! problem though...tonight is a thunderstorm and in War of the Worlds, it kind of has a thing with lightning and stuff and I'm kind of creeped out so I think I'll leave my tv on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Wicked

...my only problem is...I'm not so sure I'll be able to watch Tom Cruise without picturing him jumping on Oprah's couch.
    That sounds interesting

I'm sort of looking forward to seeing this movie, even if it's not a great movie i'm sure it'd be nice to see at the cinemas though, with all the special effects.

Most of the things i've heard about it have been very positive, and some Australian critics gave it a very high rating, and they are usually pretty tight. The thing that puts me off a little bit is that Roger Ebert only gave it 2 stars, and he's usually pretty accurate to what i think

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Roger Ebert is my hero :kovusmile xD

But seriously, I usually trust his reviews as well since he's genuinely right on aobut most movies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wanna see it soon! :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Ravoc
    Roger Ebert is my hero :kovusmile xD

For some reason, that made me laugh

But yes, i usually carefully note what Ebert says about movies, because i do find that i usually agree with him. He's a good guy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The mere thoughts of seeing it gave me nightmares last night. o_o

That can't be a good sign.

You say there's a Mustang in it?! Hmm. That reason alone might inspire me to be brave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I will definately go and see this movie then, i have seen the trailer and it looks so cool. Stephan speilburg did it again, another great movie I loved his land before times and fievel goes west:P
    But this Wars of the world wahey a movie were the space invaders get another kick at earth...
    King Kong??????? Craziness

A mustang hmmmmmmm i love mustangs, if anyone touches it , i'll have their heads lol j/k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Heh, the mustang gets a less then 10 second spot in the movie. Though his kitchen looks like my other room. Engine parts laying all over the place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    muwahahahaha Yes the Mustang only gets to be in the movie for a short period of time but we get to see Cruise drive like a maniac in it