Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Confusing Christianity?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question Confusing Christianity?

Alrighty.. due to a thread that is bashing Christianity a bit, I decided to make a thread that might explain it a bit more for those that have questions. ^^ If you have questions you'd rather not post, then feel free to send me a PM.

I'm also curious as to how many Christians there are at Lea, and what denominations you are a part of. For anyone who may not know, denominations would be something like; Catholic, Orthodox, Baptist, Nazarene, Presbyterrean, Mormon, Pentecostal, etc... or if you don't have a denomination, then you'd be classified as non-denominational.

Anyway, there you have it ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why are we being overran with religious threads so much nowadays?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    First of all, I'm Catholic.

I'm actually getting sick of all the bashing of religion. Not all Christians are those wacko extremists, all right?*scampers off*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I can't explain the other thread Neph, it still confuses me a bit. But myself and other Christians such as Katse for example may feel a bit attacked by a thread that bluntly states that they hate our religion. For a Christian, it would be like going up to a person who loves TLK and saying "I hate TLK, it sucks!" So.. there ya go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ... I wouldn't care if someone hated TLK, or anything else that I like. Purely because it makes no difference to my feelings and such. *shrugs*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's good Neph But othe rpeople aren't so .. some people come to this place expecting friendliness and see that thread and feel a bit like they've been kicked in the face =P

I don't want Lea to be like that for people or myself. Thus, the religion thread came into existence ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have a question...

If Satan and God are both powerful on the same level (that's what I've been told - God and Satan are equal in powers), why couldn't God get rid of my birth defect?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    God and Satan are not equal in power, God is stronger than Satan and could easily get rid of him, but he works in mysterious ways.

Birth defects are a hard subject. Perhaps there's a reason why you have it, so that you can bring comfort perhaps to others who hav eit? To tell them that you know what they might be going through?

God has a special plan for all of his children, even the ones that claims he doesn't exist, but it's our choice if we follow that path or not. Maybe yours has something to do with your defect? Maybe something completely different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by ChildOfThePride
    I have a question...

If Satan and God are both powerful on the same level (that's what I've been told - God and Satan are equal in powers), why couldn't God get rid of my birth defect?
    Original sin?

And as Ravoc said, they are no way equal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My church (that I used to go to) was wrong then...hm....

Thanks for answering mah question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sur ething, glad to help if I did

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm Evangelical Lutheran, baptised, but I'm more a scientist than a humanist. In fact, way more.

I find it kind of funny, how you seem to aknowledge god being way more powerful than satan as facts. There's no proof of that - you only have your individual belief.

In all possibility, hell is stronger than heaven - and fire burns hotter than love. It might be that there is no peace or forgiveness. In fact, since there is no proof of this either, it's equally as possible as your presentation.

If you know what Karl Marx said about religions and people - that's the way I feel about them these days. Yah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If bad was stronger than good, then why doesn't Satan just destroy God? Or why did he let Jesus die on the cross? Or why doesn't he invade Heaven and Earth? And how did God throw him out of Heaven?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, to cut this short, I have a hard time believing in anything supernatural, such as ghosts, magic, gods and all that fall in the same category. Yet, I believe that everything is possible.

But to respond to those, well, as everything is possible, how could we know if Satan had destroyed God or visa-versa? Heaven and Earth cannot be linked together like that either, one is physical the other is a supposed non-physical/physical domain of divine. And yada-yada.

Oh well. =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm.. well Tigris, you're entitled to your beliefs just as I am mine =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *chuckles*

Of course, of course. Naturally I don't mean to sound hostile here. All information just needs to be questioned to make things more fun, as there's always the chance for things not being the way one would think. All is possible in this world gone wild.

Nice homepage, by the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah, thanks Tigris for visiting my site ^^

And indeed, all information shoul dbe investigated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sometimes bad is stronger than Good...and sometimes Good is stronger than bad. You have your works of Satan and your Works of God. Examples would be drugs destroying families and individuals, and people taking you in when you are homeless and giving a kidney so that someone may live.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah, yes, in the individual person bad can definitely be stronger than good Roog I have no doubt of that at all *compares Hitler to Ghandi*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hmmmm, slight contrast there Ravoc