Thanks Thanks:  1
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Post your non-tlk fanart

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, the animation looks really natural, it's very good It's understandable your decision not to complete it, but you have it in you. It'd be interesting to see more from you ^^

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks so much you guys. I hated giving up on the project, but I just felt like it was draining on me and I was wasting his time. I've always wanted to animate something for myself, I have a TLK animation I've always intended to finish from way back in 2009 but it's such a huge project and I was far too ambitious Still, I do enjoy animating, I just don't seem to have the endurance for it.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just saw what you uploaded Azerane, that really is awesome. All your Watership Down fanart is fun, but every time I see your rabbits moving it's like watching scrapped animation from the movie, super super cool.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

15 frame animation of a horse running. took me many hours to make it fluid..that and I only use my mouse.

Byzantine angel. I am going to be doing more oil based works in that genre but, digital is fun too!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow, that's impressive--especially if you only had a mouse to work with. D: I could never make my lines that nice using a mouse, very cool.

My second Disney love is Beauty and the Beast (well, also Bambi, but I don't have any current fan art of that) so here is a beastly doodle. :3

TLKFAA DeviantArt Tumblr Twitter Instagram Facebook

“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
    And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well I tried doing more anthro like works for my fox character.

WARNING; MATURE CONTENT
    - NUDITY

http://3axapko.deviantart.com/art/Furry-Fox-361639014

I warned you so don't complain.
    Anyways, I like how she turned out; furry art is new to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Love that horse animation and that Beast, he's all like... tough and beastly.

I think you've done well with the anthro form, it's a tough form to get the hang of, I find humans hard enough to begin with but then you have to bring a certain amount of animal element into it to. You've done well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, Mufasa, the anthro looks good. Their hands and feet are always a nightmare to design because you have to make it look animal-like instead of human hands & feet (that are bad enough to have to draw if you ask me) I think you got it right in this drawing which is extra awesome if you're new to them. You did a great job on the hands on your Byzantine angel up there, too, though, maybe they aren't as problematic to others!

And Kasei--your Beast looks so FLUFFEH! XD
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Awesome Beast! I love the way you defined his ribs for some reason haha.

Wow, I haven't seen your art in a long time Mufasa, you've improved a lot!! I love your coloring.

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

http://fav.me/d64aue0

So I learned a new way to color; I drew this sketch at work. Yes, we were so busy, obviously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A little wallpaper I made for Mufasa and me. :3

http://vladimir.belohradsky.cz/lionwallpaper.jpg

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    That's really cool, Lweek! I've always wondered how people make these "word art" images. Is there a certain technique to it or do you just have to sit and piece it all together? :P

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @KanuTGL: I've got a software for it. It is called "Wordify" and it cost $5 on MAC OS X AppStore. I guess it is MAC only unfortunately. But if you want create such picture, give me BW "silhouette" and words/text you want to use and I'll create it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A quick image for an online friend who just had to put her pet rat of 2 1/2 years down.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Almost a year ago and I never commented on this D: That's a beautiful drawing, Azzy, and very thoughtful of you, I'm sure your friend appreciated it

I recently did this drawing with Mother's Day in thought (I think I'll be doing some specific holiday-inspired art through this year, it helps with the art block sometimes xD)
    This is Cuauhtzin (as a little chick) with her mother, Patlani. Feels good to draw eagles again

Attachment 723

Here's also a speed drawing video of how I did this ^^

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Awww. That's really cute, Leor!
    I'm glad you found a way to work around certain art blocks and I didn't know that you could draw eagles that good. Really amazing and I love the style

@Azerane: I'm sorry for not commenting on this ealier. I second Leor: That was really nice of you. It's always sad when you have to put down an animal you love dearly

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    A belated thanks, Kirauni ^^ I still gotta get better with eagles, though xD

I just decided to finally change my avatar to my updated version of Coatl, which looks more like a proper jaguar now ^^
    Here's the full size

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Very cool Leor, looks awesome

Also a belated thanks for the comments on my pic from last year

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    God I have been so busy, to get ANY art done is a blessing.
    Several hours in photoshop on Thursday.....

The other week, I was searching the Balrogs. I'm always the one who instead of running from the fire (literally) I am attracted to it, and all the dark characters that fall inside of it usually. I discovered the story of the Silmarillion and felt like there is an entire world within a world of LOTR. I could not stop reading; when I discovered the origin of Sauron I sadly felt some connection...and I say sadly because that's not something anyone wants to hear I'm sure.

Originalled named Marion, he was as Eru (God) had created him: good and un-corrupt. His greatest virtue was his love of order and perfection, disliking anything wasteful. However, this would also prove to be the source of his fall, for in the Dark Lord Morgoth, Mairon saw the will and power that would help him achieve his own goals and desires faster than if he had pursed them on his own. So great was his allegiance that even in later days, after Morgoth was defeated and locked outside the confines of the world, Sauron encouraged and coerced some Men to worship Morgoth as the one and true god. However, while Morgoth wanted to either control or destroy the very matter of Arda itself, Mairon's desire was to dominate the minds and wills of its creatures. Sauron ("The Abhorred"), was a fallen Maia, the creator of the One Ring, and the most trusted lieutenant of his master Melkor (Morgoth, the first Dark Lord). After Melkor's defeat in the First Age, Sauron became the second Dark Lord and strove to conquer Arda (Middle-earth), creating the Rings of Power for this purpose. In the Second Age, he was defeated in the War of the Last Alliance by the last line of defense: Elves and Men under kings Gil-galad and Elendil.

While I can't relate to being some dark lord and destroying the world, I can easily relate to the aspiring virtue of love for order and perfection, the world of reason over emotion, and I am sure his original character (Meiron) lived inside this. He let it consume him and then sought to bend the will of all the creatures of Middle Earth. It is the far end of the spectrum for a world of hard, brutish logic that I hope to never know but am already bound to roam.