Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: and now I hate christianity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Nephilim
    Yup.

But who knows? Maybe this'll change with time. I mean, before black people were viewed as sub-human, and therefore not allowed to be a part of Christianity in some places. *shrugs*
    I have to agree with Neph on that one. Gota rember that they made those rules up a long time back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why is it that every time a debate involving Christianity comes up, the debate on homosexuality comes with it. It's like people, especially zealots, are obsessed with homosexuality, even though it's a very very minor detail in the Bible (Regardless of whether you interpret it as being a sin or not). Hell, people will argue to the brink of a fist-fight over whether homosexual people should be allowed to go to church but the same people will hardly give a damn when a more important topic comes up (Murder, for instance). Seems to me that the homosexuality debate has very little to do with religion at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by pntbll248
    Why is it that every time a debate involving Christianity comes up, the debate on homosexuality comes with it. It's like people, especially zealots, are obsessed with homosexuality, even though it's a very very minor detail in the Bible (Regardless of whether you interpret it as being a sin or not). Hell, people will argue to the brink of a fist-fight over whether homosexual people should be allowed to go to church but the same people will hardly give a damn when a more important topic comes up (Murder, for instance).
    I belive in god, but I don't always like the way the church is run, personaly, being straight, I never really cared about there belifes on homo and bisexuality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OK Huma, i can see where you're coming from with your points, i respect your opinion

I hope i didn't offend you in any way with my opinions

Regarding the debate about homosexuality and the Bible, i wouldn't know what the Bible says about it, but i don't believe you'd burn in hell merely because of your sexuality. As STL said, people can't help it if they are homosexual/bisexual...i mean who would deliberatly choose to be like that when there's so much negative social stigma attached to it? But anyway, I wouldn't agree with any religion that tried to change the person you are, and i believe God would accept people as they are naturally...i think that made sense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm a christian, but I know everyone has opinions. Its something that I really appreciate in my life and would love other to be able to experience as well, but its not something you force on people. Otherwise they'll freak out and think you're just trying to convert them! But I've found everyone on this forum so far to be really nice, and I hope everyone remains friends no matter what their beliefs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Ravoc
    Judaism, Islam, Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism... all of those will change you...

Athiesm and Science won't change you, but they're not religions, they're the opposite of religion.
    Atheism and Science aren't in oposite to religion.

Science is completly something else and have no connection to religion. Exepts some religionist step over scientist with their very personal ethic. Science is about research, religion is about soul hygiene (as long as I see it).

Athiesm isn't in oposite to religion either. If somebody don't believe in God that doesn't mean he/she have no soul.

--------------------------------

Biblic stories are based on "let say" usual life stories just little bit covered by mystic. My own life is full of stories which some of them are less or more pareler with biblic stories, but I don't call my life religionic. If you want, you can see paralers betwen many stories.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    --Thread Closed?

Sorry people were not meant to argue and debate about religion here. This thread has been found inappropriate by a few moderators.

If you want to continue to discuss this please use a chat client. Thank you, and sorry agian.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    --Thread Opened?
    --Thread Renamed?

Lea has no policy agianst debates, but has one about
    "..name-calling, put-downs or harassment of other Pride Members."

put-downs can be, in this case, talking bad about ones religion.. thats what the people who complained saw, and unpon investiagtion... its what i saw..

People take religion very serious, as for me, either way I don't care what anyone has to say about religion, simply because I'm not religious.. so dont mistake the fact that I closed the threads as something personal..

However, some good points have been brought up that i cannot ignore and the threads are to be opened immedelity.. however the "and now I hate christianity" thread is going to be renamed to "christianity viewpoint".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sweet!...Fuzzy opened the thread back up...

Originally posted by Lweek

Biblic stories are based on "let say" usual life stories just little bit covered by mystic. My own life is full of stories which some of them are less or more pareler with biblic stories, but I don't call my life religionic. If you want, you can see paralers betwen many stories.
    This just reminded me...I was reading that archeologist found something in Isreal that is evidence of a Biblical story...I forgot what story but it his to do with the Israelites (if that's the correct name) traveling from Babylon to some place in modern Israel...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Lion The Witch and The wardrobe is loosley based on the religon of Christianity, you have to remember when it was written many people were religious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SoniqueX
    Hardly. That sounds like a scapegoat conjecture to me.

The need for a belief system is very critical in our modern lives, and the need for the nurturing of a belief system that is based on the ethical treatment of all people is not only the most desirable, but also perhaps our best representation of that ultimate reality.

We need to maintain an open mind toward the true nature and being of God. In fact, some would suggest that it is sacrilege to pretend to know too much about the true nature of God. Perhaps the word ?God? is not even the correct word.

It may be that the limitations of our culture and of our language make any words or any descriptions inadequate. As such all our explanations and descriptions of God are (1) human creations, and (2) they are less than the real thing. As human beings there is a fundamental need for both meaning and connection to the sacred.

We fill that need by developing and perpetuating belief systems, which in turn become powerful influences on our lives. The fit between our belief systems and our experiences can produce what I will refer to as ?truth experiences,? but a lack of a good fit leaves the human experience wanting.
    I realize that you wrote this a few months ago, Sonique... but I just wanted to pull it up and say - Amen. I have never had my own thoughts on the subject of religion/beliefs translated so perfectly.

TLTWaTW was a story based on Christitanity. In fact, The Chronicles of Narnia are all stories based on Christianity. Some more so than others, but it's there. Read 'The Final Battle' or 'The Last Battle'.(can't remember the exact title) That's the end of the series and has the most similarities with the bible. (metaphorically, of course)
    You can still choose to take the story at face value. I can, and do, as I'm not a Christian.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In other words, I think we've had enough of these kinds of threads(religion, catholics, church, yadda yadda).... :/

Pleast note that I AM christian, but seeing a million threads about it on here isn't my idea of 'fun'.

Sorry for going off topic there...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know how old this thread is so forgive me if I'm brining up a really old topic.

I didn't read everything. I read up to like the middle of page three and I couldn't read anymore. I am a Christian and it breaks my heart to see so many people speak of God and the Bible as a way to ruin their lives etc etc. I have quite a bit I could say on my views but they may be very long and I don't wanna get into a huge debate or anything (they always end up depressing me). All I will say on the whole Christianity subject is that I do believe in the one all-powerful God of the Bible. It's true that we tend to only believe the things we can see and touch and hear etc but God proves his existance in other forms (we sometimes call it "luck" or "chance" or "fate" etc). People sometimes tend to think that Christians think they're better than everyone else. Trust me, that is not true! When I tell my friends about how I go to church faithfully every Sunday morning, evening and Wednesday night, it's because I'm NOT better than everyone else. I NEED church. I need Christian friends to help encourage me to do right while we worship our Lord and God. If I never went to church, I'd stray farther and farther from my Christian beliefs and probably end up becoming just like the world.

One more thing: I saw someone mention something about Jesus and how he came to earth as one of us but doesn't care for us (or something... forgive me >.<). He fact is that he came here to this sinful earth with his sinful creations so that he could say "I know how you feel and I did this becuz I love you". How could we really believe someone who hasn't experienced what we've gone thru? He came and knew pain and sorrow and heart ache. He KNOWS how we feel and he wants to help us. He died for us and even rose again from the dead. He doesn't want bad things to happen to us... he only LETS the bad things happen. Satan causes the bad times. God lets us go thru them so we willl turn to him and trust him to carry us thru the hard times. He is our creator and we should trust him.

Sorry this is so long. >.< I meant for it to be shorter, but I tend to describe things thorughly. Forgive me. This is partly an overview of what I believe. I honestly feel sad when I see others reject Christ, especially when they're my friends or people I know well. I hope I didn't sound offensive... If I did, I'm sorry. This is my view and I respect yours as well.

Thanks for taking time to read this.
    Artwork:
    Lion King Fanart Page · Deviantart Page ·
    Furaffinity Page

Telegram: @EvaJanus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The following is quoted from disscusion board of www.imdb.com

Q: Isn't the story of Narnia really a Christian allegory? How is the film going to handle all of that stuff? Cut it all out, or leave it in and play it up too much?

A: The Chronicles of Narnia are not exactly an allegory, at least in the strictest sense of the word.

Warning: Story Spoilers Follow Below.

Aslan's story in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is a mirror of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ as told in the New Testament of the Christian Bible. And there are many parallels to Christian themes throughout the entire Narnia series. However, the Chronicles as a whole are not strictly a direct allegory of the entire Christian Bible. Lewis himself considered it more of a "suppositional," and readers tend to take whatever messages they want from books.

From a letter C. S. Lewis wrote, to some Maryland fifth graders in 1954, on the subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I did not say to myself 'Let us represent Jesus as He really is in our world by a Lion in Narnia'; I said, 'Let us suppose that there were a land like Narnia and that the Son of God, as he became a Man in our world, became a Lion there, and then imagine what would happen.'"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/...s/cs-lewis.htm)

Here is another quote from Lewis on the subject of Narnia as allegory from an essay he wrote entitled Of Other Worlds:

"Some people seem to think that I began by asking myself how I could say something about Christianity to children; then fixed on the fairy tale as an instrument, then collected information about child psychology and decided what age group I'd write for; then drew up a list of basic Christian truths and hammered out "allegories" to embody them. This is all pure moonshine. I couldn't write in that way. It all began with images; a faun carrying an umbrella, a queen on a sledge, a magnificent lion."

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronicles_of_Narnia)

And this is what the director of the film, Andrew Adamson, has to say about the Christian symbolism in the story at the San Diego Comic-Con event in July 2005:

During the Q 'n' A, Adamson answered the question on many people's minds about whether the religious aspects of Lewis' books will be prevalent in the film version. "These days, people either read it with the spiritual meaning that C.S. Lewis intended or they read it as a great adventure story," he said. "What I was really doing was making a movie that was true to C.S. Lewis' book, so if you found spiritual meaning in that, you'll find the same in the movie; if you enjoyed it as an adventure story, you'll enjoy the movie as an adventure story."

(http://www.comingsoon.net/news/comic...s.php?id=10434)

So you can appreciate LWW without knowing the parallels in it, but those symbols and double meanings are there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Scorplion
    I realize that you wrote this a few months ago, Sonique... but I just wanted to pull it up and say - Amen. I have never had my own thoughts on the subject of religion/beliefs translated so perfectly.

You can still choose to take the story at face value. I can, and do, as I'm not a Christian.
    I try and sympathize with today's religions, but sometimes they seem so obtuse. There's a battleground, a supremacy, that religion obides by themselves to. Whether it's survival of the fittest, conquest, or their rendition of morality, "control" is a constant.

People whom live religiously (and I'm talking about people who fornicate themselves to whereas they take the good and the bad, turn it into the bad, to their liking...), normally conceive a venue of misinterpretation.

Relgions will change, no matter WHAT the controlling factor is. Back then I bet it was easy to follow biblical teachings, but now since we live in a whole new era, comparatively speaking, how can one truly interface (especially those circumstances...) ?

I guess living in a superficial world, it's not that hard. -- I really believe though, even if religion destroys the world as we know it, we will still have an everlasting hope.