In my mind, religion is the most unfortunate thing to happen to the human race. It's a means to gain control over people and to find justifications for hating one another. It's a way to divert the blame from a person for doing wrong, or to punish one. It's a means through which people can argue and complain, and a way to be able to be offended. If you're looking for a way to make yourself think you're better than others, start with a religion. It's a vessle from which closed-mindedness flows.

I'm not religious. I do, however, follow Christ. I consider that faith. Many other people do too. I don't know where this whole "It's against the Bible" thing came from; I guess some people don't understand that their beliefs don't dictate others. Some people also don't understand that there's as many interpretations of the Bible as there are people who follow it; of course, they'd much rather be told what to think. I'm always willing to tell others about what I believe and my faith in Jesus Christ for forgiveness and salvation, but unless I'm asked, I try to keep my faith to myself. I do read and meditate the Bible, but I also accept that there's so many interpretations of it, varying from person to person, that my beliefs are something that belong to me. I don't get on someone if they belong to another faith either, who am I to tell someone what to believe?

Many, many, many stories/movies/performances/books are based on religion, including the Bible. Similarities between a story and the Bible are common, sometimes even surprisingly similar. I don't think that demeans from the Bible, or the story for that matter.

And yes, I know someone's probably gonna be offended; I'm pretty sure they'll live though. In my defense, I wasn't referring to anyone here.