Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Diana Krall

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Diana Krall

I was just wondering if anyone here has actually heard of, or even possibly likes, the music of Diana Krall? In case you've never heard of her (as i hadn't until a few months ago), she's a jazz pianist/vocalist. She also sings lots of other types of songs too, i don't know the exact genre of them all

http://www.dianakrall.com

When i first found out about her from a friend, i wasn't very interested in that type of music, but needless to say, it's grown on me quite a bit over time I bought her 'Live in Paris' concert DVD, and i think it's great - highly recommended if you like her type of music

On her website, there are some sample video clips under the 'media' link. I'd say "The Look of Love" is the best song available there, i don't really like the clip a lot though..."A Case of You" is also nice, it's from the Paris DVD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jazz...Sweet!!!...I love Jazz...I will have to check her out. ....My favorite Jazz musician is "Yard Bird" Parker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My parents love her, they have all her CD's.
    I'm not a Fan but I love many of her songs ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by lion_roog
    Jazz...Sweet!!!...I love Jazz...I will have to check her out. ....My favorite Jazz musician is "Yard Bird" Parker
    I hope you like her! She doesn't just sing jazz however, a lot of her music is slow, ballad type music i guess . One particularly jazzy sort of song would be 'Love me Like a Man', you might like that I'll have to check out "Yard Bird" Parker too.

Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
    Mmm !!!

Hehe, I hadn't previously heard of her, nor heard any of her music...
    Hehe, yeah, i chose that pic because i thought she looked particularly nice there I heard her music before i found out what she looked like, but it was surprising to find out she sings great and also looks great Anyway STL, you should check out a couple of the sample songs on her website. You might not like it at all, but that's fine - i understand it's pretty different to what most people would normally listen to.

Originally posted by BlueStef
    My parents love her, they have all her CD's.
    I'm not a Fan but I love many of her songs ^^
    Good to hear someone here has heard of her! At moment i don't have all of her music, but i'm working on rectifying that problem soon

Recently she performed here in Melbourne, and i am really disappointed that i didn't get to see her. By the time i realised i liked her and found out she was down here, it was too late to get tickets . But, what can you do?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I saw her live in San Francisco about five years ago. She is not only an outstanding vocalist but a great pianist and songwriter.

I don't like her "arranged" recordings such as "A Look of Love" but enjoy her smaller ensemble work, particularly where she sings her own songs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Her music's on the radio now and then. Pretty good music too.:P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    haha..
    her husband is elvis castello..
    i like the type of song

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ...Yes, I will have to check out that song... ...maybe I can find a CD here at Barnes & Noble or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Woes
    I saw her live in San Francisco about five years ago. She is not only an outstanding vocalist but a great pianist and songwriter.

I don't like her "arranged" recordings such as "A Look of Love" but enjoy her smaller ensemble work, particularly where she sings her own songs.
    You're lucky to have seen her perform I'm still kicking myself that i didn't get to see her

I can understand how you feel about her 'arranged' music, it is definitely different to a lot of her other stuff. But i enjoy it all. It's interesting how she can go from basically singing by herself with the piano, to a full scale orchestral-backed song

And i agree, the songs she's written herself are great. I like 'Departure Bay' in particular...makes me think of a small quiet place in the country (Canada) at dusk, with a pier out onto a lake, and mountains in the distance...basically a feeling of tranquility i guess

It's good when music can make you imagine things