Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Maths with STL =D !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think he ment position

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    oi -.-; *drops dead right now from all the math*

Thanks for the offer though STL,b ut anytime that I don't have to do math, I don't do math. But perhaps you can answer me a question...

Why do people on one side of the world call it math's' and the other side calls it math' '?

Other than that I don't think I'll be returning to this thread as it's giving me a head ache xD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So the name is actually poisson? I mean I saw it in the link.. What does that mean?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Ravoc
    Why do people on one side of the world call it math's' and the other side calls it math' '?
    I think we use the singular form because it designates a generality occurrence 'mongst us all, most logically.

However, using the plural form is most correct, because there's more than one type of math, indeed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah okay. I think I'll stick with calling it all 'Headache Generator' and be done with it hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
    Sorry mate, I can't do that; haven't studied anything like that before... however, here is a website that might help you =) :

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/PoissonDistribution.html
    Aww, i was hoping to get a personal tutor.
    Thanks, though.
    Can ya believe that was a mere 3 mark question of a paper i'm about to take?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, you are so smart SimbaTheLion. The most complicated thing I can do is geometry and answering algebra II equations.

y = mx + b.

Ax + By + C = 0
    Where A is not equal to 0

x/a + y/b = 1

Point slope formula:
    y = m(x - a) + b

Given two points, one can draw a line between the two points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Ravoc
    Ah okay. I think I'll stick with calling it all 'Headache Generator' and be done with it hehe
    Not even the mighty aspirin, shows no promise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The next maths lesson for me is tomorrow. If I need any help with anything I do in tomorrow's lesson, I know which lion to come to.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ouch... if I had maths for that long, I'd be bored sick.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    me, i'd just BE sick!

and i'm doing it for A-level too...

*goes green in the face*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We had an English mock exam a few weeks back and I finished about an hour early. The exam was 2 hours long, so I was just sat there for an hour. I nearly fell asleep whilst the examiners walked up and down looking over my shoulder. They have no idea how much that puts me off sometimes...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
    What maths topic does that question fall under? Where a topic would be like calculus or trigonometry for example? I haven't covered all of the A-level work here in the UK (work done when aged 16-18), so I'm not sure how everything works ...
    Poisson Distribution falls under Statistics. Statistics is a huge topic. Takes up 70% of the paper from what i've heard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't like long English essays. I need to take descriptive statistics for my computer major. I played around with statistics with OpenOffice.org's spreadsheet program.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Alright, today I did algebraic expressions. I think I have got the hang on how to do them but I'm still not sure in parts. If you know anymore about this, feel free to post extra info about it. =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We did multiplying and adding with them I think. If you don't know what I mean, it doesn't matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well what we were doing is something similar to this. Sorry, I haven't got my exercise book with me so I can't copy down a question that I did. Here's an example anyways...

4n (6x x 3)

We then did some dividing and stuff like that. We're using brackets in some of the questions too btw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for you help STL, the sine and cosine rule did come up on my exam, and i was fully prepared for that question.

thanks again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks a lot STL. I'll have a proper read through it later. =)