Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here's a weird question: European food/stuff they don't have in America...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah man that all sounds great STM... I can't wait to have Italian pasta.

We'll be in Venice in Italy. It's too bad I don't like seafood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, you must try pasta while you're in Italy. You'll enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leorgathar View Post
    As for Germany, you could try HARIBO gummies, they have a lot of variety, not just gummi bears
    I recommend the Starmix myself, but the cola bottles are always my favourite.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Senior Member Wide Eyed Wanderer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Haribo's were full of artificial colourings for years so I've never actually tried them (allergies!), I can vouch for Milka chocolate though. I'm really not a chocolate person but Milka is delicious!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Milka chocolate is one of my favourites too. I like Milka Happy Cows the best, but they're really all delicious. I haven't tried any for a while though.

I like a lot of chocolate. Can you tell?

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I personally am hard to please when it comes to candy. I really don't like most HARIBO candies, those taste like wax coated shoe bottoms to me. I always have a weird texture in my mouth after eating them. I used to like them when I was a kid, but now days there is so many better candies at least in Finland, but that is not where you're going Sombolia so I wont be telling you what to try there...

I would also recommend you Fazer's chocolate bars, but I don't think any of the central Europe countries cell that, but if you run into some place that does sell it. Give it a try. Audra really loves Geisha ( milk chocolate bars with hazelnut filling ) and Maya ( milk chocolate bar with hint of chili in it ), but I do fear you wont be finding any.

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SimbaTheLion View Post
    That's about it. If you're in England, you'd better make a point of coming to see me after all those years in the guild on Neopets and such! :P
    I've always wanted to try curry... mm, extra spicy.

And of course! I already talked about seeing LKS and Dani too. But I don't know if we're even going to England yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yay for thread bump...!

Well, as it turns out we're not going to England (booo), but we do have a seven-hour layover in Toronto during which we'll be given some time to explore outside the airport, so I'm looking forward to trying some good ol' Canadian poutine (which is sold in some places in the US, but not way down here in southern California).

Between my friend and I we have a quite a list going--we have to find some way to get lunch for our selves every day, so we're pretty much planning that aspect around what foods we want to try.

Any more suggestions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fortunately, I've had alot of the aforementioned Euro candy, thanks in part to my awesome Swedish brother-in-law! I can truthfully say that Marabou chocolate is some of the best stuff on earth. My favorite type of candy though is gummy, and so HARIBO.