Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: You have werid and then you have Nut Jobs (Warning...it werid alright)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Xinithian
    I actually wear a leather jacket. But don't they use the cow for meat as well as leather?
    Quite right Mr. X. Quite right.

It kind of reminds me of Sir Paul McCartney's avowal that, although a vociferous champion of PETA, he could never bear to surrender his incredibly comfortable (not to mention fashionable) Bruno Magli Bransons until the G-D Vegans invented something better.

And, hey, I know I'm not telling this group anything they don't already know, but the Latin word "petas" means "ham". It's a stretch, but work with me on this.

Oh, and one more thing: from the deeply disturbing Whitetails.com...

"When bow hunting you can buy a string called tracking string to find the deer that you shot late in the day. It connects to the end of your arrow. So when you hit the deer all you have to look for is the string and find your deer at the end. If the arrow manages to fall out that should unclog the hole in the deer to let the blood drip out."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh, how shall I put this....

Okay, and here we go. You all are probably gonna go after me with sticks n' stones though....

I don't mind animal testing, as long as it is done only for cosmetics, like shampoo. It's not like they say "Hey, let's poison the dog to see if it'll have any negative effects!" and force half a bottle of Pantene down a Schnauzer's throat. As long as they aren't doing nuclear testing or chopping off dog limbs, I'm fine with it. No harm, no foul.

I eat meat, and love it. I also have a best friend who is a vegetarian. I'm not going to stop the diet I've had my whole life just to save a chicken or cow from dying. Animals that are not pets (or as PETA calls them, 'companion animals') don't really do that much.

And, on another note, did you know that the president (or chairman, can't remember. She may be both) of PETA is diabetic? That means she has to use pig insulin to keep herself alive.

PETA sickens me. A couple of years ago they had a couple of campaigns that made me ill.

First, they said something to the effect of 'Even if animal testing resulted in a cure for AIDS, we'd be against it.' That right there made me want to throw something across the room (I was at school though, I believe).

Then they had the guts to say that chickens dying in a factory is WORSE than six million Jewish people dying in Nazi concentration camp.

That earned a HUGE 'What the crap?!' from me. Chickens don't do much but cluck and walk around looking for food. Have y'all been to a farm? I have. Chickens don't play, they're not all that cute, and they are essentially useless to humans other than breeding (for eggs) and food.

Like I said, I'm not going to stop eating meat just so some chicken can walk and cluck and do nothing all day. That's my job.

Oooh, another point comes! Have you all heard of PETA's marketing strategies, other than the ones mentioned in the thread? You won't believe the crap that they give to little kids. We're talking ELEMENTARY school kids. Not middle, not high, little Barney-loving or Pokemon-loving kids.

One in particular is the 'Your Mommy Kills Animals' packet. The cover is VERY disturbing. A shaking rabbit under a bloody knife with a woman holding the knife. Then it goes on to say that just because 'your mommy wears a fur coat she kills animals'.

The pictures in there should not be shown to ADULTS, let alone 3rd graders. There are graphic depictions of a one-eyed fox and also one that's been skinned.

Oh yeah, and PETA euthanizes animals, too. Yay for hypocrasy!

Well, I better end this post. I hate PETA and I wish they'd either get sued (by those parents of children who have been traumatized by that literature I told you about) or some sense knocked into them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't mind animal testing, as long as it is done only for cosmetics, like shampoo. It's not like they say "Hey, let's poison the dog to see if it'll have any negative effects!" and force half a bottle of Pantene down a Schnauzer's throat. As long as they aren't doing nuclear testing or chopping off dog limbs, I'm fine with it. No harm, no foul.
    So what your saying is that it's alright to test Sauve on rabbits, but it's NOT alright to look for cures for, say, cancer on them. Riiight. "Hey, let's poison the dog to see if it'll have any negative effects!" Actually, that's basically what they do. Obviously not with actual poison - they put stuff like makeup in the animal's eyes to see if negative effects follow.

I eat meat, and love it. I also have a best friend who is a vegetarian. I'm not going to stop the diet I've had my whole life just to save a chicken or cow from dying. Animals that are not pets (or as PETA calls them, 'companion animals') don't really do that much.
    What are you talking about? Pets are essentially, the most "worthless" animal there is. They don't help the ecosystem, they don't work, they don't provide food.

Oooh, another point comes! Have you all heard of PETA's marketing strategies, other than the ones mentioned in the thread? You won't believe the crap that they give to little kids. We're talking ELEMENTARY school kids. Not middle, not high, little Barney-loving or Pokemon-loving kids.

One in particular is the 'Your Mommy Kills Animals' packet. The cover is VERY disturbing. A shaking rabbit under a bloody knife with a woman holding the knife. Then it goes on to say that just because 'your mommy wears a fur coat she kills animals'.

The pictures in there should not be shown to ADULTS, let alone 3rd graders. There are graphic depictions of a one-eyed fox and also one that's been skinned.
    Okay, I partially agree with you - that advertisement DEFINATELY shouldn't of been given to 3rd graders... and it shouldn't have been forced upon anyone. I think say, high schoolers, could've looked at it, but only if they and they alone decided they were interested and could handle it. And even, in a way, buying a fur coat is condoning the killing of animals. There are alternatives.

That earned a HUGE 'What the crap?!' from me. Chickens don't do much but cluck and walk around looking for food. Have y'all been to a farm? I have. Chickens don't play, they're not all that cute, and they are essentially useless to humans other than breeding (for eggs) and food.
    So what if they're not "cute" and they don't "play". That's not why their at the farm, dude. Eggs and food ARE the reason they're there. They don't HAVE to be useful for anything else.

So, um.. yeah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hate Peta too. Somebody should mail them a big box of raw meat.

Thanks for the banner, Sombolia.