Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Religon (again, sorry)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Religon (again, sorry)

Yes, I know this has been brought up before, but since the last poll closed and with the addition of lots of new members, I would like to see what people are. I'll also include more options. Poll results will be held open forever.

And when I say "conservative" or "liberal" christian, I am asking if you're very literal when it comes to what the bible says (conservative), or if you're metaphorical when it comes to the bible says (liberal). For example, somebody would be a conservative Christian if they said that repenting to Christ is the absolute way into heaven, whereas somebody would be a liberal Christian if they said that by repenting to Christ you would be much spiritually healthier and therefore would have a better chance of getting into heaven (which a liberal Christian might say is a state of mind in the afterlife rather than an actual place), but somebody from another religion who is in peace with himself (like Gandhi, etc.) could make it into heaven as well.

IMPORTANT: CATHOLICS ARE CHRISTIANS IN THIS! DON'T PUT OTHER IF YOU'RE CATHOLIC! Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    where's Plagerism?

anywho, there are 4 types of bible interpretation, i know you couldn't fit them all on there anyway!
    there is the Conservative, Liberal, Literal and Fundamentalist.
    i should know what they mean because i took R.E. as a subject...

anyway. myself, i'm not actually religous. i took RE so i could understand the teachings of other religions so i didn't misinterpret them in conversation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Athiest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd say I'm a moderate Christian...but I lean more Liberal....so Liberal Christian! ....Because Gandhi deserves heaven more than I could ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What would Romen Catholic go under?

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Roman Catholic would be under one of the Christians...but whether you're liberal Christian or conservative Christian depends on how much you believe in the Roman Catholic doctrine, methinks.

As for myself, closest thing you could call me is "Native American Shamanist".

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Whitewolf
    What would Romen Catholic go under?
    It depends on if you lean towards more of a conservative view of Christianity...or a more Liberal view...so Roman Catholic would go under either of those....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Exactly as Wicked and lion_roog said! I myself would be a very liberal Christian (Catholic as well)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    so if u like the traditional type then i am guess u go under......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    so if u like the traditional type then i am guess u go under......
    What? There isn't really a traditional type. You should look at my examples on the first post, then decide from those.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Atheist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ahhhhhhhhh i can't decide since i am not a really good of faithful person (example last time i went to church was 5 years ago , last time i went to comfession is hmmmmmmm let see i don't remeber could be 9 could be 10 years ago and i use Lords or gods name in vain sometimes...Yep i am on the high way to hell for sure )

guess i go with the liberal since i like the liberal party of canada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    m Welp, I return from church and here be the topic. I have no idear what the liberal or fundementist whatcha hostit and what not is...but, I'm a lazy bum, don' wanna read up well.... I'm a Southern Baptist, wherever it comes down to it. But all in all, I'm a very strong follower of Christ!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Agnostic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ahhhhhhhhh i can't decide since i am not a really good of faithful person (example last time i went to church was 5 years ago , last time i went to comfession is hmmmmmmm let see i don't remeber could be 9 could be 10 years ago and i use Lords or gods name in vain sometimes...Yep i am on the high way to hell for sure )

I think we were better off when Chr?tien was the leader of the Liberals...:P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It doesn't matter if you're faithful or not. What matters is your interpretation of the Bible. Judging what you said about the using of God in vain, I'd assume that you're actually a conservative Christian, because they would be more likely to interpret it literally than a liberal Christian who might interpret as "Don't call upon God for wanting unnecessary things".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Utora
    m Welp, I return from church and here be the topic. I have no idear what the liberal or fundementist whatcha hostit and what not is...but, I'm a lazy bum, don' wanna read up well.... I'm a Southern Baptist, wherever it comes down to it. But all in all, I'm a very strong follower of Christ!
    Well, do you take everything in the Bible literally (as in Hell being in an actual place people get sent to when they die), or metaphorically (like Hell being a state of mind that one would be in when they die, rather than an actual place)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Xinithian
    It doesn't matter if you're faithful or not. What matters is your interpretation of the Bible.
    Um...part true, part not true. Faith is what keeps a man going, and faith is what decides how you obey God. If I had no faith, I wouldn't even bother to read or judge the bible. Nor would I give a ju-who-sit on God. That's my "opinion" and I'd like people to state their minds upon this. I'm not rustling the bumble bush here. :noogie:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Xinithian
    Well, do you take everything in the Bible literally (as in Hell being in an actual place people get sent to when they die), or metaphorically (like Hell being a state of mind that one would be in when they die, rather than an actual place)?

It is most definitly a real place that the unfortunate unbeilievers shall fall into after they pass away. However, I and other christians would be to blame, because our duty is to convert and save people from exactly that. So, that's my thesis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Islam.. Muslim..
    im proud of it